Fatherhood

Project Zelo

"What did you want, Himchan?" Jieun groaned quietly, rubbing the small area near the small of her back. Her eyes were showing tell-tale signs of exhaustion and intense stress, painting thin lines across the soft skin of her face. Jieun's cheeks had become sallow and hollow and her skin was no longer glowing, instead it was rather gray and had a slim sheen of oil coating it. She cleared deliberately to indicate that Himchan was to speak who then blinked out of his stress-induced trance.

"Oh, yeah. Umm.. I just wanted to see how you were, I guess. I know that all of this is really stressful for you and I feel a duty to make sure you are okay."

"You don't have a duty, Himchan."

"But I-"

"Save it. I don't need to know anything other than where and how Yongguk is."

Himchan balled his hands into tightly bound fists and bit his lip strongly in an attempt to stop his mouth working against his brain.

"It's always about ing Yongguk isn't it?"

"Excuse me? I'm having his ing child. Did you ever think about that?"

Jieun was furious, her bland skin a shade of scarlet underneath the murky surface. She glared daggers at Himchan who folded his arm and leaned against the wall near to the front door, his face nonchalant.

"Well that's what you say anyway."

"Himchan? How could you say that!" She shrieked. 

"We know where he is, well where he's going anyway. It's pretty obvious." Himchan softened after insinuating that the woman he doted over was a . When it came to Jieun, Yongguk was always going to win. That was fact. Before Himchan had a chance to speak again, Jieun was out of the door, leaving Hyosung's apartment open and unlocked. He sunk down on to the hard, cold floor on trembling knees.

"Lazy , get up!" Himchan groaned at the new voice and blinked as soon as a hand was shoved near his face. He followed it up to meet with the face of the owner it belonged to, who turned out to be no other than Jongup, a trail of dried blood staining his otherwise immaculate forehead. The once scarlet liquid had dried to a dirt like crust that tainted Jongup's skin. He tentatively took Jongup's hand who then hoisted him up without a second thought.

"Does Jieun have a computer?"

"I thought you'd gone. This is Hyosung's house, she's an inspector so she should have one lying about somewhere."

Jongup smiled in glee, his eyes meeting with a laptop on the polished kitchen bench. Without any delay he marched over there and forced a memory key into a USB drive. Himchan looked over at him, slightly puzzled by his sudden change in personality though he did not question it.

"A certain company has a certain business trip that a certain individual will be attending today, which is just our luck."

"How many times do you want to say certain, Jongup?"

"That person will also be coming off a certain flight here in less than an hour."

Himchan nodded and gasped when the information sunk in. There was only one person related to this whole scenario who would be getting a plane.

"Yongguk's dad?!"

"Ding ding ding, we have a winner! And to top it all off, you are going to speak to him and be persuasive!"

"Why me?"

"I have a headache due to a certain someone, so you owe me."