Trust

Project Zelo

"Class, to first understand the civilisation, we must first brush up on our basic knowledge of the religion." The boring lecturer droned on mechanically without any hint of emotion in his voice. "In Israel, there has been significant conflict between Judaism and Christianity, as both religions state Israel to be the holy place of God. Using the New Testament, there is one incident which is vital to know for you to complete your studies."

"Yah, Daehyun!" She whispered to the student next to her.

"Jieun, be quiet!" He hissed.

"Song Jieun. I'd appreciate it if you would pay attention. I don't care if you're leaving school at the end of this week, whilst in my class you will do as I say."

Jieun bowed in apology, shooting a variety of glances towards Daehyun in an attempt to grab his attention.

"The event was the betrayal of one of Jesus' apostles. Judas."

Daehyun placed his head in his hands. Jieun shoved a note under his elbow.

I'm sorry.

Daehyun wrote back.

What for?

The fact I have to leave.

Don't worry about it, I plan on leaving too.

You're leaving. You can't..you can't leave me alone.

Jieun. I'm NOT him. Either of them.

Jieun scrumbled up the note and shoved it in her bag in annoyance, ruffling the wavy loose pleats in her skirt.

"The betrayal of Judas involved Judas himself selling out on Jesus, giving his whereabouts to the Roman guards for a collection of silver in return, thus, Jesus was arrested and crucified. The betrayal has another name. 'The kiss of Judas'. Written in the bible, the story goes that Judas kissed Jesus in indication to whom he was, so the guards could inconspicuously detect the diety. However, some believe that it was not Judas who kissed Jesus, but an imposter. Eventually Judas commited suicide in response to his actions. Judas is known also as a term for a witness of crime, a soul who will not utter a word about a crime he witnessed until it eats him alive."

Daehyun rose from his seat and headed for the door. "Jung Daehyun! Where are you going?" The teacher was left ignored.

Yongguk hung up on the banker after a long discussion and transfer of money that he had been charged. Sighing, he slipped back into his plush office chair, rubbing his temples with his thumb and ring finger. The last few days didn't make sense at all.

"I told you!" The female voice laughed at Yongguk, pointing at her son's stressed behaviour.

"Shut up. No one asked for your opinion."

"So, what are you going to do."

"He did nothing wrong."

Jongup sauntered in the room, his face showing that the boy had less than a care in the world.

"Who did nothing wrong?"

"Nothing...just talking to myself."

Jongup plopped himself down on the plush couch, legs crossed like a primary school child. Almost mockingly, Jongup withdrew a Rubix cube from his rucksack and began to play with it mindlessly.

"He's so pretty! If I was your age, Yongguk-"

Yongguk cleared his throat, cutting her off. Jongup looked up at Yongguk and smiled before looking back down at his colourful plastic puzzle. Yongguk went back to organising his filing. After around about fifteen minutes, Jongup spoke.

"When were you going to tell me?"

Yongguk looked at the boy in confusion.

"I was never good at these." Jongup groaned. With a smirk, he pulled off the stickers and replaced them in colour order, completing the cube. Yongguk felt a wave of deja vú.

"When were you going to tell me?" Jongup asked again.

"I don't understand." Yongguk stuttered honestly.

Jongup took a few steps towards Yongguk. He reached into the elder's pocket and fumbled for a bit in his jacket. Soon, he withdrew a tiny microphone from Yongguk's person. Yongguk looked on at him in shock. Jongup stepped back a little and removed a tiny cassette player from his own person and pressed play.

"I managed to kill my own father, get away with it and convince you that I did nothing wrong. But then again, you're not really the most mentally stable of us all. I'd say you're one of the worst in this whole place." The sounds coming from the player were slightly distorted but every intake of breath could be clearly heard.

"He did nothing wrong." Yongguk said, after two times failing due to stuttering.

"I'm afraid in your condition you are likely to suffer a spell of poor judgement, Yongguk." Jongup smirked at Yongguk, knowing he was right. "I don't trust you. None of us do."