Hypnotized

Happily Ever Never

It was like being stunned. Seeing his smile and the happiness light up in his eyes. Knowing that he had done something to get this reaction. All of it. It was like being stunned. To know that he was happy. It was all he could think about as he was hypnotized with the way the man wondered clumsily around the busy restaurant.

 

His hair was pulled back, revealing his forehead and his clear face as he worked in his new clothes. As soon as he had been caught by the one sweater, Yunho knew. He knew Jaejoong's style in an instant. The laid back, but stylish feel fit him. Fit his personality and softness. It was perfect. He smiled lightly when Jaejoong clumsily backed into another table. For some reason he liked to see this side of Jaejoong. His clumsy side that revealed so much about his shy personality.

 

"Cute, isn't he?"

 

"Yea...wait, what?"

 

Yunho looked around, surprised to find that his grandma was staring at Jaejoong as well. His grandmother glanced towards him tenderly before looking back at Jaejoong.

 

"He's cute." Halmoni repeated, watching as Jaejoong washed another table. He had been at it for hours.

 

"When he came into the shop, I knew he was someone that we had to protect and help. He seemed so carefree when he asked to work, but something had changed. He was willing to work, but there was a protective shell around him. Something that we couldn't see. It was something that I wanted to protect. I don't want him to know danger or hardship. He is too cute for that."

 

Halmoni smiled before looking back at Yunho.

 

"Do you know?"

 

He couldn't help but to wonder if his grandmother somehow knew about Jaejoong. Knew that he had run away from a very well known, prestigious family. Did she see the wanted adds? Did she have the same thoughts as he did?

 

"I know, and I will choose to protect him. There is a reason he left and there is a reason why he doesn't want to go back." She explained shortly before patting him on the shoulder and going back to her small office. Yunho returned his attention to Jaejoong who once again seemed to knock into another table. He knew it was tough to bus tables. It wasn't fun. However, it was worse to see Jaejoong suffer because of the heavy weight he had to carry around.

 

Yunho grabbed one of the empty buckets before going over to Jaejoong as he washed a table. Without a word, he placed the empty bucket on the table and took the heavier one into the back where they could be washed. From now one, he felt as though it was his duty to make Jaejoong happy. He wanted to see the smiling, shy Jaejoong more often. He didn't want to see the Jaejoong with his walls up. He wanted to get to know Jaejoong more.

 

He spent his entire Sunday watching Jaejoong as he worked, switching the buckets out for him or helping him wash some of the tables when he needed. He did what he could and in the end he was happy too. Happy to share the day in the same way that Jaejoong was spending it. Even if Junsu, Yoochun and Changmin all stared at him as if he was crazy.

 

He hadn't worked in the shop in years, but something inspired him to help out when he watched Jaejoong. His grandmother seemed to appreciate the help too since it seemed to be really busy. They all appreciated the meal after the long day as well.

 

The weeks to come weren't as easy. Yunho was usually busy with training or school or some kind of event that he had to attend. He only got to see glimpses of Jaejoong working when he walked by. Or if he was lucky enough to stop in, Jaejoong was usually too busy to even notice him. Yunho could only watch him from a distance as he seemed to still be quiet and insecure with his surroundings. However, he slowly began to get better at his job. He got used to the tables, and didn't bump into them as much. He was quicker on his feet and could even serve some of the dishes every once in a while.

 

What really surprised Yunho was when a line outside of the restaurant started to form. Usually young girls, probably not out of Junior High or High School, would be pointing and giggling at Jaejoong as he worked. He wondered why they would line up like that, why they would stare at Jaejoong when it seemed as if they hadn't ever been around the store before.

 

He was happy when finally the Friday before Christmas, Yunho was able to take a break. Except the only thing he wanted to do was to visit his grandma and Jaejoong. Okay, mostly he just wanted to visit Jaejoong. He just couldn't stay away from the interesting kid. He even forgot that sometimes he wasn't the hyung, but rather Jaejoong was.

 

"Yunho! Are you hungry?" Halmoni put out a plate immediately that allowed Yunho to sit down across from Jaejoong who had looked up. Sadly enough, it caused noodles to drip down his chin. It was good to see that his clumsiness hadn't completely left his body.

 

"A little bit, halmoni." Yunho responded with a smile and began eating much slower than Jaejoong was.

 

"What are your plans for tonight, Yunho?" Halmoni asked as she sat down with us. Yunho placed his chop sticks down and glanced at her.

 

"Yoochun, Junsu and Changmin would like to go to karaoke tonight. I'll probably go for a little bit." Yunho explained as he watched Jaejoong eat without looking up. He wondered if Jaejoong was hungry? He laughed silently to himself.

 

"Why don't you take Jaejoong? I think he needs to get out for a night? You would love to go, wouldn't you Jaejoong?"

 

Jaejoong looked up again, noodles stuck to his face. Yunho stared at him, quite shocked as the boy quickly wiped his face before looking at him again.

 

"Of course! You are welcome to come with us, Jaejoong!"

 

 

 

Ahhh! Second one of the day *proud*

Tomorrow might be super busy as well as the rest of the week.

I'll try to get at least several up for all my lovely readers!

Have a good week! =)