Good Riddance

Project Zelo

"What did I tell you?" Yongguk didn't have to look up from the couch to know who was behind him. Throughout the years he had been able to differentiate between the footsteps of those close to him. The footsteps stopped quickly behind him stopped, and so he stood up to meet her. Though it had been nearly a week, Jieun's eyes were red and puffy. She glared at him desperately.

"You've managed to keep the place pretty clean, I'm impressed." Jieun made small talk, running her fingertips along the immaculate surface along the counter.

"Didn't I tell you I'd kill you?"

Her hand stopped when she reached a folder. "You've got my car keys. I'm not going to Busan by foot." Yongguk smiled knowing that she would soon be leaving. He grabbed the keys from the hanger and threw them at her face, not taking any notice if they caused any damage. She expertly caught the keys with her free hand, the other on the folder. She held the folder close to her face, reading every detail.

"Zelo? That's what you call him?" Jieun scoffed.

"It's not like I made it up."

Jieun pushed herself up against Yongguk. "I know Yongguk. You're smarter than that." She purred, shamelessly close to her new ex. Jieun pushed Yongguk onto the couch and straddled him, forcing a strong kiss on his lips. Yongguk screamed in his head for logic, his body moving without his brain telling it to. By the time he was responding to her rough touch his brain was screaming insults at his otherwise unresponsive self. It didn't take long for the two to lose their clothes, not that Jieun was wearing much to begin with. She motioned towards the bedroom but Yongguk kept her pinned to the sofa.

"Make up ?"

"Break up . Put your clothes on and leave, ." Jieun was taken aback by Yongguk's comment and his sudden mood swing. She tutted as she put her clothes on. Though it was just for a moment, both were convinced they could've gotten back together. Everything seemed perfect. Yongguk knew that deep down he had been in the wrong. A relationshup was too like a job. It takes a lot of work to get there and then you have to work your off to keep it. Regardless, what Jieun did was unforgiveable.

"As you wish. You have children to bang."

Yongguk made that same sarcastic laugh again. "Jealous of a child."

"Zelo? He's mental, not Greek." Jieun said in a hushed voice, but Yongguk heard.

Jieun left for the final time. For the first time, Yongguk felt true loneliness. Someone had always been there, even if they didn't take centre stage, there was always someone hiding behind the curtains. Until now. He held back a choked sob which echoed around the empty apartment. Yongguk distracted himself by opening up his laptop. He thought back to what Jieun said before she left. "Greek? How is he Greek?"

To the left of him, he found a textbook belonging to Jieun. Jieun had been studying Ancient Civilisations in university. Yongguk's brain clicked. He opened up his internet browser and typed 'Greek Gods' into the search bar. He searched through multiple websites. Scrolling down the websites, he found a final entry that sparked his attention.

"Zelus." He read out loud. He once again hit the speed dial on his phone.

"Himchan! Quick quiz."

"It's one in the morning. This had better be good, Yongguk."

"What do you know about Zelus. You know, the Greek God."

"Wasn't he the God of Jealousy?"

God of Jealousy. What was Zelo jealous about? Was Zelo jealous? Was someone jealous of Zelo? 

"Himchan, do you know any gangs that use such names as gangs?"

"Not that I know of. Go to sleep Yongguk, Youngjae and Jongup come tomorrow."