Rough Love

Happily Ever Never

The room became silent, everyone staring at Yunho as though they hadn't heard a word that had come from his mouth. He could only look at his child. He felt just as shocked and unable to have words just as they did. He didn't know what to do. He thought the last of Jaejoong's pain was gone, but obviously there was something obstructing him from being happy. Even as he stared at his own child, their unnamed child; he couldn't believe that Jaejoong could deny their son.

 

“Jaejoong? Jaejoong...really?” Mrs. Jung stuttered, tears forming in her eyes. Yunho nodded slowly, refusing to raise his head. He didn't want to admit that he was allowing Jaejoong to go through suffering again. He was suffering alone...again. He was surprised when he felt someone rush by him. He could have guessed, but he force himself to raise his head. Yoochun was gone. He had always been very protective and caring of Jaejoong. However, Jaejoong would most likely be sleeping.

 

Yunho took a few seconds to look around at his family that had gathered. He was thankful that they were there, but he felt emotionally exhausted. He was grateful that his child was sleeping though. It was probably time to take his child back to the nursery.

 

“Yunho?”

 

He turned his head, meeting his grandmother's eyes. They were kind and understanding as always. Sighing in small relief, he tried to smile in front of the older woman.

 

“What will his name be?” Her eyes darted to his newborn. He bit his lip, noticing how accepting she already was. He thought for a moment, remembering that Jaejoong and he had talked about the name of their child.

 

“YoungJoong.” He nearly whispered the name.

 

“YoungJoong?” His mother repeated. He nodded looking up at her.

 

“We had discussed this before. Jaejoong wanted part of my father's name, Hyun, in our son's name. In return, I wanted a part of him. So, it became YoungJoong.”

 

There was silence again. Tears and happiness were shining in his family's eyes.

 

 

 

After a few days in the hospital, Jaejoong was finally released along with their newborn. It was a struggle getting home. Jaejoong refused to be in the same vehicle as YoungJoong, so he ended up riding with Yoochun while Yunho drove their child home.

 

Once at home, Jaejoong refused to be in the same room as YoungJoong. No matter what Yunho offered, Jaejoong refused. It was driving him crazy. He became exhausted, trying to take care of a child by himself. It didn't help that it was very obvious that their son only wanted his mother. For an entire week, YoungJoong would cry every time Jaejoong would quickly exit the room without a single word.

 

Yunho could only receive small breaks when Junsu was home and was able to take care of the newborn while he tried to take naps or spend a few minutes with Jaejoong. It wasn't until the second week did he notice a change in Jaejoong. Although the male was stubborn and wouldn't go anywhere near his own child, he finally decided not to completely hide from the baby. Yunho took these chances to pay most of his attention to YoungJoong, hoping that Jaejoong would become jealous that he was hogging their son all to himself. However, it seemed to make Jaejoong only angrier and more upset.

 

One night, after Yunho put YoungJoong to sleep, he walked into their room and found that Jaejoong was crying. He went to him, trying to comfort him.

 

“You don't pay attention to me anymore.”

 

Jaejoong was sobbing as he hugged Yunho tightly. Yunho sighed, feeling exhausted from the work and emotions he had to deal with. He patted Jaejoong's thin hair, gently placing kisses against his cheek.

 

“You fall asleep as soon as you come to bed and you don't make me food.” Jaejoong pouted, slowly calming down enough to talk about what was wrong.

 

“I'm sorry, it's just that taking care of YoungJoong is...”

 

Jaejoong immediately laid down as soon as he mentioned their son. He sighed, having no choice but to climb into bed and try to get a few hours of sleep before YoungJoong would wake him up from his cries. The next week continued similar to this, leaving their relationship on rocky terrain.

 

The two weeks after that were only slightly better. Jaejoong spent more time around YoungJoong, but still refuse to touch or comfort the disgruntled child. Unfortunately, YoungJoong knew his mother was so close and yet could never receive his comfort...making his crying fits more often and hard to stop. It left Yunho even more frustrated and exhausted and even caused less sleep for Yoochun, Junsu and Changmin.

 

YoungJoong was nearing his one month, when Jaejoong woke up to his son's crying. He tried to ignore it, but even since the first night being home, his baby's cry had always waken him. He had always hurt because of his baby's cry. He hid it well, but he did care for the well-being of his baby. He waited a few minutes, waiting for the usual tired sigh of Yunho being awoken. However, it didn't come. He rolled over slightly, leaning against the handsome male. He hadn't had much contact with him, feeling slightly strange around him.

 

“Yunho.” He whispered once before saying it only slightly louder. Nothing. Yunho was still fast asleep and the dark circles became more prominent to him. He bit his lip, knowing that he was exhausted...and it was his fault. He stood up from the bed, shakily moving towards the door.

 

Worries flooded his mind, just like they always did when he thought about his baby. He thought about all the mistakes he could make. The thought that he could turn out to be just like his parents. He hated that thought, and it made him freeze in the hallway. He had the mind of returning to his room and forcing Yunho to wake up, but suddenly a loud cry from his child forced him to quickly move into the nursery. He hadn't been able to walk in the room in a long time, but that wasn't important at the moment.

 

He stared at the crib where his child was still crying loudly. He stood still for a few moments, worrying more and more, but something forced his feet to move toward his child. He sighed deeply, peering over the side of the crib. He was surprised by the tears that poured out of his baby's eyes.

 

He reached towards his baby, freezing half way when the cries stopped. He stared at his child, who was staring up at him, startled by his child's wide eyes. They looked familiar. They were his. Suddenly, YoungJoong squealed. Jaejoong gulped, feeling something inside of his heart break. He leaned forward, gently brushing a finger against his child's exposed hand. It earned a similar reaction, and he couldn't stop himself from smiling widely at his baby.

 

“He's cute, isn't he?”

 

He was shocked by the voice. He straightened and turned towards the door, finding Yunho leaning against the door frame.

 

“Uh...oh,” were the only words he could manage at the moment. It was hard to resist his baby's cuteness.

 

Yunho walked forward, carefully lifting YoungJoong from his crib and cradling him. Jaejoong watched, slightly jealous with how easily Yunho seemed to care for their baby. However, YoungJoong started crying only after a few minutes in his arms.

 

“You know why he is crying?”

 

Jaejoong stayed silent, glancing from Yunho to their child. Yunho smiled, moving closer to him.

 

“He needs his mother, Joongie.”

 

 

 

 

Incredibly sorry for the hugest wait for an update!

My apologies and thanks to all of you who still read/subscribe to this story.

Love~

ChoAnna~

AKTF

 

EDIT: I changed the babies name to YoungJoong.