This Moment

Happily Ever Never

"Halmoni!" Yunho shot to his feet and quickly went to help his grandmother into the room. He was smiling widely with the surprise that she had given him.

 

Jaejoong stared in surprise when the Halmoni threw her grandson's hand off of hers. He lowered his head, only expecting the worse.

 

"What do you think you are doing?"

 

Yunho stared at his halmoni quietly while Jaejoong nervously shifted his weight from one leg to the other.

 

"How can you! How? Did you not expect me to find out!?"

 

Yunho was about to speak up before catching himself. He glanced at Jaejoong before quickly going to him, taking his hand.

 

"Halmoni! You know how I feel about Jaejoong! I've told you since the beginning!"

 

Jaejoong looked up, his eyes wide as he stared from Yunho and then at the Halmoni. He was speechless when the Halmoni grinned at him.

 

"Yes, Jaejoong...I have known. How else was Yunho going to get you to go out with him, uh?"

 

Jaejoong pouted slightly, realizing he had been tricked.

 

"Joongie! Don't do that, you are too cute if you pout!" Yunho smiled, causing Jaejoong to smack him playfully.

 

"Yah! No more flirting! We have work to do..."

 

Halmoni quickly left the apartment where everyone quickly followed her except for Jaejoong. He had to be carried by Yunho.

 

They worked all day at the restaurant, except for Jaejoong who was told to relax. He slept for several hours until Yunho went upstairs and laid beside him. He till he woke up, kissing him as a present for waking up.

 

"Jaejoong-ah! Let's eat dinner." Yunho winked at him before carrying him downstairs. They just sat down to eat when the restaurant door flew open. Everyone turned around to see who was coming in.

 

"HyunJoong?" Jaejoong whispered the name, causing Yunho to tense.

 

Halmoni stood up, focusing a finger on the man who was soaked from the pouring rain.

 

"Sorry, young man. The restaurant is closed for the night."

 

HyunJoong didn't pay attention, but rather dropped to his knees in front of Jaejoong.

 

"Jaejoong-ah? Why? Why did you run away from home? Didn't you know that I worked so hard to come back for you? Why?"

 

HyunJoong grabbed onto him tightly, refusing to let go no matter how loud Jaejoong complained of the pain.

 

"Let go!" Yunho pushed the man backwards, away from his Jaejoong. He glanced at Jaejoong, making sure he was ok.

 

"Don't touch him! He won't go back to that devilish place! Leave!" Yunho yelled before turning away so that he could comfort the shocked Jaejoong.

 

"I will make sure you go back, Jaejoong. I will definitely make sure!"

 

HyunJoong ran out of the restaurant without another word.

 

"Yunho."

 

Jaejoong was shaking with fear. The thought of returning to the place that had hurt him so much...he never wanted to think of that.

 

"It's okay, Jaejoong. I won't ever let you go back there. Not ever!"

 

Yunho held him, till he was comforted enough to go home.