Hide and Seek

Project Zelo

"You let him out?!" Himchan snarled at a bored looking Jongup that made an expression similar to that of a rebellious delinquent being scolded once again by a teacher. Jongup rolled his eyes which momentarily offended the older male who then nodded as his brain started to function again, numb from betrayal. "You felt that you owed him didn't you? You wanted to help him, even if it didn't directly help him."

"We're playing a game."

"You want him out of the picture, don't you? You're not helping him, you're just evening out the playing field. You don't want to go on feeling selfish, especially if he's gone."

"We're playing a game."

Himchan nodded, far too infuriated to answer Jongup, especially when he had that idiot smirk on his face that showed no remorse, only his own selfish amusement. No one would ever think of Jongup as a sadist who caused havoc for his own sadistic pleasure. Maybe he wasn't. Maybe it was just Himchan's tsunami of anger that flooded over him. Regardless of reason, Himchan soon had pushed Jongup against one of the plain hallway walls, the younger groaning when he felt a blanket of warmth spread across the back of his head.

"Are you all messing with me? Am I the only one who is sane?"

Himchan tightened his steely grip on Jongup's shirt, the latter hissing under his hands. Jongup groaned and moved his head to the side slightly, but it was enough to show he elder the fresh trail of blood trickling down his neck. At the site there was a short intake of breath from both of them and Himchan was the first to crack, his voice wavering as he broke down.

"Why are you all getting so bothered over a kid?"

"We're not! We all have a duty to Yongguk."

"Nothing is wrong with Yongguk. He's my best friend, he wouldn't lie to me."

Jongup cracked, laughing as if he had been told the funniest joke known to mankind and forgot about the grazed skin on the back of his head that dyed his light hair a menacing shade of red. This infuriated Himchan once more as he wrapped his hands around Jongup's neck to cut off his tedious laughter.

"What's so funny?"

Jongup choked a little, a rather grotesque noise emitting from his throat and Himchan shuddered at a memory.

Yongguk looked up at the boy who had him pinned to the cold concrete flooring. His face was expressionless. The mime-like teenager still did not make a sound as he tightened his grip around Yongguk's neck. The only sound in the room was the boy's hands tightening, sounding shockingly similar to a rope groaning under unwanted weight. It was truely a grotesque sound. The room felt like they had stepped into a vintage silent film. Blotches of black tainted Yongguk's vision.

Zelo had a little part in all of them.

Jongup was, however, not slow to react. He managed to tangle one of his skinny legs around Himchan's and knock him off balance, slipping away stealthily like a fox. His breathing hitched and he was shaking with anger. The younger slowly lifted a trembling hand to his head and pulled it away, staring at the red pooling in his palm. He clenched.

"You know what? you all, every last one of you. I'm going home, I really do not need to put up with this . Whether either of them is dead or alive anymore, I don't care."

"That's a bad idea. Not caring got us here in the first place."

Jongup stuck out his middle finger before leaving swiftly without a sound, indeed like the sly fox he was. Himchan sighed and wiped the smears of blood on a nearby curtain. The place was tainted anyway, so it's not like it really mattered anymore. He pulled out his phone and rang Youngjae to inform him of the angered doctor.

No response.

He tried again, no reponse.

Himchan cursed to himself. Everything had crumbled to the point that no one was there for each other. What is trust?

He dialled a new number.

"Jieun?"

"Himchan? Is there a problem?"

"Well maybe, but I'll talk about that later. Are you with Hyosung?"

"She'll be back later, she's at work still I think. Why?"

"Great. I'm coming over."