Bringing past into the future

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BOM'S POV

 

 

I'm currently staring at my best friend right now who's been acting really really weird since this morning. How so? Well, ever since we saw each other before going to work, she keeps on staring at a distance. It's like she's physically here but her mind is wandering elsewhere. And then...and then! She will suddenly smile even if the story I was telling her wasn't funny at all. I mean how can you smile when I told her how my date with Top ended? Everything could have been perfect if not for my stilettos. After our date, Top walked me towards the front door of our house when the left heel of my shoes suddenly broke as we passed by our front yard fountain. If not for his fast reflexes, I would've ended up soaking wet and that will be very embarrassing.

 

 

"You think it's funny?" I muttered as I gave her the deadliest glare I could muster.

 

 

"Huh? What?" She said and smiled again at me. What the...

 

 

"What is wrong with you? Are you even paying attention to what I'm telling you?"

 

 

"Of course, Bom. I'm listening, go on." She said and look at me again with those sparkling eyes of hers. Ugh.

 

 

"You're obviously not! Are you still here on earth? Or do you want me to fetch your soul all the way from the planet Tralala?!" I crossed my arms above my chest, squinting my eyes at her until she melts but I think it's not needed anymore for she's already melting in a puddle of goo. "Tell me what happened and don't you dare lie." She stared at me and then pink-colored cheeks suddenly made its appearance on her face. Oh my God. Is this what I think it is? My heart suddenly started pounding inside my chest, nervousness suddenly enveloped me.

 

 

"Bommiieeee~" she called my name in a singsong voice and I don't know why but I suddenly don't want to hear what she has to say. And so, I immediately covered my ears with both my hands not to be able to hear her.

 

 

"No! Don't tell me. No!!!" I hysterically said, not letting her pull my hands away from my head.

 

 

"I thought you wanted to know?" I heard her say between the gaps of my finger which were still struggling to cover my ears. This woman doesn't know when to shut up.

 

 

"I changed my mind. I don't want to know that my best friend is no longer pure!"

 

 

"What? What are you talking about?" She said confusion is written all over her face.

 

 

I decided to take my hands off my ears and plant them on my waist. I can't take this anymore. "You disappoint me Tokki. I thought you can handle yourself especially when your alone with Jiyong but you proved me wrong. And that jerk better not show his face to me or he will never see daylight ever again!" I screamed and I don't even care if someone heard me. This is my best friend we're talking about here.

 

 

She abruptly grabbed my arm and pulled me in the corner where no people are walking around. "Bom! Will you please lower your voice? And why is my purity being dragged in this conversation?!"

 

 

"That's what you mean right? That you and Jiyong... you know? Do what couples do. I mean... ugh! You know what I mean!" I said feeling frustrated as I comb my hair using my fingers.

 

 

Her eyes almost popped out of their sockets upon getting what I meant. "Oh my God, Bommie!" She whispers shouted as she smacked my arms a little harshly.

 

 

"Ouch! What was that for?!"

 

 

"For that dirty brain of yours, you dimwit. How could you think of me like that?!" She snarled at me and now her voice is rising up giving equal intensity as mine before.

 

 

"Because you said...I mean...you two didn't..."

 

 

"We did not! Christ Bom, we're not ready for that yet." She defended and now it’s her turn to place her hands on her waist.

 

 

"But that's what your face is telling me. Aisht! What do you mean then?" I asked, my nervousness slowly ebbing away.

 

 

"I mean Jiyong and me... We...we..." she stuttered a little, obviously not comfortable with what she's about to say.

 

 

"Stop delaying it. Say it already!"

 

 

"We k-kissed!" She said and closed her eyes tightly, waiting for my violent reaction, I think. She slowly opened her eyes when she didn't hear any response from me. But instead of a violent reaction, my mouth is currently hanging openly unable to process everything she had said. "Bommie, are you ok?"

 

 

"Y-yeah. I'm ok. You mean...your lips aren’t pure anymore?" I asked. I don't know why I'm so affected by it but somehow, I'm happy. We stared at each other for who knows how long until we both erupted in a loud scream.

 

 

"Aaaahhhhh!!" Both of us are screaming, not caring if we're already gaining attention from the people passing by. We jumped multiple times until our stomach aches because of too much jumping, I’m afraid our organs might get dislocated.

 

 

"Are you serious?!" She nodded her head multiple times as well as we held each other's hands. "Then your only 1% impure. That's ok. That's normal, I guess." I laughed at my own comment which Dara joined in. We're like crazy women having our own moment until someone decided to interrupt.

 

 

"Ehem..."

 

 

Both of us shifted our gaze to the direction of the sound and found the person we didn't expect to see.

 

 

"Donghae, you're here." Dara was the first one to greet him. I just nodded my head at him.

 

 

"Yup. Why? Are you expecting someone else?" He said and crossed his arms over his chest. Oh-keyy. My brows instantly arched at that. I mean, I know he likes Dara for a long time now but he should at least be supportive of her choice. He should've accepted the fact that Dara already has someone that she loves and she only sees him as a friend.

 

 

"Uhmm..." Dara suddenly looked at me with pleading eyes, a sign that she needs back up.

 

 

"Not really," I answered for her, shifting his gaze at me. "We're just spazzing over something and we didn't expect that you'll pop out of nowhere like a mushroom," I said sarcastically.

 

 

"Is that so? What are you spazzing about? That is if it's still ok to ask." He said, obviously fishing some information about Dara. Tsk. This guy never quits, does he?

 

 

"Trust me. You wouldn't wanna know." I answered for Dara again which made him look irritated. Huh! Since when did he become this nosy? I intentionally look at my watch to show him that we're running late. "Oh. Will you look at the time? Dara, we need to go. Our supervisors might be looking for us by now." I scowled at her and thankfully she got what I meant and go with the flow.

 

 

"Y-yeah, we should go. Seven might freak out if he doesn't see me on my desk by now." She answered back and stepped forward towards Donghae who's displaying a confused look. Maybe he's a little surprised since morning break isn't over yet. "Bye Donghae. See you around."

 

 

"Yup. Bye Donghae." I said as Dara pulled me with her, leaving the bewildered nosy man behind. I know Donghae since then and he's such a nice guy but if he does something to ruin their relationship, he should go back to where he came from because I'll do everything in my power, even crazy things, to protect them and he is not an exception.

 

 

———————

 

TOP'S POV

 

 

It's break time and all the boys already went out to have some snacks except me. Since I'm still not hungry, I decided to stay inside our office and continue with my work. That, and because Bom messaged me that she can't accompany me to have snacks because her supervisor asked for her assistance. Poor Bom. She must be hungry by now. I can already imagine her face scrunched because she can't have her snacks at this moment. Knowing her, she can't last a moment without eating her favorite food, corn. I know it's her favorite since we were kids. Yes, I know. We've known each other since then but I just don't know why she can't tell me that. Even if I keep on giving hints about it, she would immediately avoid the topic and change the conversation right away. I don't understand why she can't introduce herself as the little girl I used to know. Doesn't she have any idea how excited I was when I learned that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter