She's Back

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA'S POV

 

 

Ok. Breath in... breath out...breath in... breath out.

 

 

"Ms. Park, we're here." I heard the driver informed me from the front seat for the nth time.

 

 

"Ok. Just a minute ahjussi." I answered. I need to collect myself first before going in there. I feel like I'm going inside a battlefield without any weapons to carry. Wait, I do have a weapon with me and that is...this! I raised the paper bag in the air like an idiot and stared at my poor gift for Mrs. Kwon. Geez, it’s not even wrapped in a presentable bag. How can I give this to her later?

 

 

What shall I do first? Oh! Send Appa a message. That's right. I immediately pulled my phone inside my purse and typed in a message saying I'm already here. I waited for his reply but a few minutes already passed and he's still not responding. Maybe he's busy or something. I looked at my watch and it's already thirty minutes past seven. I checked the people coming in the venue through the window and it looks like everyone's already inside. Only a few people and the guards were left outside. Maybe I can sneak in and try looking for Appa. Ok, that sounds like a good plan.

 

 

I opened the door of the car and was greeted by the driver standing beside the car. He pulled the door wide open and helped me get out like a gentleman that he is. "Thank you," I said to him and bowed a little.

 

 

"It's ok Ms. Park." He answered politely. He gestured me towards the entrance of the venue and before I could turn around and leave, I heard him said something which finally helped me relax. "You look beautiful tonight Ms. Park. Don't worry. You can do it. Fighting!"

 

 

I was taken aback when he brought his fist up in the air to encourage me. I chuckled at his cuteness and nodded my head. I think it's one of Bom's instructions to him earlier before we left. That somehow ease the stress building up inside me. With my purse on my right and the weapon, I mean gift, on my left, I started walking towards the main entrance of the venue.

 

 

I saw the guards looked towards my direction as I got nearer. "Good evening Ma'am. Invitation please." One of them asked. Bummer, I forgot to get it from Appa.

 

 

"Uhmm, you see... I don't have it with me but..." I tried to reason out but the other guard standing next to him rudely cut me off.

 

 

"I'm sorry Ma'am but no invitation, strictly no entry." He said with full authority.

 

 

"What? But I'm invited here. I just don't have the invitation."

 

 

"Again, we're sorry. If we let you in, then it'll be..." he wasn't able to finish what he has to say when a man wearing the same suit as them suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

 

 

"Ms. Dara? What are you doing here? Mr. Park has been looking all over for you." The guy said. If I'm not mistaken, he looks familiar.

 

 

"I... was late but I already sent him a message telling him I'm already here," I told him and gazed at the guards who now looked bewildered, suddenly stood uneasy on their spots.

 

 

The guy narrowed his eyes at the guards, eyebrows knitted together as he planted his hands on his waist. "Are they giving you a hard time?" He asked me about the two guards and that made them looked down, feeling ashamed of what they did.

 

 

"No, not at all. They're just doing their job the right way." I told him. I think he's their superior judging by how they act. I saw relief flooded their faces upon hearing what I just said.

 

 

"That's good then." He said and shifted his gaze back to me. "You may enter now Ms. Dara. Mr. Park is at the back hallway talking to his other men. He's waiting for you." He informed me and I just nodded in response. My eyes landed at the guards and saw them mouthed thank you to me as I passed through them. I just returned it with a smile.

 

 

I carefully walked towards the passageway as I followed the red carpet leading me to where the party is being held. The place looks so damn nice out here, I wonder how it looks from the inside. Upon reaching the main hall, I saw another set of guards standing at the two-door entrance of the venue. They bowed their heads and extended their arms to pull those floors to ceiling doors for me. This is it, Dara. You can do this.

 

 

I bowed my head to return the gestures and made my way inside as they swung the doors open. My jaw instantly dropped to the floor when I was welcomed by the most extravagant party I've ever seen. I mean, the decorations outside were nothing compared to what I'm currently seeing. I was greeted with a very huge chandelier hanging in the middle that lit the entire room which, by the way, looks like a big dome. The walls and ceiling were painted with different artistic designs of angels and others in medieval times. I walked further and my eyes landed on the large staircase twisted in a perfect half spiral which will lead me beneath the room where the people were celebrating. I peeked down to see if I can spot where Appa is but since the room is already crowded, I decided to take the stairs and will try to look for him. Ok, Dara. Here goes nothing.

 

 

--------------------------

 

3RD PERSON'S POV

 

 

As soon as the big doors opened, all eyes shifted to the newcomer who looks bewildered with the sight laid upon her. Dara started scanning the whole place like a child who went to an amusement park for the first time. She took in every detail of the place in her head, oblivious to the stares being cast upon her in her surroundings. Almost all the guest who saw her, especially men, started whispering to each other, trying to figure out who the innocent looking girl is and who she's with.

 

 

On the other side of the room, a man wearing an expensive-looking black suit, was busy entertaining her mother's guests as they keep coming left and right. They never failed to greet him how he is and ask about his future plans being the sole heir of their business empire. He knows in himself that he doesn't want this kind of gatherings because of these interactions to people he barely even know. He would rather celebrate her mom's birthday with just the three of them with the household people he sees everyday like what they usually do than greeting people he just met.

 

 

He was in the middle of conversing with the sons of his parent's business associates when he noticed the people around him suddenly became quiet. Even the guy he's speaking with beside him abruptly cut himself off and shifted his gaze towards his left as the rest followed. Curious as to what caught their attention, he glanced at the direction where they were currently looking. His eyes widen in shock, suddenly frozen in his spot when he saw the reason for the sudden stillness of his surroundings. "D-Dara..." Jiyong stuttered.

 

 

"You know her?" He heard the guy whom he was just talking to ask. His initial shock was instantly replaced with rage as his eyes turned into tiny slits when another guy beside him tapped his shoulder. "Bro, can you introduce us to her?" He said with a hint of interest in his eyes.

 

 

His fist curled into a tight ball as he harshly shrugged off the hand of the guy who touched his shoulder. "I'm not your brother... and No! I won't introduce her to any of you." He hissed and glared at them dangerously causing them to step back. He gave them one last look before leaving them dumbfounded.

 

 

Meanwhile, Dara held onto the rail of the staircase to prevent herself from tripping because of her shoes as she goes down. Some of the guests already went back to their previous businesses but the others remained focused on her. Jiyong noticed and it made his blood boil even more. He swore that the first guy who has the guts to approach her better prepare himself for his fist will definitely land on that guy's face.

 

 

He took long strides towards where Dara was, not caring if he already bumped into someone else without stopping to apologize. He's afraid that if he did, it'll be too late and someone might come to her to introduce themsel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter