A Name Is A Name

Project Zelo

"There's just two things I can't work out." Yongguk groaned, taking a sip from his beer. It had started to hit him quite quickly due to having an empty stomach. Yongguk hadn't eaten for about a week and it started to make a visual appearance on his body, his cheeks had become sallow and his body began to lose it's masculine definition. Himchan looked up from his bottle in question as he was passed the two pieces of paper, the envelope and the note.

"Yongguk, I thought you were supposed to be a genius?" Himchan laughed. Yongguk glared at him from the insult. Himchan grabbed a piece of paper from the stray pile and a pen that was attached to the paperwork in front of him. He wrote.

Bang Yong Guk.

"Yes, that's my name. What about it?"

He wrote again. Bang Yong Gook.

"Himchan, what is your point?"

He lined up the envelope and the note which had shown Choi Joon Hong and Choi Jun Hong. "They're the same." Yongguk wanted to slap himself when he realised. His lips retained the shape of an 'o' as he contemplated the new facts before him. Himchan giggled. "English wasn't ever your strong point, was it?"

"What was that woman to Zelo? I'll have to find out where she is and ask." Yongguk mumbled, thinking back to the woman that had just recently been discharged. As if on cue, Yongguk's handset started to ring. He answered Youngjae's call. 

"Yongguk, I just got a call from the hospital. There's a request from Dr. Park that you be there immediately. It sounded very urgent."

Yongguk met with Dr. Park who was sitting on a bench outside of the hospital, worry causing a defined wrinkle on his forehead to deepen. He waved to Yongguk and motioned for him to sit.

"Dr. Bang. I don't know if I should be saying this but I've just been dealing with a patient who used to be a resident in your institution. Recently moved away. Caucasian." Yongguk's eyes widened. The older doctor continued. "You see, she commited suicide."

The two words rang in Yongguk's brain. "Suicide?" He managed to choke out after several attempts.

"Mental health isn't something you can be sure of"

There's no tests to prove of disprove anything, you have to read the signs. It's easy to make a mistake.

"What drove her to commit suicide?"

"She took an overdose. It hadn't fully hit her by the time she was ceased, but the drugs she took were far too powerful and killed her. She was hallucinating. Quite violent images I might add." Yongguk nodded, a lump building up in his throat. "We could only conclude that she was indeed suffering from the final stage of Psychotic Depression. Poor thing, if only she could've pulled through."

Psychotic. ing. Depression.

Yongguk stayed frozen in place after the older doctor had left to continue his shift. "I wasn't looking hard enough. I didn't see. Everyday she dealt with it, no matter how hard it was. She wasn't healthy." Yongguk began to sob. "I've failed."

Suddenly his phone started to vibrate violently. He picked up his phone. He didn't recognise the number, but apparently it was already saved. Choi Jun Hong. He read the message. "Do you see why you shouldn't get close with anyone?"

Somehow quite a while later, Himchan spotted Yongguk on the bench. Yongguk felt another vibration. He checked again. The caller ID left him stunned. 'Zelo'. Relunctantly, he read the message. "Who's going to kick you off your high horse, Gukkie?" Himchan sat down beside him audibly, causing him to jump.

"Whatcha doin', hyung?"

"Nothing, just, trying to think of something to reply with?" He smiled, pointing at his phone. To get rid of the awkward silence, Yongguk proposed to getting some drinks for the two. Himchan watched Yongguk leave and noticed he had left his phone. Being the nosy dongsaeng he was, he unlocked it to find himself in Yongguk's message inbox. He noticed the big red 'INBOX EMPTY' on the screen.