When Nightmare Befriends Reality

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA’S POV

 

 

“Do I look like I am?” His eyes looking down on me, they look pissed.

 

“Aren’t you happy to see me?” I tried to reach for his hand but he pulled it away before I can even reach it.

 

He squinted his eyes before asking me a question, his lips displaying a mocking smirk. “Are you dumb? Or just playing stupid?”

 

“What?” I asked even if I heard it loud and clear. It’s the same time my heart started beating frantically.

 

“Isn’t it obvious? You’re even dumber than I thought.” He continued saying those hurtful words. Obviously intending to inflict pain in my heart, if it’s even possible.

 

I looked at him with equal intensity, meeting his gaze without breaking. “So, it is true… You and Kiko…”

 

Out of nowhere, Kiko suddenly appeared. She s her hands around Jiyong’s waist and rest her head on his chest before looking at me. “Accept it and stick it up to that dumb head of yours that you and Jiyong can never be together. He’s mine.”

 

“Don’t be ambitious Dara. You’re nothing but my pet that I can play around whenever I want…” He said before returning her hug back. They turn around and started walking away. Away from me…

 

“No, Jiyong… Don’t go…” I tried to run after them but they are slowly fading away…” Please… Stop… Don’t leave me…”

 

 

“No!” My eyes abruptly open as I felt my heart beating fast inside my chest. Sweat is covering my face and I didn’t notice that it’s not the only liquid trickling down but my tears were making its way out as well. It was just a dream but it’s more like a nightmare.

 

Bits of reality is slowly sinking in on me as I remembered what happened when I finally saw him. Those words he harshly slaps on my face keeps repeating in my head like a broken record. How many times does he need to hurt me before I realize how stupid it is to believe any of his damn words? Another tear fell uncontrollably from my eyes and I just let them. I want to wipe them away but I’m tired and my body screams pain.

 

I scanned my eyes around and just realized I’m somewhere I don’t recognize. White ceiling, white walls, even my bed sheet is white. I heard a sound endlessly beeping the moment I woke up. I tried to locate it and found a machine installed near my bed. Beside it is a pole with a bag of fluid and a tube was inserted to help pump it out towards where it should be which is…me. I raised my arm and found that an IV is stuck at the back of my palm. My eyes widen in shock when I realized where I was.

 

“Oh, you’re finally awake.” A man wearing a white coat suddenly entered the room with a nurse following behind. “I’m Dr. Noh. You’re attending physician. How are you feeling?” He asked politely.

 

Instead of answering him, I tried to sit up but a sharp pain suddenly hit my head that made me halt from what I am about to do.

 

“Hey, stop it, Ms. Park. You will hurt yourself if you do that.” The doctor reprimanded me as he and his nurse helped me lie back down.

 

“What happened? Why am I here?” I asked as I rub my temple to ease the pain.

 

“Don’t you remember?” I stared at him before he continued “You passed out last night because of the heavy rain. Aisht. You kids. How many times do we have to tell you that the weather isn’t fine right now? You can’t bathe under it because of the abnormal temperature it has. Do you want to catch pneumonia?”

 

The doctor continuously scolded me as he scans the monitor of the machine to check my vitals. “I don’t get it. How did I make it here if I passed out?”

 

He stopped what he was doing and shifted his gaze at me. “That I wouldn’t know but you can ask around if you want.” He said as he finally finished checking the screen of the machine and giving instructions to the nurse. “I will be making rounds again later to check your progress and if the results of your lab test are good, I can issue a certificate for your confinement release.” He said and I just nodded in response.

 

As if on cue, the door suddenly burst open and revealed a very worried looking Bom. All our eyes landed on her, surprised at her sudden appearance.

 

“Tokki!!!” She shouted and sprinted towards my bed, shoving the poor doctor and the nurse aside. “What happened to you??? Are you ok?” Her hand automatically flew to my forehead and check my temperature. “Oh my God! You have a fever!”

 

“Bom… Stop it. You’re overreacting again.” I told her to calm her down but knowing her, that won’t work.

 

“Overreacting??? Who’s overreacting? Me? I’m being normal here damn it!” She yelled but her eyes started to well up. “Doctor, where’s the doctor?” She twisted her head left to right and tried to look for a doctor. Unfortunately for him, he’s still here.

 

“You!” She pointed at him and strode towards his direction. “How’s my rabbit? Is she ok? Is she going to make it? Talk to me!!!” She held him in an arm’s length and shook him hard when he wasn’t answering her question.

 

I tried my hardest to sat up and successfully did even if my body is protesting just so I can stop what Bom is currently doing. “Bommie! I’m fine. Let go of the poor doctor, will you? Jesus.” I pinched the bridge of my nose to calm myself as well. I know Bom is just worried about me but she can sometimes be so annoying.

 

She finally let go of him and let him live, I mean to speak. “She’s fine. It’s just fever and fatigue but she will be ok.” He confirmed as he fixed his coat. That finally made Bom relaxed. She apologized for what she did and the doctor accepted it though I know it will bring trauma in him for some time. They take their leave and left us alone inside the room.

 

Bom went to my side again and stared at me quietly. I know she’s waiting for me to explain and tell her what happened and this time I won’t lie. That is one of my promises to her that I intend to keep from now on.

 

I told her everything. From the moment I arrived at the place until the time I can consciously remember. As expected, tears uncontrollably fell from my eyes and I didn’t try to wipe it away even once. I let it all out thinking it will help me ease the pain I’m feeling. Somehow it did and I’m grateful I have someone to listen to me.

 

She hugged me and I felt her rubbed my back to calm me. She hasn’t said anything yet and let me finish what I have to say. After what seems like forever, I finally calmed myself and tried my hardest to stop crying.

 

“Hey, it’s ok. Crying isn’t the basis of being weak Tokki-ah, you know that.” She said as she tucks some of my stray hair behind my ear.

 

“I know, I just want to stop because I’m tired of it. I don’t know how much tears do I have to shed to ease the pain I’m feeling. I’m just sick of it.”

 

“Just let it all out. Time will come that tears itself will grow tired of spilling out of your eyes.” She joked and that made us both chuckle.

 

I gazed at her as our laughter died down and asked the other thing that’s been bothering me since I saw her. “D-does anyone knows? I mean, did you tell anyone about this?” I asked, hesitantly looking at her.

 

She sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter