Sedation

Project Zelo

Yongguk looked up at the boy who had him pinned to the cold concrete flooring. His face was expressionless. The mime-like teenager still did not make a sound as he tightened his grip around Yongguk's neck. The only sound in the room was the boy's hands tightening, sounding shockingly similar to a rope groaning under unwanted weight. It was truely a grotesque sound. The room felt like they had stepped into a vintage silent film. Blotches of black tainted Yongguk's vision.

"Yongguk!" Himchan shouted, his voice laboured in shock. He quickly ran out of the room. At the moment of abandonment, Yongguk quickly moved his hands from his sides, wrapping them around the tops of the small boy's skinny arms. As the boy flexed, not wanting to let go of his neck, Yongguk could feel every tendon moving in his malnourished limbs. He thought he heard a hiss escape the boy's trembling lips but it was sharply cut off by Himchan entering the room again with a nurse, followed by two large security guards.

"Another struggler, Dr. Bang?" The gruff security guard said half heartedly. The other guard chuckled deeply as they tore the boy from him. They looked like Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-dum.

"I've brought a sedative." The nurse informed Yongguk.

"Are you alright, hyung?" Himchan was shaking as he watched the nurse inject a sedative into the writhing boy that was pinned down by security. Yongguk smiled confidently as he got the exact reaction he was hoping for. Sitting up, he saw the groggy boy stare at him with intense loathing burning in his eyes. His eyes almost spoke to him with intelligence, showing the true nature he had kept hidden under his mask. Ignoring his companion, he shoved his hand into the pocket of his white coat and pulled out his phone. As if staged, it began ringing. He answered it, not even letting the caller greet him. He knew what was going to be said.

"Yes, Jieun. Sorry, I won't be coming home tonight. Something came up at work." Yongguk took his phone from his ear and hung up once he could hear a buzz of complaint from the other end.

"Man, she's gonna be pissed." Himchan sighed, knowing too well how Yongguk will be treat after this. The elder simply shugged it off.

"I'm at work saving lives. Or should I say preserving lives. Only they can save themselves" Yongguk looked on blankly to the unconscious boy now on the bed. Soon after, the workers had finished their duty.

The nurse and security guards had left the room causing Yongguk to jump at the opportunity that had arose. He peeled off the boy's sweat soaked hospital gown, marvelling at the sight.

"What are you doing?" Himchan demanded. He opened his mouth again but simply closed it. He looked a little like a fish. Yongguk continued to stare. He swallowed hard, not knowing how to assess the situation. Himchan also stared, dumbfounded.

"Well, what do we have here?" Yongguk said, borderline speechless at the sight. The boy's torso was not covered in cuts as such, but in painfully purple bruises. Though they were purple, there was an aspect of them which made them seem that they were not exactly freshly developed. Alongside the bruising, large red marks covered cm2 areas of skin. Looking again, he realised the skin was raised. They were scars. Trailing up to the boy's collarbone, the purple discolouration had ceased. It had been replaced, replaced with a stinging red mark swirling around the boy's neck. It looked surreal, as if it had been painted. But it hadn't. The shapes could be made out as fingers, connecting to a warped palm of some sick bastard's hand. "We have our Mona Lisa."