Letting Go

Happily Ever Never

He stood flat against a wall, trying to catch his breath after their cat and mouse game. They had made it into an alleyway and then quickly flatened themselves against the building to lose their chasers. He glanced over at Jaejoong who was breathing just as hard as he was. Yunho never expected him to be able to run like that. He was actually pretty hard to keep up with, a lot stronger than he looked.

 

"I'm sorry." Jaejoong breathed, staring at the ground. Yunho had no choice but to turn his head towards him.

 

"For what?" Yunho asked seriously. He hated to hear the word from Jaejoong's mouth. He never needed to say sorry. He had been wronged way too many times to be the one to say sorry. Why did he still feel the need to say the word?

 

"You did nothing wrong." Yunho added, causing Jaejoong to look up. He looked uncertain for an instant before his eyes readjusted to the ground.

 

"I don't mean to get you involved with this." His voice was low but steady as he took a few small steps away from the building.

 

Yunho took a few steps away from the building, gently grabbing Jaejoong's hand and pulled him along. He knew this area well, as he had grown up not far from here. He just wanted Jaejoong to relax around him. He didn't want to be formal to him. He didn't want to see the shy, reserved side. He wanted to see the side that had shown only slightly at the Karaoke place.

 

"Sit down." Yunho ordered, smiling lightly. Jaejoong stared at the swingset a bit surprised. "I'll push you."

 

Yunho waited as Jaejoong followed orders. He felt happy when Jaejoong listened to him and he began to push him gently.

 

"Jaejoong, you have allowed me to know about your past. I want to be a good friend to you. I'm going to protect you from now on."

 

Jaejoong stayed silent and rigid. Never, not once, had he been told that he would be protected. He was just hoping for so much more, something that he could never ask for.

 

"Let's go home, Jaejoong. It's late."

 

Yunho stopped pushing him, but instead moved around to the front and started walking without him. He stared at his back, wondering if he had made him mad. He didn't know how to respond to what Yunho said. He always felt so nervous and unsure about how he felt, that he didn't want to do anything that would ruin his new friendship.

 

He stood up, hurrying to catch up to Yunho's slow pace. They walked all the way back to the restaurant in silence. He felt the need to say something, but he didn't know what. He wasn't good in these kind of awkward situations. The only thing he could do was follow Yunho into the dark store front.

 

He stopped walking as the room was now completely dark, and he didn't like it. He had never liked the dark. Not that he was scared of the dark, it just reminded him of how lonely he was and how truly dark his life was.

 

"Jaejoong."

 

He nearly shrieked when he felt two arms grab him. He could at least feel his heart beating fast even though he knew it was only Yunho. He could tell by his voice.

 

"Sorry if I scared you. I...I just can't take it anymore. You are so quiet. I've never met anyone as quiet as you before."

 

Jaejoong breathed outward, wanting to calm down. His mind was confusing him as he tried to think of what he could say.

 

"You are driving me crazy. You...I've never known a man could be so beautiful in everything that he does. The way you bus tables, the way you smile...it affects me so much. Everything you do affects me. I don't understand. I don't know what this means."

 

Jaejoong opened his mouth but then shut it. He was staring into the darkness, not even able to tell where Yunho's face was. He wanted to respond, he really did, but there was so much that was holding him back. So much that was stopping him.

 

"Jaejoong..."

 

Yunho's voice was breathless, pleading.

 

The only thing Jaejoong could do was reach out. He was surprised when he found skin, expecting only air. He moved his hand to feel his face. Unfortunately, it was the only way he could respond. His soft touches.

 

"You drive me insane." Yunho whispered, just before crushing their bodies together. Jaejoong fell backwards into a table, causing so much noise, but Yunho was there to catch him.

 

"Yunho." Jaejoong whispered his name, only driving him further. He was surprised to feel Yunho's lips against his. His eyes widened as he froze. He had never experienced a kiss before. His kiss was soft and yet so demanding. It was amazing and harsh, but that didn't make him forget that Yunho was now tearing at his clothes.

 

He pushed Yunho away from him, breathing heavily.

 

"Please...stop."