Unnoticed

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA'S POV

 

I stretched my arms to reach for my annoying alarm clock as it resonated around the room. Though my eyes were still closed, I can already smell the sweet aroma of coffee and fried bacon. Wait, if I’m still here lying on my bed, then who's at our kitchen cooking the food? My eyes automatically snapped open as I abruptly stood up and head downstairs towards our kitchen. My eyes went wide when I saw the person responsible for the delicious smelling food.

 

"Appa!!! You're back!" I squealed and dash towards him to give him a tight hug.

 

"Awww. Did my Princess miss me that much?" He said as he put the pan down before returning my hug.

 

"Of course, I missed you! You've been gone for so long!" I answered as I released him from my killer hugs.

 

"Was it that long? It's only two weeks Princess. Though we haven't had time to talk during my breaks." He said and continued frying some bacon and eggs.

 

"That's ok Appa. I know you'll be busy there that's why I didn't bother you that much." I said and started preparing the table. Appa turned to face me as he turned the stove off.

 

"Hey, don't think that way ok? I don't want you hesitating at times that you really need to talk to me. Just like that trip of yours that Jiyong has to call me about. Shouldn't you be the one calling me instead of him?" He asked as he crossed his arms above his chest.

 

Jiyong called Appa for me? But he said that it was Mr. Kwon whom he talked to that night to relay what Appa told me.

 

"I was about to call you but I missed your break time so I decided not to come instead. I didn't know Jiyong will ask you."

 

"Well he did and I was surprised by it. I never expected that call to begin with." He took a seat beside me after putting the food on the table. "Where is that kid anyway? I haven't seen him since yesterday."

 

"I don't know either Appa," I answered as I immediately took a bite of my bacon to avoid his gaze.

 

Appa heaved a deep sigh as he looked into the distance. "That poor kid, I hope he didn't take to heart what his father told him."

 

My curiosity kicked in once again as I can't stop myself from asking. "What did Mr. Kwon tell him Appa?"

 

He looked at me in the eyes before putting some food on his plate. "He called Mr. Kwon a week after he called me and asked if they could have a short vacation." My eyes went wide upon hearing what he said. Did Jiyong really ask his father that? Appa saw my facial reaction as he nodded at me. "I know right? It surprised me as well. We both know that he and his parents have a relationship gap ever since. I wonder what changed his mind and decided to bridge the gap that they have."

 

I can't believe he took my advice to ask them. I smiled at the thought but it disappeared the moment I heard Appa's next words. "It was put to waste though. Mr. Kwon's schedule was tight and still is. Another problem surfaced to one of their branches, this time in America."

 

"Really? Was it bad?"

 

"I don't think it’s as bad as what they had in Paris. What's good is that Mr. Kwon always handles things hands on that's why the problem gets resolved in a snap. The bad news is it’s the same reason why he failed to notice that he's already neglecting the most precious thing in the world, his family." Appa somberly said as he shook his head. I agree with what he said, that's why I’m so lucky to have a very caring and thoughtful father like him. Appa suddenly looked at me intently and placed his hand on my shoulder. "I won't let that happen to us princess. Even if I’m busy, I’ll drop everything if my daughter needs me." He said wearing a very serious face. I remember the last time he had that kind of expression. It was the time that he already accepted that it will only be just the two of us living in this world.

 

He cut his gaze on me when I noticed that his eyes started to well up. He began eating his food in front of him. "So... how’s my princess? I see that you're not wearing your glasses now and you cut your hair?" He said changing the topic.

 

"Just trim and the glasses...my friends said I look younger without it."

 

"You finally got rid of those glasses. Now I can see your whole face. I don't understand why you wear them anyway. You've got a perfect vision just like your mo...." Appa cut himself off upon realizing what he's about to say. He stopped moving and stared at his food in front of him.

 

I know what he's currently thinking so before the atmosphere becomes awkward, I decided to break the silence. "Appa, I’m going to compete in our school pageant."

 

"Oh, really? Wow! That's great, princess!" He excitedly said as he pats my head. I told him the full details of the contest and I can't help but smile on his reaction. "I'm proud of you. Finally, you're getting out of your shell. When is the pageant? I'm going to watch."

 

"Eehhhh... Appa... it's embarrassing!!!" I whined like a kid. It’s not that I don't want him to be there. It will be awkward and I don't want him to see me embarrass myself in front of the whole school. I mean, I’m already feeling ashamed of myself being one of the candidates, my father being there to witness it will be too much.

 

"What's embarrassing about that? I'm proud of you now and I’ll be proud of you then." He said with full conviction. Oh my Ghaad. I think I’m gonna be sick. The pressure! The pressure!!!Arggg!!!

 

-----------------------------

 

I can't believe Jiyong did that. He really asked his father. Gosh! I'm really touched that he's actually listening to me. Unfortunately, Mr. Kwon is so busy, he declined his son's invitation. Oh my God! Is that why he wants to see me the last time? To talk about what happened? And there I was being a snob who pushed him away. I gave him the idea and when it went bad and he wants to talk about it, I pushed him away. I'm such an idiot. Now I’m feeling the guilt crawling on me again.

 

"Dara!!!" My ears almost explode when someone screamed near my ear.

 

"Bom!! Why the hell did you do that?? I'm not deaf!" I shouted at her as I nursed my ear.

 

"You're not? Then why can't you hear me calling you a hundred times already? My throat hurts like hell now you know." She said sitting beside me on the bench. She's calling me? I didn't know she's here to begin with. "You're spacing out again. What were you thinking anyway?"

 

"Oh. Nothing."

 

"Nothing huh? Are you still worried about the pageant? I told you we got you covered. What is there to worry about?" She asked nonstop with her bazooka-like mouth.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter