Just This Time

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA'S POV

 

 

"How was your date?" Bom asked as we loitered around the school lounge. She said this is the best place to sell tickets because most of the students hang out here.

 

 

"It was ok, we had snacks. That's all." I simply answered while trying to get the student's attention.

 

 

"That's it? No juicy details?"

 

 

"No."

 

 

"But what did you talk about?"

 

 

"Stuff." I saw her looked at me in my peripheral vision before shaking her head. "We had fun Bom. He was nice, I learned a lot about him." I added.

 

 

"Dara, are you ok?" Bom stopped what she's doing and faced me.

 

 

"I am. Don't worry about me." I gave her a reassuring smile before going back to what I’m doing. The truth is I’m freaking worried. For the pageant? Maybe. But there's still something that keeps bothering me for days now. Where the hell is he? I haven't seen him for weeks and his friends were not saying anything. My thoughts were put to a halt when I heard the familiar voice rang inside my ears.

 

 

"Dara Noonaaa!" I saw Seungri dashing towards us with the others following behind. I craned my neck to see if he's with them but there's only four of them who came.

 

 

Sighing, I smiled at the approaching Maknae. "Hey, Seungri. What's up?"

 

 

"Nothing really. What about you? How's the ticket selling?" He asked. I saw Youngbae put his arm around Seungri and gave me a smile as well.

 

 

I glanced at the boxes of tickets beside Bom and we haven't sold even half of a pad. "We're doing good. No worries. He he he." I told him giving him an awkward laugh.

 

 

They glanced at the boxes as well before shifting their gazes back to me. "Hey, listen. We have a gig tonight at the bar two blocks away from here. A lot of students go to that bar so maybe you can come and try to sell those tickets?" Youngbae suggested and that made Bom and I raised our brows.

 

 

"Wait, you're in a band?" I heard Bom asked.

 

 

"Yes, it's called Bigbang. Cool huh? We just started practicing again last week and Bam, we have a gig now." Daesung proudly said as he smiled widely with his eyes.

 

 

"Really? Wow! That's great. I didn't know you guys can sing and play instruments." I told them feeling excited.

 

 

"You should watch us perform, we need a lot of support." I heard Top said but I think he's only talking to Bom right there.

 

 

"Sure. We will." Said Bom while wearing her sparkly anime eyes again. "Plus, we can sell Dara's tickets there, right?"

 

 

"Right. We will help you, promise." Youngbae said.

 

 

"Noona, don’t forget to tell Chaerin to come." Seungri scratched his head as he looked at me shyly.

 

 

"Minzy too. Please?!" Daesung interjected as he raised his hand. Aigoo these two are so cute, crushing on our dongsaengs.

 

 

"Sure. No problem." I said.

 

 

They went ahead of us as they said they'll be getting ready for later. So that's the reason why they've been busy for the whole week? They put up a band and now they have a gig. That's so cool. I can't wait to see them perform later and maybe see him. I felt heat crawl up my cheeks just the thought of it. Arggg. What's wrong with me?

 

 

"Dara, why do you look so red? Are you blushing?" Bom asked the moment she saw me.

 

 

"No. What are you talking about?" She just giggled and went back to selling tickets. Aisht, yup. Something's definitely wrong with me.

 

 

---------------------------

 

 

"Are you sure this is the place?" I heard Chaerin asked me as she scanned around the venue.

 

 

"Yes, I think. It’s the address Youngbae texted me." I looked around as well and found a lot of people outside the bar waiting for the guard to let them in.

 

 

"Let's go in then." Minzy said as she clapped her hands due to the excitement.

 

 

We made our way towards the entrance but the guard standing by the door stopped us. "Sorry Miss, the club is already full." He said using a stick as a barricade for us not to get through.

 

 

"But we know the band playing. We're their friends." Bom said, hoping that it'll work. Unfortunately, the guards didn't believe any of what Bom said.

 

 

"Let me handle this, girls." The fierce-looking Chaerin walked in front of us to talk to them. She leaned over to the guy and whispered something we failed to hear. His eyes abruptly went wide and looked as if his life was in danger. We saw him swallowed a lump on his throat before nodding his head repeatedly. "So....are we allowed to go in now?" Chaerin asked and this time the guy let us in causing a lot of whines coming from the other customers who wished to get inside as well.

 

 

As we walked inside the bar, a faint smell of alcohol together with the booming sound coming from the speakers welcomed us. It was dark but the lights coming from the dance floor guided us in. "Where are they?" I heard Minzy shouted for us to hear her.

 

 

"Wait, let me call Youngbae." I was about to dial his number when someone s his arm around my waist.

 

 

"Hi, Miss Beautiful. Wanna dance?" A drunk looking guy asked as he hovered above me.

 

 

"Get off me!" I shouted. The three girls heard me as they come to my rescue.

 

 

"Hey! Get off our friend you assh*le!" Chaerin started smacking the guy with her bag while Bom pulled the guy's hair to different directions.

 

 

"Aw! Aw! Get off me!" The guy screamed and scampered away the moment he escaped the girls’ claws... I meant hands.

 

 

"Are you alright? Did he hurt you?" Bom worriedly asked as she checked me.

 

 

"I'm fine Bommie. Thank you, guys, for helping me." I said smiling at them.

 

 

"Let's get out of here. Almost all the people here are drunk. I don't want any of my friends to be taken advantaged by some bastards out there!" Chaerin muttered and started her pace out the door but Minzy pulled her back in.

 

 

"But I want to watch them perform." Minzy whined and Bom was there to back her up. I know they really wanted to watch so I tried to persuade her too.

 

 

"Fine. But one more of this and we're leaving understood?" Chaerin declared with authority which the three of us nodded in understanding. She's really fit to be a leader.

 

 

We made our way to the sea of people enjoying the booming sound of loud music. Since the program is about to start, the venue started to get crowded as well. I clutched on to Chaerin's arm who’s doing a great job protecting us from erts like the one we encountered earlier. "Where the are they?!"

 

 

We craned our necks as long as we could possibly stretch them hoping we could find any of the members. Then, after minutes of searching, the four of us stared at each other when the music abruptly stopped. The crowd began to cheer as they focused their eyes in front where the stage was installed.

 

 

"Good evening everyone!" My eyes went wide when I saw Jiyong standing on top of the stage while holding the mic. The crowd went even wilder when they heard him spoke.

 

 

"What's happening? Do they know them?" I heard Bom reacted, confused with the fame they're getting. I scanned my surroundings and found so many students from our school occupying the whole dance floor.

 

 

"I think so Bom. Almost all of the crowd belongs to our school." I answered and saw her checked it out. She nodded in understanding.

 

 

"But I think some were from different schools too. Judging with the uniforms they're wearing." Minzy added and saw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter