The Pageant (Part 2)

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA'S POV

 

We arrived at the auditorium and the whole place was packed with people, running here and there, fixing the stage for later's program. I roamed my eyes further and saw that the other contestants were already here, preparing their outfits.

 

 

"Hi, Dara!" I heard someone called and when I looked at my back, I saw Jaejoong walking towards us. He cast his gaze downwards and when I followed where he's looking at, I saw that it was directed towards my wrist that was still being gripped by Jiyong.

 

 

"Hey, Jaejoong." I greeted back as I tried to wiggle my hand free from Jiyong's grasp but failed miserably. "You already met Jiyong right?"

 

 

"YYYeah. Hey bro." Jaejoong greeted but Jiyong's face remained impassive. He was staring... no, slash that, he was glaring dangerously at Jaejoong as I felt his grip on my wrist became tighter every second. I think my blood circulation is gradually stopping and my arms will lose its feeling due to major clotting any minute now.

 

 

I cleared my throat to capture Jiyong's attention but there's no luck for he's not planning to take his gaze off of him. I looked at Jaejoong and he's emanating the same aura as Jiyong's. Oh God, please don't let these two get in a fight. When Jaejoong took one step forward, my panic button instantly and did what I thought was the best thing to do, stand in the middle.

 

 

"EHEEEEM!!!" I cleared my throat again, much louder this time for them to stop their staring battle and prevent the impending danger that's threatening to happen. I finally caught both their attention as their gazes shifted to me at the same time. "Are you guys ok?" I asked even if I know they're not. I just can't think of anything else to say to divert their attention.

 

 

"Yeah. We are." Jaejoong was the first one to answer. I glanced at Jiyong but he's giving me a confused look on his face.

 

 

I thought our current situation was bad enough but the universe must have hated me so much that it added another challenge to strike me with. All our attention was immediately directed to the most irritating voice I've ever heard.

 

 

"Hi, guys!!!" The b*tchy witch yelled as she made her way towards us. The three of us fell silent as we stared at the devil standing right in front of us.

 

 

"Hey, Krystal." Jaejoong was the only one who greeted which she failed to acknowledge for her attention was focused only on Jiyong.

 

 

"Hi, Jiyong." She greeted but Jiyong paid no heed for he diverted his attention back to me. I looked at him and sent him eye signals to please act normal as if he doesn't know anything about their plans. Unfortunately, he stubbornly ignored my pleading looks.

 

 

He shifted his head back to Krystal and smirked which didn't go unnoticed. "What's up?" He said nonchalantly but his eyes say differently. What the hell is he planning?!?

 

 

Krystal fidgets on her spot and looked surprisingly shy as she glanced at Jiyong. Her cheeks are blushing which obviously looks like she's crushing on him. So, is this what it’s all about? "Uhmm, nothing actually, I... I just want to greet you before the show for... for Goodluck. He he." She laughed awkwardly which Jiyong returned with a smug grin. Is this the real Krystal I know?

 

 

"Oh, I see. Well...." Jiyong intentionally let his words hang and just when I thought that he will greet Krystal and wish her luck, he quickly darted his gaze back to me instead. He then cupped my cheek with his right hand while intertwining his other hand with mine. He stared deeply into my eyes and leaned his head forward before he continued "...Goodluck Dara. I know you're going to win this."

 

 

Oh.my.god. What did he just do?! I can't describe how big my eyes were because of what he did. I was shocked. But the two persons standing next to us were even more shocked for I saw their mouth agape, almost reaching the floor.

 

 

I looked at Jiyong and he looked serious as his eyes bore into mine. It looked like he was waiting for me to answer which I found very hard to do. "Uhmm, thanks?" My stupid brain said which earned a teasing smiled from him. He bit his lower lip as he stared at my eyes and lips interchangeably. Gosh! What is he planning to do? I anticipated what he's going to do next as my heart started pounding hard inside my chest, melting it at the same time. He leaned closer and closer, and I almost closed my eyes if not for the hand that caressed my cheek and the whisper that almost send me to space, "Laters, Geek."

 

 

Oh.My.God!!! Did he just... Did he just copy Christian Grey of Fifty Shades?!? I heard him chuckled on my ear but soft enough that only the two of us can hear before he pulled himself away from me and looked at my dumbfounded face. He softly rubbed his knuckles on my chin and smiled cheekily on me. "See you later." He finally said and winked at me before he left, forgetting the two idiot-looking persons standing next to us. I followed him with my gaze until he's nowhere in sight. Gosh! What just happened?

 

 

"Are you two dating???" An irritating voice slashed through my senses as I looked back and saw the scowling face of Krystal.

 

 

"Oh, You're still here?" I said and stared at her as if she weren't there to begin with. Her face reddened as she groaned in anger. I could watch her over and over again without getting tired. Kekekek.

 

 

"You!!!" She muttered in gritted teeth as she pointed her finger at me. I can almost see all the veins on her neck ready to pop out soon because of anger.

 

 

"I'm what?" I nonchalantly said as I crossed my arms over my chest looking smugly at her. When she saw that I wouldn't budge, she finally gave up and just let out an irritated groan before walking away.

 

 

"Are you alright?" I heard Jae beside me.

 

 

I looked at him straight in his eyes before answering. "Yup, never better."

 

 

------------------

 

 

I can feel the familiar feeling of nervousness I've felt yesterday when I saw the auditorium being filled with audiences. My pulse doubled its pace as I inhaled deeply to calm myself down.

 

 

"Hey, relax, will you? This is the day we'll know who will rule this school and it's all up to you dear friend so do your best later ok?" My very supportive best friend said as she fixed my gown.

 

 

"Way to go Bommie, you just add up more pressure in me. What a unique way to boost my spirit." I muttered while massaging my sweaty palms. Gosh, this is so nerve-wracking.

 

 

"You know me." She laughed and hugged me tightly. "But seriously, I know you have it in you. Just be yourself and whatever happens, we always got your back. Arraso?" She said and that calmed me ten folds. It’s always been like this. Even if Bom teases me a lot, she always has her way to make me feel secure, like nothing bad will ever happen to me.

 

 

"Thanks, Bom," I said as we broke our hug. We smiled at each other as she bade goodbye when the organizers announced that the show is about to start.

 

 

The contestants lined up beside the stage, the same thing we did yesterday. I saw the gowns of the others and was amazed at how beautiful they look. They really prepared for this and I hope that whoever wins this contest will bear the same attitude inside out, beautiful.

 

 

-------------------------

 

3RD PERSONS POV

 

 

The whole auditorium cheered upon seeing the host came out from the backstage. "Good evening everyone, I'll be your host again for tonight." Everyone gave a round of applause as he introduced himself. "This is the second and final night, the night you've all been waiting for. It's the night we'll determine who will be the winners of Mr. and Ms. Congeniality. Let's not waste any more time and call our lovely contestants with their evening wear." He raised his hand as the curtains slowly opened.

 

 

Like last night, the contestants will come out by pair, one at each side of the stage and meet in the middle. The audience clapped as the first pair walked on stage and model their outfit for the night. It was slow, and everyone was taking their time to walk around the stage, following the marks placed on every corner where the contestants were supposed to stop and pose for the audience. Dara doesn't have any idea how to do it if not for Chaerin's modeling techniques, she'll be totally lost.

 

 

When it was her turn, she immediately grabbed the skirt of her gown to prevent her from slipping. She carefully walked out of the back and into the stage to meet her partner Jaejoong in the middle. She plastered a fake smile that used to be a genuine one as she gets nearer. "You look beautiful, Dara." He complimented but his words only fell on deaf ears. Although she doesn't want to, she still hooked her hand on his left arm as what instructed by the organizers before walking on stage.

 

 

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr. Kim Jaejoong and Ms. Sandara Park." The host introduced. The two slowly walked together as the audience cheered. Dara was wearing a midnight blue long gown that reached her ankles. Her sleeves were cut just the right length to cover her left shoulder while the other stayed bare. A long line of diamonds trailed from her neckline down to her waist that helps accentuate her curves. She looks amazingly beautiful as she walked on stage with Jaejoong assisting her on every step from one corner to another. She didn't notice her partner's stolen glances as he can't take his eyes off of her. The same thing was happening on the three hopeful pair of eyes sitting from the audience. They look at her as if it was the first time they ever saw her for they weren't really used to seeing her wear such elegant gown. Shirts and pants were her favorite get up and it didn't occur to them that chances of seeing her in that outfit will come.

 

 

They bowed upon reaching the middle part of the stage before heading back towards where the other contestants were now standing. Jiyong's eyes remained glued on her but most especially to the hand that was constantly placed on her waist to assist her and keep her from slipping.

 

 

"Hyung, are you.... mad or something?" Seungri asked when he noticed the scowling face of Jiyong, eyes still focused in front.

 

 

"Mind your own business rat." He hissed without cutting his gaze on the guy he's itching to land a punch at the moment. Seungri just shrugged his shoulders, not wanting to be his Hyung’s target.

 

 

The crowd went wild when the host announced the final part of the pageant, the question and answer portion. He explained the mechanics and the time allotted to each contestant. They will be asked the same question one by one wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter