Want and Need

Happily Ever Never

He woke up groggy and his head spun in a way he never thought would be possible. He could barely concentrate, his head constantly falling as he felt how heavy it could be. How heavy it felt to hold it up, and how heavy his eyelids felt. He was able to tell that he was no longer in the radio studio and he most definitely wasn't in his own apartment.

 

"Finally woke up." Whoever spoke, he was unable to see. He couldn't focus with the way his head felt. It felt too heavy. Too painful. It was worse when he remembered what had happened. He could only remember Junsu on the ground. He shook his head, causing it to be even more painful.

 

"I wouldn't move to quickly if I were you. The drug is just beginning to wear off now."

 

Finally, whoever was talking moved around to face him. He searched his face, but nothing about the man was familiar. He felt confused, wondering if he was filling in for someone else who was really behind this entire scene.

 

"Trying to figure out who I am? Don't worry. We've never met before."

 

He could only furrow his eyebrows at the words the unfamiliar man spoke. If they had never met before, and no one else was behind this attack, why did he attack him at all in the first place? Why was he important?

 

"You're probably thinking why I have done this when I don't even know you, right?"

 

Jaejoong nodded, responding to the man for the first time. The man seemed to smile at the accomplishment.

 

"I've heard about how pretty you were by many people. I never believed it until now. You really are flawless, Kim Jaejoong."

 

He looked away. The word pretty disgusted him, even Yunho never used it on him...or at least not in a way that made him cringe at the words. He glanced back at the man when he started talking again.

 

"I worked with your father for many, many years. He took a lot from me, promised a lot of things that he couldn't give. He destroyed my life, Jaejoong."

 

Jaejoong looked away again at the words. His father hadn't ruined one life, but many. He shivered at the thought of how many people his father destroyed.

 

"I'm going to destroy him in return."

 

Jaejoong bit the inside of his lip for an instant.

 

"He's in jail."

 

"I know he is. So, I might as well go to the next best thing."

 

The man's eyes shined on him, the creepy and uneven smile forcing itself upon the man's face.

 

"Why? What have I done?"

 

"You haven't done anything, of course. However, there is only one thing I'm focused on. If I can't ruin your father then I might as well ruin you. I might as well ruin your life."

 

"I don't have anything to be ruined. My father ruined it all too."

 

The man held his stare for a second before shaking his head.

 

"You can't fool me so easily. I know very well what you have." The man turned his head, pointing out a certain part of the dark room.

 

Jaejoong squinted, until he found an outline of a body, chained to the wall.

 

'Junsu,'

 

He felt his heart race, realizing that his friend was slumped against the chains, unconscious.

 

"Please. I'll give you everything I can. Just...don't hurt him. Please..."

 

The man stared at him again, before shrugging.

 

"We'll see if you have any real power. If you can really do anything...we will see..."