The First Encounter

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3RD PERSON'S POV

 

"Dara, are you ok?" Shin-yang asked her daughter as they cleaned the vacant house at the back of the mansion Mr. Kwon offered them to stay in. They've been cleaning the house the whole day since the last person who lives there doesn't seem to know the word order and cleanliness. It was covered with dust and they have to rearrange the furniture because everything was out of its right place.

 

"Of course Appa." She smiled even if her face is full of dust and sweat was trickling down her face.

 

"Tell me if you’re tired already. We will take a rest."

 

"I'm not yet tired. Look at my muscles, it’s so strong I can lift this whole house." She said as she showed her arms to his father who's laughing at her antics. He knows she's already tired, she just doesn't show it. He really is blessed to have a daughter like her.

 

"Alright, I know you’re strong, you’re my daughter after all." Dara giggled and hugged his father. "Don't worry, after we clean the house, I’ll buy you an ice cream. How's that sound?”

 

"Really Appa? Yehey!" Dara jumped merrily and kissed his father's cheek.

 

They were almost done cleaning the house when they heard a knock on the door. Shin-yang quickly opened it to see who it was. An old lady appeared in front of him holding various stuff handing it to him.

 

"Mr. Park, here are the quilt and towels you might need here." She said and pushed it gently towards him.

 

"Oh, but we didn't ask for these. I mean we're causing too much trouble." Shin-yang scratched his head, too shy because of the kindness the Kwons are showing them.

 

"It’s ok. Mr. Kwon insists on giving these to you. He's really kind, isn't he? By the way, I'm Mrs. Han. You can ask me if you need anything else around the house." She informed him.

 

"Thank you, Mrs. Han."

 

"No problem. I’ll be going now." She said and left.

 

It wasn't that long when he heard his phone from the table rang. He immediately picks it up the moment he saw who the caller was.

 

"Sir, thank you for the quilt and towels. I really appreciate everything you gave us." Dara looked at his father and smiled. "Ok sir, I’ll be right there." He said and hung up. He looked at his daughter and crouched down to match her height. "Dara, I’ll be out for a while. Mr. Kwon needs me for something. Will you be ok here?"

 

"Yes, Appa. Don't worry about me. I'm strong remember?" She said and stretched her arms again.

 

"That's my girl. I’ll be right back. You can play outside if you want." He said after ruffling her hair. Dara nodded in response and waved her hands to his father.

 

She washed her face and hands before taking her ragged doll with her. She wants to explore the place she saw the other day when they went there the first time. She started wandering around the garden upon seeing the beautiful flowers planted on it. She smelled it and smiled to herself feeling excited. She roamed more and found a big tree with a swing tied on its branch. She hurriedly went there and tried to play by herself. She was talking to her doll when someone interrupted her play time.

 

"What are you doing here?"

 

She lost her balance and fell on the swing when a boy suddenly materialized beside the tree and talked to her. He smirked when he saw what happened to her.

 

"Ouch!" Dara grimaced the moment her landed on the ground. She looked up and saw the boy glaring at her, both hands inside his pockets, his left foot planted on the tree trunk. "Wh-who are you?" She asked suddenly became scared.

 

"None of your business." He replied.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter