Sick...Part 2

Happily Ever Never

He couldn't move, even though his face was pushed flat into the dirty floor along with hi entire body. He couldn't move, even though every inch of his body told him he had to. He felt too sick and along with his entire body, his heart felt sick as well. There was nothing he could do. He was sure the previous injuries he had earned were already infected and his new ones were slowly burning in pain. Even opening his eyes seemed to bring him pain. To realize that he was still alive each and every time he woke up felt regretful to him.

 

He didn't want to survive, but rather burn in hell for feeling the way he did. He groaned when he felt a hand on him, slowly forcing him to roll over on the dirty ground. He couldn't even force the man off him, much less even move, after everything had been ruined.

 

"Looks like I ruined you...just the way I had hoped I would. Why don't I feel satisfied? It's like there is more that I should do. I still feel angry. Nothing's been solved."

 

The man's words disgusted him, irritated him and pained him even further. He rolled his head to the side, tears dropping slowly. He was surprised he had enough energy for them.

 

He heaved a sigh, shutting his eyes tightly. In the beginning, he knew it would be this way. He knew that this man wouldn't be satisfied with whatever he did. He knew...because everything that was happening to him, wouldn't effect his father at all. That is what this man wanted. He wanted to see Jaejoong's father suffer, but it had been pointless to cause pain to a son who never wanted to be part of that family.

 

He weakly wrapped his arms around himself, refusing to open his eyes. He could vaguely tell that something strange was happening around him. He could hear and feel a small thumping around him, lulling him to sleep. Something begged him to stay awake, maybe it was the fever that was slowly returning. Or maybe it was the freezing cold in his body and his heart.

 

"Jaejoong."

 

The voice felt like heaven. It was something he didn't deserve...something he would never deserve again. He kept his eyes shut, his body unmoving.

 

"Jaejoong!"

 

Even in the state he was, he knew who was calling his name. He knew that he could never answer though. It wasn't goodbye, but rather he was swallowing all his feelings and even the numbness that had been surrounding him. Slowly, the real world was wakening up to him, but it didn't mean anything now.

 

With a small intake of breath and scream, he was lifted. He didn't even realize that the chains around his own hands had been released. He limply let his head fall back. He must have lost himself for a little while, because the next thing he remembered was an unusual clean smell. The light was too bright and painful, and the stiff bed he was on was hurting his bruised body.

 

"Jaejoong! Jaejoong!!" He had felt the hand immediately, but tried to ignore it to the best of his ability. He couldn't even look at him, because he was so dirty. He didn't deserve to be looked at. He'd rather waste his life alone at this point. He closed his eyes weakly, not wanting to answer any questions, or see the pity in anyone's eyes. Even if it did feel good to see Yunho's handsome face. Even if it was reassuring to know that Yunho had come to save him.

 

"Please. Don't do this."

 

 

It was hard. To see Jaejoong pushing him away. It was so clear to see what he was doing. Even after the doctors had spread the news, Yunho knew that he could never give him up. Jaejoong was his very breath, his very life. If he didn't have Jaejoong...then he couldn't live.

 

Yunho bent his head, placing it overtop Jaejoong's blanket. It was going to take a lot of suffering, but he would do whatever it took to give Jaejoong his pride back. To bring the love back into his heart. He was willing to do whatever it took. As long as Jaejoong stood beside him, he could do anything.

 

"Let me save you. Once more, I'll save you." He looked up slightly, grabbing Jaejoong's arm that laid limply in his. He bowed his head again. He knew there wouldn't be a response anytime soon. There was nothing he could do but stay by Jaejoong. He refused to leave. For the rest of his life, he would be beside him.

 

"Yunho."

 

Yoochun stood in the doorway with Changmin. He refused to look at him, but instead stared at Jaejoong.

 

"Su...Junsu, he's going to be alright." He could hear the tears and the sadness in his voice. "I'm sorry, hyung. About what I said before, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have..."

 

"No. You were right, Yoochun. We need to stay as five. That is why I'll make sure never to leave his side. Never to leave any of you. It's the five of us from now on. Forever." Yunho dug his eyes into Jaejoong's cold exterior.

 

"Su..." Jaejoong's eyes slowly opened, finding Yunho. Yunho breathed a sigh of relief. He knew this probably meant nothing, but he could still hope.

 

"Jaejoong...you. You saved him. It was because of you." Yunho whispered, knowing that Jaejoong was still avoiding him. He watched as Jaejoong pushed his head to the side. He couldn't help but to stand over him, worried. He knew something was wrong by the way Jaejoong tried to heave his own body towards the side of the bed.

 

"Sick! I feel sick."

 

Jaejoong panted, just before screaming in pain.

 

Nurses and Doctors filled the room within a few minutes. Yunho stood defiantly in the doorway, watching what was going on.

 

"If you don't leave, he could die!" One of the nurses finally yelled at him. He still hesitated, but finally decided to take only one step out of the door. He would wait there. He would wait.