Saying Goodbye with Hello

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3RD PERSON'S POV

 

The whole room gave them a round of applause after they heard the last announcement. Loud murmurs can be heard from the audience especially those who came for the first time. They don't have any idea about the surprise announcement moreover to the person who's been standing by the wall, frozen in her spot the moment she heard the ear-splitting news.

 

A tear unconsciously fell from her left eye as she stared in front. She watched their every movement from the time the host gave the announcement up to the moment he stepped forward and meet the soon to be newlyweds.

 

Newlyweds? She can't breathe. Just thinking about it makes her stomach hurl. The dizziness she felt earlier finally took a toll on her and that made her vision spin once again. She held on to the wall for support but that didn't help her much at all. She then felt her body will collapse soon if not for a firm grip that held both her shoulders to steady her.

 

"Dara!"

 

She gathered her strength to turn around and look at the person who caught her. "A-appa..." she stuttered as she tried to even out her breathing. She was already sweating profusely as if she did a marathon.

 

"Are you ok? Princess! Talk to me." Shin-yang asked as he saw her daughter's pale face. He was actually surprised to see her there standing when he coincidentally looked around to scan the place. He first thought it was just a random girl who looks like her daughter but when he looked closely, he was shocked to see her frozen on her spot.

 

His stares were dragged in front and from that moment, he already knew what's wrong with her daughter. He immediately pulled her slowly and carefully made their way outside the venue. The time they reached the hallway where people rarely walks in, he finally held both her shoulder to make her face him.

 

"What are you doing here?!" He asked as he held her gaze.

 

Dara looks up and met her father's worried gaze as she held her aching chest. "A-ppa... it h-hurts." She said as tears finally spilled down her eyes.

 

Shin-yang immediately enveloped her in a tight hug. The feeling of the world crashing down on him came as he felt his daughter's body shaking while hearing her muffled cries. This is what he was avoiding to happen ever since that's why he tried to break them apart even though he knew it was inevitable. Seeing them grew up together and falling for each other is not far from being a reality. Fate has been playful not only to him but also to the two youngsters whom he valued the most.

 

---------------

 

DARA'S POV

 

I took a sip of my tea Appa gave me to calm my nerves. He said it will help me relieve the pain somehow but I don't think it's doing its job. I can still feel it and it's excruciating.

 

I looked down after I placed the cup on our table. I can't look at Appa straight in his eyes, not after what happened. I know he already told me before not to get involve with Jiyong because he knew this will happen. I didn't believe him at first because I was blinded by what I feel towards him but who would have thought that he's right. That I will end up being left alone in the corner just like him with mom.

 

"Dara..." I heard him call but I still didn't look up. Too embarrassed of what happened and afraid to hear what I'm expected to hear from him.

 

"I know... I told you so... right?" I initiated before he spills it out. I let out a sigh before a tear left my eye once again.

 

I heard him sighed deeper and took the space beside me on the couch I'm currently seated. I want to cry because I know he will comfort me but I tried my hardest not to. "I'm not gonna say that to you. I know you did what you did because I know that's what you think was right. I can't blame you for everything that's happening right now because it's not entirely your fault." He said and that made me look up to him and meet his gaze. "You just fell in-love Dara. Nothing's wrong with that."

 

"Appa..."

 

"I understand how you feel and I don't have to explain again because that's exactly the reason why I stopped your relationship with Jiyong. I don't want you to experience what happened to me." Appa said and I can see his eyes starting to water because of his emotions building up. "But who am I kidding? That's me and you are you. You are drawing your own path to grow and learn from whatever decisions you make. I'm just here to guide you and make sure you're still intact if ever you fall."

 

And with that I hugged him, real tight. The tears I'm trying my best not to fall finally streamed down my face. I know I'm not supposed to act like this because this is my fault to begin with but this is Appa. The one who raised me and took care of me since I was brought to existence.

 

I felt him tapped my back to relax and slowly let go of the hug. He smiled at me before wiping my tears dry. I smiled back and fixed myself before clearing my throat, suddenly remembering something. "Appa, you called earlier and you sounded like you were about to tell me something. What is it that you want to tell me?"

 

He looked at me with wary eyes and guiltily looked away. He cleared his throat before speaking. "Uhm, I know this isn't the right time but..." he paused but I urged him to continue. "The reason I called you earlier is that... I was about to tell you that..."

 

"What is it Appa?"

 

"That we... we need to go."

 

"Go? Where?" I asked, my brows instantly connects because of confusion.

 

"One of our relatives called, she's one of your aunts but I don't know if you remember her and Uhm... she needed my help."

 

"What for? Is she ok?" I worriedly asked.

 

"Yes, she is. She just needs someone to help her with her business. You know nowadays some of the businesses, especially the small ones, are being affected by the country's crisis. So... she needed someone to help her." He said and casts his gaze forward. He looks like he's contemplating if he's going to continue or not. "I already said yes."

 

"Oh." I was surprised but let him continue.

 

"There's no one else who could help her and I think it's the right time to give back what she did for us before when we needed her help." He paused once again and look at me this time, waiting for my response. "But like I said. This isn't the right time to talk about it. You're still hurt and I know..."

 

"I'll come with you." And right then and there I said it without thinking twice. "If she needed our help then we need to go help her."

 

"But Dara..."

 

"It's ok Appa. And I think this is the perfect timing for me so I can forget everything. I need to move on from all of these."

 

I looked at Appa and he's speechless. Maybe he did not expect my answer to be that way but truthfully, I can't believe myself either. All I know is that I need to be away. Far away from here, from him.

 

-----------------------
 

"Are you all set?"

 

I heard Appa asked as he stood by the doorframe of my room. I zipped my luggage up and turned around to nod in response. He looks at me, worries still visible on his face. "Yes, Appa," I answered and gave him a reassuring smile.

 

"Alri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter