Cake

Project Zelo

Yongguk nearly gagged at the sweet smell that oozed into his office, followed by the bunny himself, Jongup. The four had been analysing the tape that they had recorded and worked through lunch. The rabbit was excused to go get some food for himself and the rest. 

"Guys, I have cake!" the youngest was majorly excited by the baked goods in his box. Yongguk retched at the stench of strawberries, almost as if he was allergic to anything sweet. Youngjae chuckled.

"Jongie, did you forget that Yongguk hates sweet things?"

Himchan looked slightly puzzled.

"Didn't Jieun used to bake cakes all the time?"

Yongguk nodded, still engrossed in a book. The Complete Works of William Shakespeare had never seemed to enticing until now. 

"Yeah, she used to visit her friend a lot and his younger brother used to love her cakes, so she baked a lot."

Ending the conversation there, the four began dicussing Zelo. Since then, all of the members had tried to pull words from the boy, but it seemed that he was only ever interested in Yongguk. He would not even lift his head for anyone else. Yongguk had started to develop a slight fear for the boy who seemed god-like in many aspects, especially since he seemed to be able to recognise anybodies actions. Seeing as Yongguk was the only one who hadn't let cake get the best side of his attention, the trio had managed to convince him to go back to Junhong's chamber. Even uneducated Himchan had begun to learn the ropes of the ways of a psychologist, occasionally thinking of ideas himself.

Yongguk found Junhong hunched over, drawing with his coloured pencils. The piece of paper had become a multicoloured mess of swiggles and incomprehensible nonsense though the boy seemed content. Yongguk greeted him friendily.

"Hyung, I'm not talking to you." the voice had lost it's childlike tone and seemed more mature than the last time. When Yongguk questioned him, he pointed at the noticeable bulge in his jacket pocket - the recorder. Yongguk smiled and placed the recorder on the table where the young one could see, making sure it was switched off. He'd even taken the batteries out.

Yongguk beat around the bush. "Junhong. You're...adopted mother. She died,"

"Really?"

Yongguk nodded.

"Well, that's a shame."

Yongguk raised his eyebrow in annoyance at the boy who did not show any signs of remorse, or any emotion as a matter of fact. "Choi Jun Hong! How can you say that?"

"People around me die all the time. Probably because of me. I'm used to it."

Yongguk's expression softened. "When has anyone ever died because of you?"

Junhong smiled his familiar smile at Yongguk, the very smile from last time. Yongguk's eyes opened wide as a tsunami of dejá vú washed over him. He opened his mouth to speak, but was cut off from that boy's silvery laugh.

"Hyung! Junhong wants to know when Noona is coming over!" Zelo bounced up and down from his seat.

"Which Noona would that be?"

"The noona who always brought Junhong cake!"

Yongguk gasped. "Zelo.." Junhong's eyes narrowed at Yongguk.