Lost Kitten

Project Zelo

"I'll contact security. They'll find him." Youngjae reassured Yongguk who said nothing. 

Yongguk nodded absentmindedly, staring straight into oblivion.

"It's all your fault. Why did you have to be such a prick to him?" Yongguk heard Himchan say.

"Shut the up, Himchan!" He growled, though it came out as less than a mewl.

"Yongguk-hyung?" Jongup sounded concerned. "Himchan isn't here, he went out looking for Zelo a few minutes ago."

Youngjae quickly shot Yongguk a fierce glare. "Bang Yong Guk!" He motioned for the younger boy to leave, which he happily obliged.

"Sorry, Jongup and Himchan sound so similar."

"They really don't."

Yongguk shone a weary smile at the angry looking doctor who glared in return. Youngjae shook his head in disbelief.

"I said I believed you. Don't shred my trust, Yongguk. I'm warning you. I'm sick of people never listening to a god damn thing I say."

Jongup returned to inform them that security will call them in the next hour, less if they found him. He looked worriedly at Yongguk who remained with his head in his hands. The latter glanced at Youngjae who just shook his head, signalling him not to ask a question.

Time passed by very slowly.

15 minutes.

30 minutes.

45 minutes.

"I'm going to go look for him myself." Yongguk jumped up. Youngjae tried to convince him to stay but failed miserably. Soon, Yongguk was back outside, staring into the pouring storm. A thunder storm had rolled in, threatening the city with it's unfriendly wrath. He searched through the whole outside area in the dark and pouring rain. Nothing.

"Youngjae, don't lie to me. There's something going on which I don't know about." Jongup's jaw was tight and his brows furrowed as he stood above his best friend with his arms crossed. Youngjae sighed.

"Would I ever lie to you?" He lied, gritting through his teeth, He hated every second of this. The younger boy slumped into the chair next to him and closed his eyes with Youngjae his hair like the submissive puppy he was.

"I guess you're right."

"Jongup, I'm sorry." Youngjae thought desperately.

Yongguk was soon dripping wet, his clothes clad to his skin. THe had entered the abandoned ward that had not been demolished yet, his hopes low. He just needed somewhere to hide since his body temperature was lowering desperately. Shivering like a loon, he walked through the hall. Lightning struck, illuminating the place. In the room right in front of him, he saw a figure. With a familiar posture. His legs curled up under his chin. The same curly hair.

The boy screamed when he heard the thunder and placed his hands over his ears for protection. He cried. Violently. The sounds were very much infant like and shrill, showing his childish and vulnerable soul.

"Junhong." Yongguk had gotten so used to which side of the boy he was talking with.

Junhong looked up at the sound of his name being called. Slowly he got up to his feet, trembling madly. He ran into the arms of Yongguk, still crying. Though he was really tall, he still managed to hug Yongguk's waist for protection.

"Junhong doesn't want to be out in the rain anymore. Doesn't want to sleep out in a storm again!"

His voice was almost impossible to comprehend, but Yongguk still his hair and hugged him tightly. Even if he was pretending to understand, he did a good job of it.

"I don't want to get hurt again." Zelo had calmed down a little.

Yongguk pushed the boy away, far enough to look him in the eye, but keeping him close enough for comfort.

"Listen to me. I'll never - on my life - let anyone hurt you again."

The kid smiled and wiped the tears away from his eyes. Yongguk brushed away his hands and wiped away the residue with nothing but his thumb.

"This is it, I'm in too deep." Yongguk let go of Zelo and smiled.