A Cry For Help

Project Zelo

The computer bleeped at Himchan. Yongguk was sat in a tub chair near the entrance with a novel which he could barely see through his glasses. He'd recently began to sport glasses since his headaches and migraines had started to give him problems with his vision. Crashing his car due to a lack of sight wasn't high on his list of things to do before he dies. The four had been quite relaxed on the Zelo front ever since Yongguk's experience a few days beforehand. An experience that neither Himchan and Yongguk had spoken about since. Himchan skidded across the floor on his wheeled chair to tend to the computer.

"I'm in!" He exclaimed, scrolling down the page with the mouse. He had been trying fervently for the last couple of days to get into the hospital's system and hack into their documents. It seemed like he had succeeded. The three chickens were crowded around the screen. Names upon names were laid out in the open along with the carriers that transported them. Until they got to the end. There was a blank space for the name, a blank space for their background information, just a date and time. And the name of the carrier. Jung Daehyun.

Instantly, Jongup reached for his phone and rang the hospital. He put the call on speaker.

"Hello, I'm the secretary for Dr. Bang Yong Guk. I'd like to speak to a member of staff who we had been in contact with a few days ago." Himchan lied flawlessly.

"Can we get the name?"

"Yes. Jung Daehyun."

"When did you last speak to him?"

Himchan stated the date and time of Zelo's arrival.

"Sir, we've never had a Mr. Jung work for us for a long time."

Himchan hung up. Both Youngjae and Jongup turned to Yongguk who was still engrossed in his book. Youngjae raised an eyebrow and snatched Yongguk's book from him.

"Pay attention."

Yongguk sighed. "It doesn't take a genius to figure this one out."

"Too bad we don't have a genius here."

Yongguk turned to Jongup and cocked his head. "What did you say?"

Jongup was wide eyed. "I didn't say anything, hyung." He said innocently.

"Yongguk is this our man or not? Do you not think he would use a fake name for himself so we don't find out who he is? Why didn't he give Zelo a name or a fake name so we wouldn't overlook this? I'm surprised there's an entry about him at all."

Himchan's questions only intensified Yongguk's headache.

"He's done it for a reason. Daehyun could have put in Zelo's name, but he didn't. He wants us to seek him out. For some reason, he can't tell us what happened. Or he wants to tell us in person. If we search for a missing person, where would we look? The hospitals documents. And we can't find what we are looking for, so we look for the only lead we have. Which leads us to Jung Daehyun." Yongguk groaned. "His methods bore me, though he must be good at hacking, if he managed to alter a legal document."

"You mean?"

"He never worked at the hospital."

"Should we contact the police for a search party."

"We don't even know if he's done anything. How hard can it be to find a Jung Daehyun?"

The four decided to search after lunch. On the way out, Youngjae asked Yongguk if he would like to get some food together. Yongguk declined, pinching his forehead. Youngjae hummed suspiciously but did not question his elder. Yongguk squinted at the new addition to his whiteboard of clues. "Jung Daehyun. What is your relationship with Zelo?"