Second Opinion

Project Zelo

"Have we reverted back to this?"

Zelo remained cross legged on the floor, frowning into a yellow-stained book. He hadn't spoken for the last few days, as if hiding back into his protective shell of solitude.

"Right. Fine. I'll leave."

He his heel to leave.

"Hyung! Don't leave."

"Yeah, Yongguk. Don't leave him, look how desperate he is!" A feminine voice chimed in. With a large sigh he sat back down in his place on the bed, uninterested by the situation. His mother got up from sitting in the lone chair and paced around the room a few times, not getting any attention from the young blonde boy. "So this is where you work? I'd go mad locked up in a place like this." Yongguk's eyes followed her with an intense glare. Over the past few days it was evident that she had gotten a lot more annoying, following her son everywhere he went. Sometimes even the bathroom. Zelo caught him staring and looked over to the same direction, only to soon raise an eyebrow and return to what he was originally doing.

"Zelo." Yongguk ignored her. "Do you want to get better or not?" His voice was harsh.

Zelo shook his head. "I don't want to be left on my own again."

"When were you left?"

Zelo mumbled something rather incomprehensive, though Yongguk picked up something about parents.

"When did your mom die?"

"What about your mom?" Zelo's glare was cold.

"What about me?"

"Shut up."

"Hyung?" He looked hurt.

"Ah, sorry. She died."

Zelo looked down and mumbled his sorry's. Yongguk looked hard at the older female who looked back at him. He felt venom build up in his throat and did not hesitate to let loose.

"It's okay. She was selfish. She commited suicide leaving her only son behind and her husband was away. No one to look after me. They said she wasn't well, like in the head, but I still think she was being a little to over the top about it, it's easy to control."

"How do you know, hyung? How can you see suffering? Everyone suffers on a different degree, some more and some less. We all react different towards any circumstance. Junhong knows this and has done for a long time. Sometimes circumstance can mess you around, others too. They just don't know that the people around them will face the consequences and eventually, so will they themselves."

Yongguk looked up, his eyes shocked from the boy. He saw a surprised Jongup standing there, his jaw tightening and his eyebrows furrowed.

"A word?" He asked simply.

Yongguk nodded and left the room. On the way out he heard her again.

"Watch out Yongguk. Nothing is as it seems. Don't think he's innocent in all of this."

"Who's not innocent?" He said aloud before realising, mentally kicking himself in the head.

Outside, Jongup ed a packet of tablets his way. "Take these,"

Yongguk eyed the collection of anti depressants in his hand. He knew for a fact that it may be possible he could suffer from the psychotic depression gene, though adamant that he did not. Psychotic depression only intensified with the use of depressant drugs.

"Jongup, you do know that anyone without a need to take such drugs will most likely suffer or develop negative symptoms, right?"

Jongup nodded.

"I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm not stupid. I want a reaction from you."

"Are you trying to make me ill?"

"It seems you're pretty successful at doing that yourself, Yongguk."