Questioning

Project Zelo

"What are you hiding from?" Yongguk questioned the boy who sat cross legged on the floor, rearranging his coloured pencils instead of drawing on the provided paper.

"Zelo's not running from anything, hyung."

"Junhong. What are you hiding from?" Yongguk asked again.

Zelo raised his eyebrow. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Yongguk kneeled down to his level, looking hard into the boy's eyes.

"Yes you are. May I say, the longer you hide from something, the easier it is for it to find you. It will always find you."

Yongguk was now using such a foreign and twisted tone in his voice that actually elicited tears from the boy's eyes. They welled up and overflowed, leaving scorching marks on his now tomato red face.

"Daehyun-hyung wouldn't lie to Junhong! Never ever!" He was now shouting at Yongguk who seemed to find entertainment in the boy's misery. A sneer built up in Yongguk's throat and erupted, only to be stopped by a sharp stinging sensation across the side of his face. Zelo had slapped him.

"What the ?" Yongguk gripped onto the boy's shirt, pulling him closer.

"Junhong doesn't want to listen to a voice like that anymore. Junhong learned that once he hears a voice like that, he has to hit them before they hit Junhong."

Yongguk loosened one hand from his shirt and caressed Zelo's forearm, fingertips skimming the alarmingly raised scarring.

"So you're telling me, someone did this to you?" His voice had softened back down to his previous tone.

Zelo shook his head unconvincingly.

"Fine, suit yourself." Yongguk left the boy there on his room's floor.

After that, he didn't quite feel like doing work and so instead he took some paperwork outside to look at to prevent procrastination. The sun had began to hid behind the darkening clouds and though it was very bright and warm, it wouldn't last like that for long. Yongguk had been severely neglecting his other work lately after Zelo had started to talk, for some reason he found that the boy had been taking up a significant amount of time in both his schedule and his free time. He barely had time to go home and sometimes resorted to cleaning up and showering at work. Being engrossed was one thing, but Yongguk was never a workaholic until now.

It had been a couple of days since Zelo was allowed to leave and they were pleased to know that he had not abused the privilege, if anything the boy kept himself to himself and did not communicate with any other patients. He was still in the position where he never communicated with anyone apart from Yongguk. Since that incident with Jieun and Daehyun at the funeral. Yongguk had been desperately trying to work out why the boy had such an attachment to him, acting like a runt in a pack of lions, hiding behind the alpha male.

Rain started to spit onto the paperwork and made Yongguk realise had been deep in thought for the majority of his time outside, once again not getting any of his work done. He reached for shelter underneath one of the facilities recreational rooms. He checked the time to see that he had been out there for about three hours at least. He also had a text message. From Himchan. Asking him to call him immediately.

"Himchan?"

"Yongguk. Finally. Are you with Zelo?"

"No, I thought he was with you today."

"Are you serious? I went to go pick him up but he was gone."

Yongguk showed signs of panic.

"Have you asked Youngjae or Jongup?"

"They're with me now. None of us can find him. He's not in his room."

"LOOK FOR HIM THEN."

"Calm down Yongguk. He can't get far, there's no way out of here. He's still in the building somewhere."

Yongguk hung up, sick of hearing Himchan's whining voice for once.

"It's my fault."