Stupid Self

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA'S POV

 

 

Days passed so quickly and I still don't have any plans on how to win that pageant. Ok, let me lay down the rules of that contest. Half of the scores will depend on the tickets sold. Half will depend on me. Me?!? What can a person like me offer that will make the judges choose me over the other contestants? There's a talent portion and I can't think of any talent to show except play and top the scores in video games or eat food the fastest. I don't even know if you can call that a talent. Then there's a mini fashion show that we have to walk on stage while sporting three sets of clothes. I pity the one who designed it what with the kind of body I have. The clothes will look like it was perfectly ironed and they used a hanger (that's me) to prevent it from wrinkling. Ughh! The last one will be the question and answer. That, I am a little confident. Just don't ask anything about general info that I’m not aware of then I'm good to go.

 

 

"You're spacing out again Dara-ah." I felt someone nudged me by the shoulder that snatched me out of my reverie.

 

 

"Who wouldn't? We only have days left and I still haven't thought of what I'll do in that pageant." I said palming my face as I stared at the students passing by in front of us.

 

 

"Relax Dara. You'll think of something. It doesn't have to be too fancy and all." She calmly said as she files her nails. Yes, people. That's how relaxed she is while I'm at the verge of losing it. I can now imagine myself being humiliated in front of the crowd.

 

 

"I think I'm gonna lose and Krystal will make fun of me for the rest of my life. And guess what? This is all your fault!" I muttered as I massaged my temple. "Plus, the fact that I haven't sold even half of the tickets assigned to me. I heard Krystal is almost done with hers and requesting for another batch of tickets to sell."

 

 

"Don't worry about the tickets, I already distributed them to our friends. They can sell them in a snap." She confidently said while tapping my shoulder with her nail file. Aigoo. This girl really. "I think everything will go smoothly. We'll show that mother effin biatch who rules this school. I'm so excited!!!" She giggled as she hugged me sideways while staring at the distance with her sparkling anime eyes again.

 

 

"That could be true if you're the one who joined the pageant. But if it’s me, then you must be dreaming." I said matter of fact. I mean come on. I wasn't born for this!!!

 

 

"That's not true, you got what it takes to be THE Ms. Congeniality. And who knows? Maybe you'll be partnered with Jaejoong, the love of your life." She said while she let her brows dance in excitement. Speaking of Jaejoong.

 

 

"Since you've mentioned him, he's been acting strange lately," I told her as I remembered the last time we're together.

 

 

She furrowed her brows as she scoots closer to me. "Strange? How so?"

 

 

"Well, he apologized without doing anything bad."

 

 

"Did you ask him why?

 

 

"I did but he quickly changed the topic. I don't get him." I told her and that made her raised her left brow. She heaved a deep sigh before patting my back.

 

 

"Just be careful and always be on your guard. Arasso?" She asked, her eyes full of worry.

 

 

I was about to ask her why but our topic suddenly popped out of nowhere. "Hi, guys! Hey Dara..." Jaejoong appeared as he flashed his smile to us.

 

 

"Hi Jae!" I greeted back. I was waiting for Bom to greet him as well but nothing came. I glanced at her and was surprised when I saw her glaring at him. I leaned closer to whisper to her ear. "Bommie, Jaejoong says Hi," I said as I nudged her a little. She finally cut her gaze at him to look at me.

 

 

"Oh... yeah hello Jaejoong. What's up?" She said, her face void of emotion.

 

 

"Nothing really, I just saw you two hanging out here so I figured, why not join you guys." He said and I felt my cheeks heated as he winked at me. Oh Gosh, this guy could really be the death of me. "Can I?" He asked and scratched the back of his head. He's so adorable.

 

 

"Of course, Jae. Come sit with us." I said and he quickly joined us and sat on the grass.

 

 

"Nice place you got here. The air here is fresh." He said and deeply inhaled a good amount of air.

 

 

"Yup, we really don't like breathing on contaminated air. It pollutes our brain, makes us think of unnecessary things like do bad things to other people. Right, Dara?" Bom suddenly said with a hint of sarcasm while looking at me intently, silently telling me to agree with her. I glared at her while mentally sending her a message to stop what she's doing. Unfortunately, she just smirked and ignored me. "And yes, this place is nice, a perfect place for nice people to relax. So, before you hang out here, let me ask you Jaejoong, are you naughty? .... Or just being nice?" She said and stared directly at Jaejoong's eyes as she waited for his answer. He was taken aback with what she said. I glanced at Jaejoong and If I didn't see his reaction, I would have missed the shocked look on his face, like a kid being caught up red handed.

 

 

"I... I just want to h-hang out with you guys." He stuttered badly and was about to stand up from the ground. "But if you don't want me here, I’ll just leave you alone." He finished but I grabbed his arm to sit back down.

 

 

"Don't scare him Bom. He's not doing anything bad ok?" I said and glared at her once more. I’ll definitely scold her later.

 

 

Bom just laughed at his reaction and tapped her right leg multiple times as she can't hold her laughter. "I was just kidding hahahahah," she said between laughs as she pointed at him like a lunatic.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter