Hate Run

Happily Ever Never

He had no other choice but to leave. It's not that he didn't want Yunho, or the comfort his entire presence brought to his entire body. However, he knew he couldn't cause this much pain to the man he loved. The same feelings that he had felt during the first time were returning. It broke him. It was something he had to do though. Yunho had no reason to worry about a child that might not even be his.

 

He placed his head against the cool window of the bus. His body was still completely in pain. He was sure the hospital was still wondering about his own disappearance. He had no choice. Even as his infected wounds burned, he knew he couldn't turn around. He couldn't even return back to the places he knew. No one would take him back at this point.

 

He shut his eyes, making sure no tears would fall down his pale face. He didn't need anyone to notice him. He just needed to run away. He could only remember what the doctor had told him.

 

::Flashback::

 

He slowly awoke from his own dream. It was a dream of the past, when everything seemed to have been perfect. When nothing had gone wrong, and being with Yunho had been easy. He wished time would rewind, but instead it was going in fast forward. His vision slowly perfected, till he could see his doctor clear in front of him.

 

"Jaejoong! So you are awake. Do you feel okay, now?"

 

He remained still, for that moment he still didn't feel any pain except for the pain in his heart. The doctor sat down, gently looking over his clipboard.

 

"I know...you've been through a lot, but there is something that you need to know."

 

He closed his eyes for a moment, mentally preparing for what was to be said. He was scared that something truly irreversible happened.

 

"Kim Jaejoong. You are pregnant. I...I recommend you get to a pediatrician to see the health of the baby. You can discuss your options with the doctor as well."

 

He could only stare without words. The doctor's eyes cleanly showed pity. Even the soft tap on his arm was completely filled with pity. He shut his eyes tight, knowing he couldn't see Yunho again.

 

::End::

 

Now he was on his way to Busan. He had longed to see it for along time. He heard that the city was beautiful, the shoreline equaling any other in the world.  It would be easy to get lost in the city, to be part of the city and to hide easily.

 

He glanced down at his stomach. As much as he wanted to curse and scream at the living thing inside of him, he knew he never could. He could never take his frustration out on an innocent child. A child that needed him to survive. He just hoped that this time would be different. And maybe, just maybe...this baby could be Yunho's?

 

Would it matter? It couldn't matter. Not when he knew he could never see Yunho again.

 

How could he do this? To run away with nothing being settled. Nothing being fixed. He knew that Jaejoong was broken. Hurt. But why wouldn't Jaejoong let him fix everything. He was on his knees, staring at the place he had last seen Jaejoong. He couldn't have gotten far easily. Why did he have to wake up when he had been at home only for a change of clothes and some of Jaejoong's personal things.

 

Now he could only hold onto the bag as if it was his prized possession. Who says it wasn't?

 

"Hyung. You have to go after him! Quickly!" Changmin urged him. He shook his head, knowing that Jaejoong would be gone. For some reason, that kid knew how to hide. He knew how to avoid everything that was trying to find him.

 

"I can't Changmin. The only thing we can do is wait. Wait till he is ready to come back."

 

"How do you know he will?"

 

Yunho stood up, pausing for a second to stare at the empty hospital bed before turning around. He couldn't answer Changmin, because even he wasn't sure he would ever see Jaejoong again. He could only hope and wait. For some reason he had this strong faith that he would see his lover again.

 

He bowed his head as he walked out. It was time to become strong once again. If not for Jaejoong...then who else?

 

He needed to appear strong at least, or else he'd never be able to have the strength to lift himself up. He had to be strong for Changmin, Yoochun and especially Junsu.

 

"Hyung!" Yoochun stopped him, Junsu weakly standing beside him. He, only for an instant, looked over the two of them.

 

"Jaejoong...he's gone."

 

Junsu shook his head, his lips trembling.

 

"What? What do you mean?"

 

"He left Junsu."

 

"W-why? Go after him. Hyung! Yunho Hyung!"

 

Yunho shook his head, staring at the ground.

 

"We can't Junsu-ya. He...it's my fault that he..."

 

"It's not! It's not hyung! He would never blame you!"

 

Junsu's tears fell just as strong as his determination.

 

Yoochun had to bend down, slightly whispering to Junsu. It allowed Yunho to escape. Home was now his refugee, because for one night he would mourn the loss one more time. He drowned himself in alcohol as the memories of Jaejoong filled his mind.

 

Several Months Later-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

He forced a smile onto his face as he washed table after table. The work was so familiar, but having a larger stomach while he worked was not so familiar. He tried to be as happy as possible. It wasn't easy though. There wasn't a second that he forgot about Yunho or his friends. There wasn't a night he didn't dream of them. There was never a time he didn't miss them.

 

However, he was forced to stay where he was. Making little money while staying in a very tiny apartment. He made sure to have doctor check-ups regularly, but that didn't help him from forgetting whose baby he might be carrying.

 

He felt exhausted when he rested for break one afternoon. He ate slowly, not feeling very hungry at all as his child kept kicking him.

 

"Jaejoong! Have you heard the news?"

 

One of the younger girls who worked in the same restaurant smiled at him from the counter. He shook his head, not knowing what she could possibly be talking about.

 

"Dong Bang Shin Ki. They are having a concert in Busan in two days! Will you come with me?"

 

He felt the color drain from his face. No one had known that he was 'YoungWoong Jaejoong' they would only remark that he looked very similar to the former DBSK member. He dropped his head. He couldn't say no. For one, it would make him look suspicious. And second, he couldn't miss this chance to see Yunho. To see Junsu, Changmin and Yoochun. He couldn't let this chance slip.

 

 

 

Can't say too much about this chapter. I have to be up in 5 hours to go back to work (Yippee)

Hope your weekend/beginning of the week will be nice to you. I'll be spending it at work.

Much love!

ChoAnna~~

AKTF

Forever DBSK =]