Addition

Happily Ever Never

Yunho bowed his head as he waited for Junsu and his mother to return. He closed his eyes for a moment, wondering what he should do. He knew he owed a lot to Jaejoong and he had no idea how he could start apologizing. Jaejoong, who was on their bed, held onto his shirt while sobbing. He seemed to be refusing to acknowledge Yunho's presence at all.

 


“Yun...Yunnie.” He was surprised to hear his lover's weak sob. He quickly put an arm over him and kissed his cheek to let him know that he was right there. He was beside him and he would never leave. However, he wasn't prepared for the scream of agony that left Jaejoong's lips.

 

“I...I don't think I'm ready.” Jaejoong continued to mumble through his sobs. His tears began to fall quickly and the hold on Yunho's shirt became tighter. “It's too early!”

 

Yunho sat up quickly, feeling confused about what Jaejoong was saying. He leaned over his lover again, this time finding that Jaejoong looked as if he was in pain.

 

“What do you mean Jaejoong?”

 

Jaejoong didn't or possibly couldn't answer him. Instead, Yunho's mother rushed into the room. She was already on the phone, speaking quickly.

 

“We are coming right now! Just be ready!” Mrs. Jung screamed into the phone just before hanging up. She began to pull out Jaejoong's clothes and some of his other items before pulling all of it into a large bag.

 

“Omma...What are you doing? Jaejoong...”

 

“What are you waiting for?!? Get Jaejoong into the car now!” His mother yelled at him instantly. He got up quickly, but that didn't stop his mother from yelling at him. “If we wait any longer he will be in trouble!”

 

Yunho didn't hesitate any further to gently lift Jaejoong out of their bed and carry him to the car. It was slowly dawning on him what was happening. The realization made him rush the rest of the way to the hospital where Jaejoong was quickly prepared for an emergency c-section.

 

Yunho was quickly prepared as well by some of the nurses before he was led into the hospital room. Jaejoong was in hysterics and still crying. However, he wasn't afraid to cling onto Yunho. Nothing was said by Jaejoong except for some words that weren't understandable through his crying.

 

Yunho thought everything was going well until some of the machines began to beep incessantly. Jaejoong's sobbing also began to fade and his eyes closed tiredly. Yunho held Jaejoong's hand tightly, calling to his lover as he hoped for some kind of response.

 

“Yunho-shi.” One of the nurses came over to him, trying to lead him out of the room first. He refused to leave Jaejoong's side. Even though the nurse reassured him that the Jaejoong and the baby were fine, he couldn't leave. Not while Jaejoong was laying unconsciously and he had yet to see his baby. It was only a moment later when he heard the weak cries of Jaejoong and his baby.

 

Yunho watched from a distance as his son was taken care of, but was frightened when Jaejoong was quickly moved into a critical condition unit of the hospital. His son was also put on a ventilator in his own personal nursery.

 

He was having a physical breakdown as he was unable to enjoy the moment of his son's birth with Jaejoong or his family. Instead, he was kicked out into the waiting room where the rest of his family and friends had been waiting for him.

 

He faced them with a weak heart and he didn't have the energy to speak to them.

 

“The baby? Yunho...and Jaejoong?” His mother kept pestering him, but he could only feel his world crumbling around him. He didn't know why he felt this way when he knew that Jaejoong and his baby would be strong and eventually healthy.

 

“Mrs. Jung! They're fine, please don't worry too much. We need to observe your grandson for a few hours to make sure the early birth hasn't effected his health. Jaejoong is in critical condition only through the night. The birth was tough on him since he was sick, but he should be ok in the morning.” The nurse quickly explained, allowing the soothing of minds.

 

They waited for hours, Yunho deciding to use the time to reflect. He refused to let his friends comfort him and his parents knew him well enough to let him be on his own. His grandmother chose to sit beside him though, still fretting over Jaejoong and their baby's health.

 

“As soon as I saw Jaejoong and you together, I knew it was going to end up being a good thing for you. I knew it wasn't going to be easy and there were obviously a lot of challenges. I'm so proud of you for being able to get this far, but don't make any more mistakes and don't make Jaejoong wait any longer. You know exactly what the two of you need and you know what your baby needs, so don't hesitate any more, Yunho-ah.”

 

His grandmother spoke her mind before quickly joining the rest of his family. He knew she was right and he had actually had plans to ask Jaejoong the very important question long ago. He wasn't sure what made him hesitate until this far.

 

“Mr. Jung?” The nurse called, causing both Yunho and his father to look up. The nurse smiled, nodding in their direction.

 

“You may see your son now.”

 

Yunho didn't hesitate and neither did the rest of his family. They were anxious to all get to know the new addition. Yunho arrived to the nursery first, finding his child in a small crib. The small boy was fast asleep but looking very similar to Yunho already.

 

“He looks just like you.” His mother cried behind him.

 

They took turns all night to take care of the baby, and in the morning they were able to see Jaejoong almost immediately. Yunho couldn't wait for the moment that Jaejoong would be able to see his child for the first time. It was a moment that would be locked into his memories for the rest of his life.

 

“Jaejoong.” Yunho entered the room first, finding that Jaejoong was groggily awake from his sleep. He was still sick but the IV had done a lot of good. His fever was almost completely gone.

 

“Yun.”

 

Jaejoong mumbled back, his eyes closing again tiredly.

 

“Joongie, don't go to sleep. Just for a few minutes...hold your baby.”

 

His eyes had flashed open, and although he searched for his son, there was complete fear in his eyes. Tears began to pour from his eyes and he shook his head.

 

“I don't want to see him.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Has it really been 2 months since I updated.

I'm sorry I kept you all waiting. I'll try to do better, but I can't promise anything til Christmas Break!

Much love and AKTF

ChoAnna320~