Horro[R]

Happily Ever Never

He jolted awake, biting down a scream of pain. However, somewhere else, another scream pierced the thick and dirty air. It took him a moment to shake the sleepiness from his eyes. He looked immediately towards Junsu, surprised to find several men surrounding him. He shook his head, but no one was paying any attention to him. He could barely glimpse Junsu at all through the mass of men. He could only hear his screams.

 

"Junsu." His voice was desperate, but no one heard him. He barely had the strength to speak. 'Don't hurt him! Please! Don't hurt him.'

 

"His is divine." One of the men said loudly, laughing as he did. Jaejoong could barely hear another scream tear from, he assumed, Junsu. He shook his head leaning against the chains. He couldn't even scream as the metal cut further into his wrists. He just wanted to be released. He didn't want Junsu to be hurt. His innocent friend didn't deserve this.

 

He locked his eyes on Junsu as soon as one of the men moved, the man that had been blocking his view. His eyes widened when he saw that Junsu was completely ...almost. His tattered shirt was clinging weakly to Junsu's poor body. Bruises and blood covered the frail skin, forcing Jaejoong to scream out in regret. He was sure that he caught at least a few people's attention.

 

"Ignore him, the boss will kill us if we touch that one." One of the men said loudly. Jaejoong shook his head, tears falling helplessly from his eyes. He hated himself. His body only knew how to cry, he didn't know how to do anything helpful.

 

"Please! Please take me instead! Don't touch him. Please...don't hurt him."

 

He begged with the very little energy he had. He could see Junsu look back at him, clearly exhausted from fear and pain. He shook his head at his friend, tears still pouring down. He was sure that something was wrong with Junsu. He had been sleeping to much, and even now he looked sick, pale and weak. This wasn't the Junsu that he had known.

 

"You'd really give up yourself. To protect your friend?"

 

From somewhere up high, a voice came rolling down. As much as he tried to look at who was speaking he couldn't find the person. He did notice that the men who had been surrounding Junsu were suddenly moving away. It forced Jaejoong to believe that it was their boss. He took in a deep, unsteady breath...coughing at the dust that he had no choice but to intake as well.

 

He wanted to spit at the man who walked right in front of him. The same man who had brought him here. The same man holding him captive, forcing him to take so much pain because of a father who never cared about him. The same man who was punishing one of his best friends...one of his only friends.

 

"You would do that?"

 

The man asked again. He didn't want to answer, but more than that...he didn't want Junsu to be hurt anymore.

 

"I would do it a million times over, if I could. If I could protect my friends, I would do anything for them." Jaejoong lowered his head, suddenly feeling tired and weak. This talking was wearing him out, knowing that there was nothing he could do anymore to protect Junsu from the pain he already endured.

 

He was surprised when the man turned towards his 'followers' or 'henchman'...Something was said that he couldn't hear, but he was surprised when Junsu was released from his chains and dressed in front of him. He tried to sit up straighter, ignoring the pain in his back.

 

"Don't you dare touch him either. Just do as I have said."

 

Junsu was then carried towards the causing a huge alarm. Jaejoong shook his head, locking eyes with Junsu.

 

"Please! Please don't! JUNSU!" Jaejoong screamed, crying once again. Junsu looked back, his terrified eyes speaking of everything he had wanted to say.

 

Junsu was gone.

 

He cried pitifully, resting his head against the dirt floor.

 

"You look sad, Jaejoong."

 

He was surprised when his arms fell to the dirt floor, no longer being locked to the wall. He was too weak to pull himself up. He could feel the soreness in his shoulders, back and arms. Everything was weakened by the amount of time he had been left a prisoner to chains. And he thought he had gotten used to being chained.

 

He gasped when the chains around his hands were moved, his wounds met the dirty air causing them to sting. He curled up, trying to prevent any more pain to his body. He screamed when the man grabbed his injured wrists and pulled him up and dragged him down a long hallway.

 

"You said you would take his spot, Jaejoong. I hope you weren't lying."

 

The man pushed him inside a small room, just barely big enough for the bed that caused him to trip backwards. He weakly pushed himself up, moving as far away from the man as possible. He could only watch as the man began to pull on his tie, and his shirt.

 

 

He already knew that Yoochun would never forgive him. For not being able to protect Junsu. Yoochun could never forgive him, how could he expect to be forgiven from anyone?

 

"You look sad, Jaejoong."

 

He was surprised when his arms fell to the dirt floor, no longer being locked to the wall. He was too weak to pull himself up. He could feel the soreness in his shoulders, back and arms. Everything was weakened by the amount of time he had been left a prisoner to chains. And he thought he had gotten used to being chained.

 

He gasped when the chains around his hands were moved, his wounds met the dirty air causing them to sting. He curled up, trying to prevent any more pain to his body. He screamed when the man grabbed his injured wrists and pulled him up and dragged him down a long hallway.

 

"You said you would take his spot, Jaejoong. I hope you weren't lying."

 

The man pushed him inside a small room, just barely big enough for the bed that caused him to trip backwards. He weakly pushed himself up, moving as far away from the man as possible. He could only watch as the man began to pull on his tie, and his shirt. He was beginning to realize what he had gotten himself into he felt even weaker than before, knowing he didn't have any energy to protect himself. He closed his eyes tightly only hoping that Yunho would find him.

 

He wanted to scream when he felt the bed sink in, and the same disgusting hand on his arms. He tried to push him away and tried to run away, but it was useless. He was pinned down onto the bed, the hot and disgusting breath landing on his face.

 

"I can't have you trying to run every two seconds."

 

Jaejoong screamed in pain when chains were placed around his wrists once more, this time it was much tighter than before.

 

 

He growled, feeling angrier and angrier as he stared at the man across from him. It was taking all of his energy not to attack the man once again. He had already gotten a good shot at him earlier, but it wasn't enough. The man deserved a lot more.

 

"Hyung, let's just listen. Just once, ok?" For once Changmin was thinking more logically than he was. He breathed out deeply, huffing at the fact that his maknae wouldn't allow him to just beat the out of the guy.

 

"Thank you, Changmin." HyunJoong said before replacing an ice pack against his bloody lip. For Yunho, that was something to smile about...even if his hand was cut up and in pain now as well.

 

"Just get on with it." Changmin said, sitting against the arm of the couch Yunho was sitting on.

 

"I...I heard the news. About Junsu and Jaejoong." His eyes lowered to the ground. Yunho wanted to stand up, but Changmin quickly held him down. "I...I'm really sorry, but I thought there was some things you needed to know about me."

 

There was silence for a moment as HyunJoong looked between Changmin and Yunho.

 

"When I was younger, my father was in the police department. Growing up, I wanted to be just like my father. I trained and trained, wanting to become the police chief. That allowed me to get close to a lot of the government officials and that is how I met Jaejoong." HyunJoong smiled, the memories obviously crossing his mind.

 

"He was really cute when we first met. He was really naive and he liked to play by himself. After meeting a few times, we were able to get close and soon enough years had gone by. I knew I was in love with him, but with someone like Jaejoong who was oblivious...it was hard to stay near him or to focus on anything but him."

 

"What does this have to do with anything?" Changmin asked, his voice raising. He was sure he was trying to get a rise out of Yunho, unfortunately it was working.

 

"There is a reason I am telling you this. Hold on. I went to the States, without telling Jaejoong or really anyone for that matter. I wanted to become someone who could be qualified to become a police officer. It nearly killed me...remembering how much I missed him. As soon as I came back, I looked for Jaejoong. They said that he was gone though. That he was somewhere where no one could find him. I was miserable, knowing Jaejoong was lost in Seoul. He was never one to travel Seoul before. He never dared to leave school or his house. It frustrated me beyond my own limit and drove me crazy. That's why when I met him for the first time after I came back...I lost my self control. I wanted to do everything to get him back, to bring him back to me. I succumbed to what his father wanted. I even...I even tortured Jaejoong so he could fall in love with me. He only thought of...of you though."

 

His eyes met Yunho's, showing a smile. Yunho relaxed slightly, relieved that Jaejoong had thought of him at that time.

 

"After Jaejoong had been taken away in an ambulance...I realized what I had done. How much pain I had caused. I was scared of the person that I had become, so I returned to the US. I hoped that I could forget about my feelings about Jaejoong. It took months and I even had to go to therapy. It wasn't till I...until I met someone else that Jaejoong finally seemed to fade from being my only thoughts. Soon enough my only thoughts of him came when I regretted everything that I had done."

 

"I came back to Korea to apologize, but I think he misunderstood. No, I know he misunderstood. Anyway, that is why I came here today. I wanted to at least explain to you about my actions...and if I could help with anything..."

 

There was silence as Yunho thought about everything HyunJoong had said. He sighed, closing his eyes. He was exhausted. From all these mixed feelings and understandings. All he wanted was Jaejoong. He needed to have him back to feel comforted and to feel right.

 

"Junsu!" The scream was loud, and heard from the third floor of the new apartment. They had moved, forced by the company in case there were to be any attacks on their house.

 

There was a large crash and then loud footsteps coming down the steps. Yunho stood up when Yoochun came into view, the dark rings under his eyes just as obvious as his own. He wanted to stop Yoochun, wondering if he had gone crazy. Yoochun was out the door in a second though. Yunho followed him out along with Changmin to see that Yoochun hovered over something.

 

"Hyung, it's Junsu!"

 

Changmin cried, running forward to help Yoochun with Junsu. HyunJoong also went to help as Yunho was left to stare at the ragged body. He shook his head, holding the tears back as Yoochun and Changmin passed him.

 

Junsu was unconscious as he was placed on the couch. Yunho could only stare from a distance, watching the younger members, quickly take care of Junsu. The bruises and injuries were minor but they obviously took a lot of the frail male.

 

"Call a doctor!" Yoochun yelped at one of the managers, who quickly did as he was told.

 

Yunho snapped out of his daze, walking closer to Junsu. He dropped to his knees beside the couch, his head resting gently against Junsu's stomach as he cried. There was so much pain. The pain of seeing Junsu hurt like this, and knowing that Jaejoong was still out there. Jaejoong was still being tortured.

 

"Hyung! Hyung, you can't do this!" Changmin yelled, his arms wrapping around Yunho and pulling him from the couch. He didn't have any energy though. All the pain he felt and that melted into his heart forced him into exhaustion.