Openning possibilities

Happily Ever Never

Jaejoong thought about what Yunho had told him. He had said that they were going on a date, which surprised Jaejoong. He had never taken anyone on a date and he had never been on a date with anyone. He had felt nervous and even wondered if what he was wearing was ok.

Now he felt a little upset. He had been pulled into a very large building, people walking quickly one way while others walking the other.

He felt so confused and scared in the large building. He felt as though it was somewhere he didn't belong. It reminded him too much of where his father had worked and where his father had wanted him to work. What confused him even more was that there were a lot of people who seemed to know Yunho.

Everyone they passed seemed to wave and smile at Yunho, while givig him awkward stares. What made it even worse was that Yunho had left him on a bench alone, telling him to wait for him. He felt as though he waited forever, a lot of people passing him and continuing to give him lots of weird stares.

He felt so strange until the point that he wanted to leave. He didn't like being stared at as if he was the devil. What had he done to anyone to deserve this?

"Jaejoong...shi?" An older man opened the door across from the Jaejoong, causing Jaejoong to stare at him.

How did this man know his name? He looked around, but no one else was around him at that moment.

"Are you Jaejoong?"

The man continued to question him. He nodded, not knowing what else to do in a situation like this. The man nodded at him, not seeming to enthusiastic about his appearance.

"Will you follow me, Jaejoong-shi?" Jaejoong hesitantly did as he was asked, but he wondered if Yunho would get scared because of him. He nervously followed the older man inside a room. He was surprised when the man suddenly turned towards him.

"Wait here."

The man said before walking off. Jaejoong took the chance to look around the room. It was very open, but small. The floor was wooden with a large mirror as a wall on one side. It was almost empty except for a small closet on the side that he walked in. He took a deep breath wondering where he was and why all of sudden he was being summoned.

"Jaejoong?"

He nearly jumped at the sound of his own name coming out of the speaker. He nodded his head, responding shyly.

"Is there a certain song that you like? A certain song that you would like to sing?" Jaejoong stayed silent as he felt confused. Why was he being asked to sing a song all of sudden? He had been the one to be summoned here? Why did they ask him to sing like this?

"Jaejoong?" His mind raced. Shouldn't he deny the request? However, something made him doubt his own thoughts. He felt as though he should try it. At least he should try this. He should do something for once that he wasn't used to.

"Jaejoong=shi...if you don't wish to sing...it's fine." "No!" Jaejoong coughed as he realized that he slightly overreacted. He took a deep breath to calm his nerves.

"Crying! I'll sing crying!"

There was a moment's pause before the music came on. He looked around the empty room, realizing that there must be people who are able to see him right now. Either behind the glass or through video..there was someway that people could see him. He took another nervous breath before starting the song. It had been one of his favorite songs since he could remember. It was a song that he had refound recently due to the music in the restaurant. Yunho's Halmoni played it often for him while he worked.

 

"Crying. Don't try to comfort

A pitiful person like me"

 

His voice was shaky at first, uncertain why he had eventually accepted the request. Why was he singing in front of people he couldn't even see? He just shut his eyes tightly and sang his feelings.

 

"Just let me go.

Yeah Don't wait for a miserable person Like me."

 

The words had meant so much to him recently, they had been words that he couldn't say outloud. He knew that he didn't deserve to have anyone around him. He would only cause pain in the future. He was a miserable person...that is why no one should care about him. No one should wait for him. He kept singing. Allowing the lyrics and the music fill him up until once again tears spilled out of his eyes. He took calming breaths after he had finished the song, but he knew that he wouldn't be able to stay much longer. This wasn't a place he should be, especially not to show his vulnerable side. So he ran. He ran out of the room and back in the direction in which he had come with Yunho. He didn't care who watched him. He only cared about running. He wanted to be back at the restaurant. It was the only place that allowed him to feel comfortable anymore.

"JAEJOONG!"

He ran faster, trying to beat whoever was running after him. He wanted to feel comfortable and not afraid.

"Jaejoong! Stop running!"

Arms wrapped around his waist, pulling him to a stop. He fought for a moment as he was being pushed backwards into an alleyway. He still fought as he tried to figure out who was now holding him so tightly.

"Jaejoong! It's me."

He calmed down when he felt soft lips against his, but then hit the man's chest with his fists. He felt angry and stressed because of him. "Jaejoong!" Yunho smiled in front of him.

"Congratulations! You made the audition. You did it Jaejoong!"

Yunho could only congratulate him. Jaejoong hit him roughly, pushing him away.

"Why did you do it? Who asked you to get me an audition? Who told you I wanted to sing?"

Jaejoong cried again as he stared at Yunho. He was actually very thankful. He was thankful for Yunho's thoughtfulness which gave him so much. He was worried though. He was worried that people would mistake Yunho's thoughtfulness and think of him weirdly. Jaejoong didn't want that. Jaejoong didn't want to see Yunho hurt or angry.

"Jaejoong...I...I'm sorry I just thought..." Jaejoong stepped forward, wrapping his arms around Yunho's waist and digging his face into the hard chest.

"Thank you. Thank you, Yunho shi."

He felt happy when he could feel Yunho's warm arms wrap around him again. He was so happy he could feel his sincerity.

"You are welcome." Yunho answered a bit uncertainly. However, he still lifted Jaejoong's head...connecting their lips for a moment.

"Come on! We were going to get dinner to celebrate!" Dinner was very loud. Junsu and Changmin were bickering by the time Yunho and Jaejoong even made an appearance. Yoochun was just laughing on the side, not even worrying about their fighting. Their second introduction was much less formal and more open. Yoochun was too happy as Junsu began to open up to their new team member. Jaejoong even managed to laugh a few times at the way Junsu and Changmin bickered after the initial shock of it. He was also able to talk to Yoochun easily too, feeling as though they were able to connect in a few ways. He quickly learned that Yoochun had grown up in the United States and had been recruited there. Lastly, he was able to smiled and feel better as Yunho whispered things into his ear.

Sometimes Yunho would compliment him and other times he would make fun of the others jokingly. He felt too happy to be accepted by new friends, that he let Yunho lead him wherever without notice. He walked close to Yunho, and although they didn't talk a lot, he didn't feel any awkwardness. He could only feel the happiness as Yunho held his hand tightly, leading him this way and then that until finally they stopped. Jaejoong took a moment to look around. He didn't recognize the place at all, he could only narrow his eyes at Yunho. It was hard to see him in the dark, but he could see that Yunho was smiling.

"Yunho-shi? Where are we?"

"Jaejoong-ah, shouldn't we get rid of formalities by now? I haven't called you formally in a while now." Yunho teased as he tightened his hold on Jaejoong's hand.

"Yun...ho? Where are we?" He waited impatiently as Yunho stared down at him, still smiling. "We...are in front of my apartment."