His Own Reasons

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA's POV

 

"They're really stressing me out! I mean, they all rely on me and put me responsible for almost everything now since my supervisor went on leave. Can you believe that? Dara... Dara!"

 

"What?!" I yelled surprised at the screaming Bom in front of me and I don't even know why. We're eating here in the cafeteria and thankfully, no one heard us because of the loud noise the others are creating as well.

 

"What do you mean "what"? I've been talking here for I don't know how long and you're not listening. What's wrong with you?" She said looking mad.

 

"But I am listening..." I defensively said but she's not convinced even one bit.

 

She stared at me and gave me a deadpan expression before placing the corn she's holding on top of her plate. "Really? Then what was I talking about, hmm?"

 

Oh-oh. She really is upset. "Uhm. You were asking me about..." What was she asking me again? Ugh. To be honest, I wasn't really paying attention for my mind is elsewhere. What I saw in the rooftop still lingers in my head and it really frustrates me because I can't figure out how that happens.

 

"See? You're spacing out again. Geez, Dara. The fly almost flew inside your mouth and you didn't even notice." Bom once again slashed through my thoughts.

 

I saw her heaved a deep sigh before she played with her food in front of her. I know she's upset not because I wasn't listening to her but because she thought I'm hiding something from her again. I slowly took her hand resting on top of the table and gave it a little squeeze. "Hey... Mianhe..." I said and that made her look at me. "I am not hiding anything ok? I'm just curious..."

 

That made her brows meet in the center before putting all her attention towards me. "Curious? Of what?"

 

I looked around me first and checked if someone could hear what I'm about to say. When I was sure that everyone is busily eating and chatting with each other, I leaned closer so Bom could hear me well. "I found something at the rooftop," I whispered but loud enough for her to hear.

 

"Rooftop? What are you doing there?" she asked, confusion is written all over her face.

 

"Seven took me there the other day. It was like Narnia up there you know with this super duper awesome..."

 

"Dara, cut to the chase, will you? My neck is starting to get cramps already because of too much leaning to hear you clearly." Bom suddenly reacted that made my mouth hang open and immediately pout like a kid. I just want to share what I saw in that rooftop and how amazing it is but she's obviously not interested. "Dara! What now? Continue what you were saying." She grunted with a hint of irritability on her face.

 

I rolled my eyes at her and continue it anyway. "Geez, so grumpy. Anyway, like I was saying... Seven took me up to the rooftop when he thought I was feeling down and all..."

 

"But you really are feeling down." She interrupted and that made me raise my left brow at her.

 

"Do you want me to continue or what?" I hissed and that made her chuckle before signaling her hand for me to continue. "Again, when we reached the upper floor, we were greeted with a steel door. What made me curious is, why was it locked? I mean, rooftops are supposed to be for public use, right? Anyone can go there and breathe some fresh air at any time especially during breaks but he said the place is private and not anyone can go there whenever they want."

 

I saw Bom's brows meet in the center while bobbing her head in understanding. She propped her elbows on top of the table so she could lean closer. "What did you see?" She asked.

 

"Seven opened the door and my jaw literally dropped to the floor. Like I said a while ago, it was like a place beyond what you can imagine. It's packed with different arts and creative crafts all gathered in one place." I explained. I know my face is now distorted while narrating everything to her but what can I do. I still can't get over it.

 

"What? What are those doing there? I mean why on earth would they put something like that and weirdly, on the rooftop?" She exclaimed and looked more confused as before.

 

"I don't know either but Seven said they're the works of all the employees who deserve it and awarded a spot there. You know, the employee of the year or just an employee who has exemplary skills in their jobs. He said it's their hobby place where they can relax and do what they enjoy doing during breaks." I explained more as I sip my drink.

 

She nodded her head at me and continued munching on her food. "That explains why it's in the rooftop. It supposed to be a place to relax that's why but what are you curious about?"

 

I again looked around to check before leaning forward once again. "Well, each employee owns a cubicle and a podium with their names is placed to show ownership. I... I saw a name there that's very familiar."

 

"Who?"

 

"Donghae. Lee Donghae. He owns one of the cubicles in there and the largest one there is."

 

Bom almost chokes on her food upon hearing what I just said and immediately grabbed her bottle of water before drinking it down. "WHAT?!"

 

"Your voice Bommie. Lower it down, will you? Sheez!" I saw some of the employees around our table glanced at our direction when they heard her shout. This woman really!

 

"But...But... I don't understand. How the heck did he own a spot there? You said only employees of this company are eligible to get that award. He's not considered an employee here, right? We're just interns and the length of our stay here isn't enough to show how good we are at what we do." She whispered.

 

"Exactly Bommie. I thought maybe there are other Lee Donghae's in this company but Seven is right. Donghae is unique enough to have other than one person to own that name." I heaved an ample amount of air before staring back at Bom. "What do you think? Do you... I mean why would he hide something like that to us?" I'm starting to have doubts about him even if I don't want to. I remembered when I first saw him in this building. He said he just thought of following where we decided to apply for the internship so he has someone for company. Did he lie to us?

 

"I have a bad feeling about this Dara. If what you saw up there is his, what will be his motive of lying to us? To you?" She asked full of confusion drawn on her face.

 

I hope we're wrong and what I saw is different from the truth but whatever it is, I'll find out soon enough.

 

-----------------

 

DARA's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter