Her Guilt

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA'S POV

 

 

I heard the bell rang and all my classmates immediately stood up and prepared to leave. As for me? My seems to be glued in my chair, still not ready to go out. I can't even concentrate the whole time our class was ongoing for I was thinking of what will happen later. Not that I’m excited, but I’m kind of anxious about what will be the outcome of accepting Youngbae's invitation to dinner.

 

 

I bent my body sideways and leaned on my armrest trying my hardest to sneak a peek towards the door. I didn't see any signs of him. Good. I still have time to prepare. Wait. Prepare for what? Its just dinner for crying out loud.

 

 

I packed my stuff inside my bag and finally stood up. I walked towards the door and planning to go straight to the restroom but just when I was about to step outside our classroom, I heard my phone beeped inside my bag. Recognizing the specific message alert tone, I already know who on earth sent the message.

 

 

From: The Evil Monster

Geek! Where are you?!

 

 

My eyes squinted as I read the jerk's message. The nerve of this guy! Who is he to call me Geek huh?! I didn't bother replying but a few seconds later, another message came in and it came from the same person.

 

 

From: The Evil Monster

If you don't reply, I’ll come after you.

I'm serious!

 

 

Now he's threatening me? As if I’m scared. How many times did he do that to me? I'm still alive ain't I? Ignoring the persistent jerk, I shoved my phone inside my bag and head towards the ladies' restrooms.

 

 

After fixing myself, I checked my wallet if I still have enough cash for later's dinner. Even if Youngbae is one of the richest guys on the campus, I’m still not comfortable with him paying our entire meal. A smile crept to my lips when I saw a few bucks still tucked inside my wallet. This is enough but I hope he won't choose a restaurant too fancy that my poor wallet can't afford.

 

 

I stepped out of the restroom and was about to go back in front of our classroom to wait for Youngbae when a firm hand suddenly gripped my left shoulder. Uh-oh...I think I know from who the strong hand belongs to. I turned around in super slow motion like those actors in horror movies when they knew a scary looking monster was standing behind their backs. And just as I thought, I was welcomed by a furious looking dragon about to eat me whole and spit my bones afterward.

 

 

"H-hey what's up?" I slightly stuttered and I showed him the calmest face I could ever muster.

 

 

"Why aren't you replying?" He said flatly but it definitely sent shivers down my spine.

 

 

"Wh-what? You sent me a message?" I said denying as I fished my phone inside my bag. "Oh, yeah you did," I said as soon as I grabbed my phone and pretend to read it. "Sorry, I didn't hear it, I put it in silent mode when...'Toot Tooot. Toot Toot'" My eyes almost popped out of their sockets when my phone suddenly beeped loudly that almost everyone in the hallway heard. I looked at my phone and saw Youngbae has sent me a message. Oh, Ghaaddd!! Why must you send it at this very moment!!! I looked at Jiyong and saw him staring at my phone then shifted his gaze back to me.

 

 

"Silent mode huh?" He smirked mockingly as he tilted his head to the side.

 

 

I sighed and gave him a deadpan expression. "What do you want Jiyong? If you're going to have me drive you home or anywhere else on this planet, I can't. I'm busy." I said simultaneously, not giving him a chance to interrupt.

 

 

"Busy? Since when did you become busy?"

 

 

"Always! And you're always there to bug me and pester me around especially when I’m busy!" I saw his face frowned a bit but immediately recovered before responding.

 

 

"Really?" He simply said in a low tone as he looked at me intently. Is it me or did I just saw a glimpse of sadness in his eyes? "Don't worry, I won't disturb you again." He said as he glanced at me one last time before walking away in a different direction.

 

 

I was taken aback with his words as I watched his retreating back, walking away from me. Did he really mean it? Why do I suddenly feel dejected? I should be happy right?

 

 

"Hi!" A voice suddenly slashed through my thoughts as I heard Youngbae greeted behind me. Turning around, I again saw his smiling face and chinky eyes.

 

 

"Hey!" I simply answered.

 

 

"Are you ready?" He asked still looking elated as always. I was surprised when he tried to grab my bag and offered to carry it.

 

 

"Oh. I can do it Youngbae. Don't worry, strong muscles!" I said while showing him my petite arms. He laughed at my antics and just nodded.

 

 

"Let's go?" I nodded in response. I glanced back over my shoulder one last time before walking with Youngbae out of the building.

 

 

 

------------------------

 

 

We arrived at what looks like a five-star restaurant located a few blocks away from our school. I am currently sweating right now for I know my money will go nowhere if I spend it here. "Uhmm...Youngbae, are you sure you want to eat here? I mean we could just eat somewhere a little less fancy...you know.." I said as I fumbled with my skirt feeling nervous.

 

 

"Of course. This is one of our favorite restaurants here in the city. We always hang out here." He smiled at me and went out of the car. He immediately ran to my side to open the car door for me. I felt shy because of his gestures towards me. I mean, no one has ever shown me this kind of treatment before. Well, other than my Appa of course, it's a different thing.

 

 

He ushered me towards the entrance and the receptionist immediately opened the door when she recognized Youngbae. Wow, they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter