Depressed

Happily Ever Never

Yunho sat in the hospital room as the doctor asked multiple questions to Jaejoong. They were strange questions which made him wonder if the doctor was trying to help the man he loved at all. Questions about his pregnancy and about his past which was obviously hurtful to bring up. Jaejoong talked shyly and wouldn't meet anyone's eyes as he talked about the negative experience with his parents and his miscarriage. He also talked about things that Yunho had never heard of before, things that made him go silent in disbelief.

 

It seemed like the entire day had gone by before the doctor stood up, letting Jaejoong finally have some rest. Before Yunho followed the doctor out, he left a small kiss on his lover's cheek and whispered a few words about he would be back in a few minutes. He then was outside of the room face-to-face with the doctor who seemed very bored with the situation.

 

“Is he...okay?” Yunho questioned, knowing the answer wasn't going to be positive. There was something wrong. Even he could see that. The doctor sighed, brushing his arms off as if they were dirty. Yunho frowned, not liking his attitude or that he had to wait for an answer.

 

“Mr. Kim has Postpartum Depression.” The doctor stated, releasing a bored sigh short after. Yunho shook his head, glancing to the white wall of the hospital hallway and then back to the doctor. Postpartum depression...what did that mean?

 

“Are you saying that he...that Jaejoong...doesn't want our kid?” Yunho asked, biting his lip to hold back any further emotion. The doctor looked away for a moment, shifting his weight.

 

“It's not that he doesn't want your child, sir. There is just a fear or something holding him back from performing his motherly duties. In Jaejoong's case there could be many things holding him back and causing fear. It could be the situation with his parents or it could be his miscarriage or it could be a combination of many things.” The doctor exhaled slowly, explaining the situation in the terms that Yunho would understand.

 

“How...how long will this last? Our baby needs him...” The doctor nodded at his response. Of course a baby needed it's mother.

 

“There is no saying how long this could last, but in a scenario like his...it seems like it could take a while.”

 

Yunho stared at him, feeling the blood rush to his head as he fisted his hands. There was one more thing testing him, one more thing coming in between Jaejoong and him. It took all his restraint not to turn around and punch the white wall that seemed to be tormenting him.

 

“What do I do...? Is there anything I can do for him?” Yunho mumbled the questions, trying to disguise his feelings. The doctor nodded quickly, seeming to realize Yunho's sudden mood.

 

“We will prescribe Jaejoong some anti-depressants, but the best thing you can do for him is to keep him as happy as you can. Make him laugh and shower him with love. Don't let him be alone with your child because he wont be able to take it. Your child should be around Jaejoong a little bit at a time at first...which might cause Jaejoong a little bit of stress, but he should slowly get used to his child being around. We will also give you some formula that will help since Jaejoong will be unable to -feed. Shower your baby with love too...and in a way try to make Jaejoong jealous. Show off your child in front of Jaejoong but not too much. You are going to try to convince Jaejoong that your child is what he wants most in this world...and although he doesn't realize it...it truly is what Jaejoong wants.”

 

Yunho nodded and listened to the doctor mumble on about getting Jaejoong's prescriptions and blah, blah, blah...he didn't care much after that. He knew what he had to do, but that didn't mean he was thrilled at all. It was going to be tough knowing that he would see Jaejoong who would be unable to take care of their beautiful child.

 

He fell back against the hallway's wall, feeling slightly defeated. He knew he had only a matter of seconds before the rest of his family and friends would be there...asking him questions. He glanced inside Jaejoong's room, finding the man fast asleep. He placed his forehead against the cool glass...already hearing the quick footsteps in his direction and a second later the small of cries of a child.

 

He turned, finding that his mother was walking quickly towards him with his father trailing by only a few steps. Behind them was his friends and band mates, all carrying a different type of fear on their faces. Finally, Junsu's mom and his grandmother brought up the rear, his grandmother holding his child who was crying loudly.

 

He melted at the sight of his child. Although he could be a slight comfort to his baby, he knew exactly who the baby wanted. He glanced back at Jaejoong knowing that he wanted his Jaejoong back too. He took a few strides away from Jaejoong's door and towards his family, immediately having his hands held by his mother.

 

“Jaejoong?”

 

Of course they wouldn't delay in asking. They wouldn't be able to hold the question that was hiding within their hearts. They would never stop worrying about Jaejoong because as soon as you met someone like him...it was hard not to worry.

 

“Jaejoong...” He started but was quickly interrupted when his grandmother moved her way to the front of the group, his crying child taking his attention.

 

“He needs you.” His grandmother whispered and Yunho gently took his child and began to walk around to soothe him. It seemed within moments the baby stopped crying and was sleeping in his arms. He felt a sense of pride and love that he never knew he could have for such a small child. When he looked up, his mother was smiling at him and tears ran down her face.

 

“He looks like you...Yunho.” His mother whispered. He smiled back, glancing down at his son. He knew his son looked like him, but he also knew his son's eyes were definitely Jaejoong's. Wide and breath-taking, just like the person who owned them.

 

“Yunho...how is Jaejoong?” Finally the question was brought up again, this time by Junsu. He bowed his head slightly, not able to meet their eyes.

 

“Jaejoong...has postpartum depression.”

 

 

Christmas Break

I hope I can update often!

ChoAnna~AKTF