Pointless

Project Zelo

"Wh-what?"

"She lived in America. Her husband had gotten quite violent and took it out on their son."

Yongguk turned a queasy green colour.

"Then why did she become attached to Zelo?"

He knew the answer. Daehyun stared coldly.

"I thought you were a genius. Do you seriously not know?"

"Why?"

Yongguk could only form one word questions in front of Daehyun. He didn't want to believe the words we was being told. was such a small word, but it had a massive meaning that was almost impossible to comprehend without experiencing it. Even then, it was not an experience anyone would wish against another.

Daehyun's jaw clenched. It was obvious that this piece of vital information was not new to him, even if this was the first time he had ever mentioned it to another. Obviously Daehyun's mother knew. That's why she had left Junhong stay with them after he died.

Daehyun hadn't answered. Yongguk sighed.

"How did his-" Yongguk would rather vomit than say the word. "-mom die?"

Coincidently, Daehyun's phone rang and he excused himself to answer it. Yongguk was very lightheaded, but now was not the time to be worrying about himself, not that he ever did.

"Zelo?" Yongguk crept back into the room quietly at the smiling boy. No one could have considered that anyone could do things like that to him. Taking aside his personality, or personalities, he looked so innocent.

"Yes, Hyung?"

Yongguk leaned in, the boy's abused skin.

"Who did this to you?"

Zelo stayed quiet.

"Daehyun?"

He shook his head.

"Your dad?"

Zelo caressed his arm. For a while, he stayed silent. "No." He finally answered, his voice stern. Lately his skin had managed to get a healthier flush into it, leaving a soft contrast between his face and hair which was still shockingly white, despite the naturally dark roots. His lips had become a little more pink, like petals from a cherry blossom tree. They parted as if he was to speak again. Yongguk's vision suddenly became a little fuzzy. He blinked slowly, drunk with the expanse of air that was not filling his lungs.

"Hyung?"

Yongguk looked up at Zelo, his mouth not responding to his brain to speak. The feeling of choking overwhelmed him, but nothing was blocking his airways. Panic set in. 

Yongguk lost balance and hit his head off the floor with a deafening crack.

"Don't leave me." The boy whispered. "They always leave."

Before his eyes closed, he saw Zelo shaking him violently, not understanding nor hearing the words he was shouting. The boy's lips moved differently to the words that escaped.

"Like mother, like son."