BABYs?

Project Zelo

"Himchan? What do you think about children?" Yongguk gulped loudly once he answered the question, feeling a little hot under the collar.

"Why?" Himchan snickered after asking. "Are you getting a little attached to Zelo?"

"No, I mean like...babies."

"Well, they basically all over, cry and expect to have everything done for them. Then when they get to 18 years old they leave and never want anything to do with you ever again. Then the cycle restarts."

Yongguk was slightly annoyed at this comment. It didn't seem to be the answer he was looking for. Would it kill him to get a little bit of sympathy from his best friend? As Yongguk began to rise from his seat, he heard a knock on the glass door. Both his and Himchan's heads snapped up at the sound. Without warning, they saw the figure from behind the door enter. It was Jieun, which was very unexpected as she usually refused to set one step in the hospital.

"Surprise!" She giggled, holding in front of her a handmade lunch box. "I felt a bit mean leaving you through all these long hours without at least something healthy to keep you going. I made enough for Himchannie too!" Jieun's bubbly aura was nearly suffocating. She continued to smile sweetly at her boyfriend.

"Unni! Daebak! You're ready to become a wife now!" Himchan exclaimed as he took the chopsticks in hand and ripped off the box's lid.

Jieun let out a hearty laugh, one that echoed like chiming bells, causing Himchan to look up at her astonishingly.

"Did Yongguk.."

"No Himchan!" She dispelled the thought quickly. "Even better! We're expecting!" She her stomach gently and proudly, ignoring the glare from her boyfriend. She waved goodbye to both boys and skipped out of the office and out of the building like a child.

"Yongguk-hyung! I didn't know you had it in you!" Himchan's eyes were glittering in awe at the elder. Yongguk cleared his throat, making it obvious that he didn't want to talk about it. He let Himchan piggishly devour his share of the food and ushered him out. "Come on, Himchan. We have things we need to do. Places to go. People to see."

Once again, Yongguk was standing outside that familiar building that potentially held the secrets they needed to know to heal Zelo. "We are NOT going in Yongguk. We can't!"

"Who said anything about going in?"

Yongguk walked towards the joint terrace house to the left of their target and knocked on the door cheerfully. Slowly, the door creaked open and a figure stared at him. The yellow man looked at the two in disgust. His skin was unnaturally yellow, as were his tainted eyes. Obvious signs of malnutrition and drug abuse, but Yongguk was not here to arrest the illegal use of substances. "Hello! Sorry to disturb you. My name is Bang Yong Guk. I'm a doctor" He showed his license to the man. "I've come to talk to you about the house next door. Do you know if the property is occupied?" Yongguk showed his trained smile. In response, the yellow man simply grunted and slammed the door in his face.

"Do you think he knows something?"

"I highly doubt it. He doesn't even know what day it is. Or how many colours are in the rainbow it seems. Oh the pitiful life of the drug dependant." Yongguk's voice sarcastically chimed as he walked to the house on the other side of where Zelo was found. He quickly rapped at the door and stood patiently as it opened. Before him stood an Ahjumma, but he refused to let down his guard for the older woman. He repeated his script from the other house, Himchan nodding where necessary in agreement.

The woman pondered. "I haven't seen the boy there in a while."

"Can you tell me what the boy looks like?"

"He was pretty tall. He had brown hair, quite long for a boy of his age." Brown hair? Zelo's hair was blonde.

"Can you tell me how old this boy was?"

"He must've been at least 18, maybe older. I'm not too sure."

"Did he ever have people with him? Perhaps, another boy?"

"No, he was always alone. Came home at strange times too. My husband said he'd seen him opening the door at 4 in the morning. Made a hell of a racket that night."

After thanking the woman, the duo returned to their car. "It can't be Zelo, can it?" Himchan asked, positively puzzled by the woman.

"The woman's old. Her eyesight isn't what it used to be, Himchan. It could potentially be Zelo. His hair is clearly dyed, so it seems he may have wanted to change his image pretty sharpish."

"Is he hiding from someone? Maybe..on the run?"

"I don't know. But whatever it could be, it's not going to get him when he's in confinement." Yongguk stated proudly, convinced that illegal or not, Zelo was in the best place he could be. He asked Himchan to drive back to the hospital.

"Okay, appa.""

"Shut up, Kim Himchan."