Suspicion

Project Zelo

Without realising, Yongguk found himself with his grip tight around Jongup's collar, his face boring into the younger man's.

"Do it." The younger commanded.

Footsteps sounded from outside. Yongguk quickly released his grip on Jongup and slowly backed off. A smiling Himchan and Youngjae entered.

"What's with the tension, guys?" Himchan asked, finding himself a space to sit, shortly followed by an attentive Youngjae. Yongguk glared suspiciously at the two. He had no idea why, but for some reason they were against him. All against him.

"So how's your sister?" Jongup tried to make conversation with Youngjae, sparking worry from Yongguk. He now thought of Jongup like a time bomb that will slowly explode. Explode with Zelo's convictions. Jongup had something of exponential urgency to say, so why hadn't he said it? Yongguk swallowed the large lump building up in his throat. Obviously, it occurred to him that they already knew.

"She's fine. She's allowed to walk for a limited period of time but due to malnutrition she has to stay in confinement for a while until her electrolyte results come back."

"At least she's responding positively, I guess. Tell noona I'll visit." Jongup continued the conversation curtly. Yongguk's patience wavered. He knew, but he wasn't saying anything. The boy had killed his own father, his own flesh and blood, but casual conversation about a recovering anorexic had dominated the conversation.

"They know."Yongguk thought to himself, yet, no one mentioned it. His hands started to shake, his core bubbling with anger. "What is your problem?" He yelled at the three lax males who then blinked in confusion. No one answered. "Well, you know what? you all!" And with that, he walked out. Even in a puzzled state, they all knew where he was headed.

"What's his problem?" Youngjae raised an eyebrow as his eyes darted to the slammed door that still shook the window frames violently. Himchan nodded. Jongup stayed frozen in his spot.

"Jongup?"

The youngest looked up timidly at the call of his name and ran his fingers through the blonde locks of his straight hair. His grip tightened, barely realising that he pulled quite a few strands out from his scalp.

"You know something."

Jongup didn't deny this. He simply looked down at his feet. Youngjae scoffed, becoming used to Jongup's compulsive lying or hiding from his friend. This gesture infuriated Jongup.

"When do I ever know anything, Youngjae? When do I ever have the mental capacity to know anything? It's not like you don't keep anything from me."

A verbal fight sparked between the two blood brothers. Himchan tried to stop the conflict.

Jongup snatched Himchan's phone from his pocket and began to scroll through his contact list. He paused at Yongguk, but continued on. When he found his desired number, he quickly dialled it. The other two looked at him in exasperation.

"Ah, hi. Jieun. We need to talk to you.. About Yongguk." Himchan and Youngjae could hear muffled protesting on the other line. "It's very important that you come." Jongup hung up, ignoring the protests and smiled at the baffled couple.

"She has a hospital appointment but she's coming after."

"What about Daehyun?"

"I never asked about him. I want to know about Yongguk, not Junhong."

"We have a meeting to attend and a patient's schedule. We don't have the time to have tea and biscuits with our friend's ex girlfriend!"

"We'll have Himchan speak to her, won't we, Himchan? I know you two are close."