Don't Tell

Happily Ever Never

Jaejoong felt a little nervous when he met the handsome man's eyes. Not one person had ever treated him well. He was scared he was about to receive the same treatment. The same cold stare. The pushing and the yelling followed by a beating. The name calling. He wasn't sure if he was prepared for it all again. That is why he kept his eyes on the floor. He didn't expect anything less.

 

"Ahh! So you are my hyung! Nice to meet you, Jaejoong hyung! I'm Yunho."

 

Jaejoong had winced at first when Yunho pushed his arm in front of him. He was surprised when he heard the soft introduction. He looked up, meeting his eyes for a second before looking away. He accepted the handshake, but didn't say anything further.

 

"And I'm Yoochun!"

 

Yoochun took Jaejoong's hand without hesitating. Jaejoong felt a little insecure as he looked around the group of men.

 

"That is Changmin and Junsu." Yunho introduced the two men who hadn't bothered to come forward. He bowed politely, but he could feel his eyes shifting nervously.

 

"Jaejoong will be working here from now on, and be staying upstairs." Yunho's Halmoni explained before going back into the kitchen.

 

Jaejoong bowed to excuse himself, not feeling comfortable to stay close by these strangers without the halmoni. He walked back to the table, placing the apron back over his head and getting back to work. He was a little clumsy as he cleaned, but he swore it was because he felt someone watching him. He felt a relief when the 4 boys got up to leave.

 

"Bye Jaejoong!" Yoochun waved politely before they all stepped out.

 

Jaejoong watched as his halmoni locked the door for the night.

 

"Sit down and eat Jaejoong. You must be starving. You did such a wonderful job."

 

The halmoni spoke as one of the chefs brought out a tray for one. Jaejoong didn't dare disobey the elder woman and quickly washed up to eat. They sat together while he ate and she told stories. He was surprised to hear her stories were filled of Yunho. Filled of his accomplishments and what he was like. He found himself wanting to know more about all four of them. It was the first time he felt so interested in another person.

 

"Goodnight Jaejoong."

 

Halmoni stepped out the back door, smiling at him. He bowed politely before wondering upstairs. It wasn't huge, but everything he needed was there. A bed with soft blankets, a bathroom. Everything was there. He took his suit off, gently placing it in one of the drawers before laying in bed. He felt extremely tired, and without a second thought, he was able to fall asleep.

 

The next morning, he was surprised when he found Halmoni placing a tray beside his bed. It smelled so good with the delicious arrangement of breakfeast foods. He had had breakfast made for him before, but he had never had it brought to him from his grandmother. He wished he could have had a grandmother like her.

 

"Halmoni!!!" A yell surprised the both of them, before either one of them could say a word. In an instant, Yunho was running up the steps. Jaejoong quickly made sure no part of his body was being shown. He was sure he had bed hair and he probably smelled like cleaning chemicals from the day before.

 

"Yunho! Don't just barge up here! Someone lives here now!" Halmoni scolded the male, but smiled none-the-less.

 

"Sorry Grandma! What do you want me to do today?"

 

"You shouldn't say sorry to me! You should say sorry to Jaejoong! You gave him a surprise and now he won't come out of the blankets."

 

Jaejoong puffed his cheeks out. The Halmoni was teasing him, but he refused to move from the blankets.

 

"Ah! I'm sorry Jaejoong!"

 

He still stayed put. Never in his life did he have someone his age barge into his room. He wondered if it was socially acceptable to have this happen?

 

"Yunho, will you do me a favor and take Jaejoong shopping today? I don't want him to work in his nice suit all day long again."

 

There was an awkward pause. If Jaejoong had been willing to come out of the blankets, he would have refused.

 

"Sure Halmoni!"

 

Yunho sounded too enthusiastic making him wonder if the younger man really hated him right about now. He could have so much fun with his own friends, he must feel like he now had to babysit an adult all day.

 

Jaejoong didn't like the idea either. Instead, he felt nervous and scared. He wasn't sure how he was supposed to talk to Yunho.

 

"Hurry up Jaejoong! Eat so that Yunho and you can go out in a little bit before our lunch rush!"

 

Halmoni pulled the blanket off of him without remorse. He felt mortified when he found that Yunho was staring at him with wide-eyes. He ran into the bathroom while he covered his bare chest.

 

"I'm...just gonna go downstairs and wait." Yunho replied in a dazed sort of way.