A Problem Shared

Project Zelo

"How can you treat your brother like that, adopted or otherwise?"

Yongguk had pulled Daehyun over to a local café. The trio had taken their patient back to their hospital. No one really knew where Jieun had gotten to. It seemed more like, no one cared. Daehyun sat and gently trailed his thumb around the circumference of the paper cup, condensation running down his fingertips. He looked at the steam as if the hot liquid and gas was the most exciting thing he had seen all day.

"Daehyun-ssi?"

Daehyun's head snapped up, blinking in confusion.

"I guess we never really had that brotherly bond, we didn't know each other long."

Yongguk raised an eyebrow. He wasn't here to write fairytales. He ignored the fact that Daehyun was still in a brooding state as he was here for business and not to share sympathy.

"Cut the crap. You sent him to me, you have an ulterior motive."

Daehyun sighed, absentmindedly his leg as he began to muster up a string of sensible words that could begin to convey his emotions.

"I did it for him." He said simply, leaving the doctor completely unconvinced.

"Locking him up in a cell in an asylum to be left with only your own thoughts which are potentially warped themselves and completely ruining any future chance of being normal again and living a normal life in today's society. And you did it for him. Right."

"You don't understand."

"I'm paid to understand. I don't know exactly what happened but I understand a Hell of a lot more than you ever will about that kid."

"Bang Yong Guk. What is he to you?"

"Whatever do you mean?"

Daehyun cocked his head sarcastically, his expression was sickening.

"The way in which you talk about him. As if you are the only one in the world who understands him. What he does. What he did. What he will do. What he thinks. Don't you think that's a little suspicious?"

"I don't-"

"Not to mention you spend more time with my little brother than you ever did with your girlfriend!" Daehyun was now shouting at Yongguk, trying desperately to hit a nerve.

The whole café was now silent. Other customers turned to look at the situation in the far corner. Daehyun was standing over Yongguk, his fists clenched. His knee trembled. Yongguk's brain started to assess the potentially dangerous issue. His eyes glistening with inspiration.

"Jung Daehyun. What happened to your leg?"

Daehyun sat back down, his grip tightening on his injured leg, his lips tight and his face white with pure agony.

"I hurt it." He managed to spit out in between holding back screams. Though the injury seemed like it was not fresh, it still hit deep enough to hurt like Hell, even with just a slight movement. Because Yongguk was next to him in the seat instead of opposite him, he let his hand carress the other boy's leg, not caring about any looks he may have gotten. He squeezed his palm down, feeling the wound. Daehyun hissed. The wound was a long laceration, still in stitches that had not been removed nor degraded on their own. Yongguk was reminded of that time he hit Jieun when he heard Daehyun's reaction, and smiled. Daehyun knew what was going on and did not question the elder or raised alarm to a nearby pedestrian.

"I can see that." Yongguk whispered in Daehyun's ear. His voice was dark and husky and elicited a strange laugh from himself.

"He's..a..damage. To himself. And..others." Daehyun began to pant, becoming delirious with the sheer pain Yongguk was giving him. The area under Yongguk's hand started to dampen and so he removed it. "Yongguk. Do you really think you should be handling such a case?" Daehyun sighed in relief when the pressure stopped.

"What are you saying?"

"Have you seen yourself? You look like Hell. Your skin looks so pale and papery. You have dark circles under your eyes the same shade as your irises" Daehyun stared at Yongguk, his voice changing, becoming the epitany of sarcasm and deeper than before. "You're letting Junhong get to you, he always gets to them. Always."

"What did you say?"

"I said you went blank for a second, like you were deep in thought. Are you okay?"

Yongguk looked at him judgingly. "

"What happened to his parents?"

Daehyun noticed Jieun had arrived at the entrance, her eyes still puffy from the reunion.

"Ah, as much as I'd like to continue, I must take my leave." After getting up with much difficulty, he stopped in front of Yongguk, his back turned. "Zelo did do something. Don't listen to him."