Deep Realization

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA'S POV

 

 

It was them? Krystal was behind all these and Jaejoong was helping her. What have I ever done to them for them to hate me? I'm currently gathering my stuff now including my props that I would have used earlier but now ruined because of that good for nothing b*tch. And Jaejoong, I liked him ever since I laid eyes on him. I idolized him like he's my hero and all that but he's one of them. I thought he somehow likes me but turns out he's just being close to secretly know my plans for what? For the pageant? How shallow can he be? Is that how desperate they are to do all these just to win? I'm so pissed right now!

 

 

"Ms. Dara? All the contestants are needed at the stage right now." One of the organizers told me as I nodded in response. I dropped everything I was holding and head towards the stage. I saw all the contestants were lined up to face the audience and give their final bows for the night. Each of them stood beside their partners and having the same number, Jaejoong stood right next to me.

 

 

"Hey, you ok?" He asked as he side glanced at me before looking forward to the audience. The nerve of this bastard to ask me if I'm ok.

 

 

"Of course." I simply answered as I contained my anger building up inside me. I'm not gonna give him a hint that I already know their evil plans against me.

 

 

I smiled like nothing happened as we all bowed to the audience. They all clapped their hands together as they cheered for their friends standing on the stage. I saw mine at the sea of people waiving a banner with my name on it.

 

 

When the host finally bid goodbye, the curtains slowly closed covering the stage and all the contestants cheered for themselves as well, except me. I really don't know what I'd feel right now. It felt like I've been cheated or something. I was about to head back to the dressing room to get my stuff when I felt someone gripped my arm.

 

 

"Hey, what's wrong? You look pale." I turned around and saw Jaejoong's worried face. I faced him and if I didn't know the real deal, I would have faint already because of too much spazzing knowing he's worried about me. But right now, all I can see is a fake bastard that I want to slap right across his face.

 

 

"Nothing. I'm just tired that's all." I said and pulled my arm away from his grasp. My eyes began to blur as tears threatened to fall. I have to admit, it hurts, a lot. I can say that even if the pageant is not over yet, they already won against me. They broke me and I feel like a loser right now. "I...I have to go, Jae. See you tomorrow?"

 

 

"Oh. Sure. See you." He said and I didn't wait for him to say more as I ran back to the dressing room.

 

 

------------------

 

 

I'm sitting on our porch, staring at nothing in particular. My head seems to be stuck at the time when I heard the truth about Jae and Krystal. I know Bom and the rest of the gang felt my mood earlier when they went to fetch me after the show. I'm just glad they chose not to ask what happened or I might break down or something. My train of thoughts was put to a halt when I heard someone called my name.

 

 

"Earth to Dara...Dara to earth..."

 

 

I looked sideways and saw Jiyong standing on the nearby tree, his arms crossed above his chest. "Someone might mistake you for being a weirdo if you keep on staring like that. Although you really are a weirdo, let's just keep it to ourselves shall we?"

 

 

I rolled my eyes at him as I hugged my legs against my chest and leaned my chin on top of my knees. "What do you want Jiyong? I'm not in a mood to argue." I said in a low tone.

 

 

I saw him walk over to where I'm sitting and sat right next to me. "What's wrong, geek? What's with the ugly face?" He said and harshly ran his palm on my face which I immediately swatted away with my right hand.

 

 

"Quit it!" I snarled which he found funny for he's laughing like a maniac again. Arggg! This jerk!

 

 

I was about to stand up and leave him when he suddenly grabbed my arm to stop me. "Ok, I’ll stop. Don't leave." He said. I sighed and went back to my previous position. "Tell me what happened?"

 

 

I furrowed my brows together, confused as to why he's asking me this question. Is he sick or something? "Why ask? I thought you don't care about what happened to me?"

 

 

"I'm bored. I want to hear something that will entertain my ears." He said and looked at me tentatively before he continued. "Now, tell me what happened."

 

 

I stared at him for one whole minute and I don't know why but I found myself telling him what exactly happened even if I know that he will tease me after this. "So, you didn't tell him you already knew?" He asked, eyes looking forward.

 

 

"No, I don't know how and what to say. I just...I don't know anymore." I lowered my head and felt my eyes started to water again. It hurts like hell like my heart is being beaten over and over. I was about to lean my head on top of my knees to hide my tears when he abruptly encircled his arms around my head and place it on his shoulder. I was surprised at his sudden move but found relief with what he just did. I cried so hard, letting out the pain that I’ve been holding since I learned the truth. I was shaking because of too much crying but instead of the teasing that I expected to hear from the person beside me, he said just the right words this time.

 

 

"Let it all out tonight and teach them a lesson tomorrow," Jiyong said before he hugged me while rubbing my back to comfort me. I hugged him back as I feel the familiar feeling I’ve felt before. It felt like home.

 

 

--------------

 

 

"What really happened Dara? Why did you change your talent last night?" Bom kept asking me the moment we saw each other at school. It's only eight in the morning and we're here at her booth fixing the costumes.

 

 

I sighed deeply for I know she won't stop bugging me until she squeezed the truth out of me. "I just went to the restroom before my queue but when I came out, I saw my props already scattered all over the floor."

 

 

"What???" Why didn't you tell us last night? Do you know who did it?" She asked wide-eyed as she immediately ran to my side.

 

 

I was battling with myself if I'm going to tell her or not but knowing full well what she's going to do once she found out who did it, I'd rather keep my mouth shut than cause her trouble because of me. "No Bom, I don't."

 

 

She's now fuming with anger as I saw her fist curled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter