Pinched

Happily Ever Never

Jaejoong felt really uncomfortable when he walked downstairs in his suit...it was the only clothing he own as of now. He had no other choice but to face everyone in this way. He bowed his head, not daring to meet halmoni or Yunho's eyes. Instead he fiddeled with his fingers, unsure of what he should do.

 

"Jaejoong, are you ready?" Halmoni spoke loudly, but in a loving way. Jaejoong could only give a small nod, without looking up. He was pushed out of the store with Yunho. They had no choice but to walk next to each other.

 

"What type of style do you like, Jaejoong?" Yunho asked to break the awkward silence. Jaejoong made sure he didn't look at him. He was still somewhat unsure about this. He rather just work all day.

 

"I...I don't know. I usually just wear this."

 

He felt almost stupid. He didn't know what his style was like anymore. He hadn't had a clue. The only thing he had been able to own the past four years was a suit.

 

"Don't worry. I will definitely find your style." Yunho replied confidently. Jaejoong glanced up a little unsure, but Yunho just smiled at him.

 

"Let's go in here first."

 

Yunho pointed at one of the stores and quickly led the way inside. It was full of clothing that Jaejoong had never seen before. A style that was new and intriguing to him. Yunho smiled pointing at a shirt that caught his eye. Jaejoong shook his head, knowing that he would never be able to wear the long, zebra striped shirt.

 

What did catch his eye was a v-neck, long sleeve shirt. He picked the hanger up, wondering if the shirt would fit him. He was surprised when the shirt was snatched out of his hand and held up to him. He stared at Yunho, who was now considering the t-shirt.

 

"It's perfect. I like it. I think I know what your style is."

 

Yunho smiled, before taking the t-shirt and waving at Jaejoong to follow him. He had no choice but to follow him.

 

Yunho continued to test the clothing against him, thinking about the situation himself and wouldn't ask for an opinion. There were some choices that Jaejoong liked, and some that he didn't. In the end, he had to try every single t-shirt and pair of jeans on. Yunho would ask for his opinion now, but he felt too shy and embarrassed to give him a truthful answer.

 

Yunho ended up on carrying every single thing, along with a few hoodies, hats and other accessories. Jaejoong tried to stop him several times, but Yunho refused to give up on any of the clothing. He could only pout as he watched the employee bag his new clothes. Yunho just smiled widely at him.

 

"Are you hungry?"

 

Yunho asked loudly as soon as they were back outside, in the midst of society. Jaejoong looked back in the direction of the cafe. It was almost noon and Halmoni would need him back by then.

 

"No." Jaejoong answered even though his stomach was rolling. Yunho grabbed his arm, pulling him closer. He was a bit surprised when Yunho pulled him closer. He was pulled all the way into a restaurant and forced to sit. He pouted again as Yunho left to go get food for the both of them. He was daydreaming a bit when Yunho came back, staring at him.

 

"Jaejoong? Is this you?"

 

Yunho held up a newspaper. On the front page was his face. It also said that there would be a reward for whoever found him. Jaejoong dropped his gaze to the table. He didn't want to admit that he was those people's son. He had wanted to forget and to be free, but in the end it was still the truth. He couldn't escape it.

 

"Jaejoong?"

 

"Yes...It's true."

 

There was a pause. Jaejoong hated the pause. He was scared that Yunho would turn him in for the reward. He was scared to return to the burdensome life. No. It wasn't a life. It was just an endless routine.

 

"Please! I'll do anything! Please don't turn me in!" He was surprised to feel the tears drop. He had never cried in front of anyone before. He quickly wiped his eyes to hide the tears, but they wouldn't stop.

 

"Jaejoong."

 

He closed his eyes and was scared of the answer. Who in their right mind wouldn't take the money? Who would let it slip through their hands in this world today?

 

"Jaejoong. I won't turn you in."

 

He slowly raised his eyes to meet Yunho's serious ones. He felt a glimmer of hope.

 

"I won't turn you in. If you don't want to go back. You don't have to. You don't have to go anywhere."

 

Yunho's lips curved in a smile. Jaejoong felt his heart pound. He actually wanted to give the man a hug. He was sure that Yunho was going to send him back to the hell hole. He was sure that he was going to suffer a lot.

 

"Thank you!" Jaejoong breathed out relief. Yunho shook his head, and sat down.

 

"Will you tell me one day? Why you left? You don't have to do it now. I'm just curious."

 

Jaejoong hesitated, unsure if it was the right thing to do. He was unsure if he should tell anyone his problems, his heartache and pain. He felt as though he should just keep it to himself.

 

"I...I'll try."

 

Yunho nodded, seeming to accept his answer just as their food arrived.

 

 

 

 

So I'm really sorry that I haven't updated in a while. It has been a long, stressful week. But I promise I'll try  my best to update more!

Thank you for reading, and I hope that you will all comment!

Have a good night/morning everyone!