The Turning Point

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA'S POV

 

 

"I... I like you, Dara."

 

 

Did I hear him right? Or was it just my imagination playing with me? I was still staring at him, dumbstruck. I can't think of anything to say.

 

 

"Dara...say something." He asked again, worry visible in his eyes.

 

 

"Y-you're k-kidding right?" I asked, stuttering badly as I stared back in his eyes, looking for any signs that will tell me he's joking but he's freakin' serious.

 

 

"Why will I joke about that?" He heaved a deep sigh and slowly let go of my wrist. He shifted his gaze back on the moon that was shedding its light on us. "I understand if you don't believe me."

 

 

"Jiyong, I...." I wasn't able to finish my sentence when I heard someone called my name behind us.

 

 

"Dara, there you are. I've been looking all over for you." Appa asked looking worried as usual. "What are you two doing here? It's already late and its freezing here."

 

 

I stood up, so did Jiyong as we both faced Appa. "Dara just reminded me about dinner, Mr. Park." He politely answered before shifting his body to face me. "I'll be eating dinner later Dara, you go ahead and thanks for reminding me." He said and bowed at Appa before leaving us alone. I watched him leave and when he turned to the corner, I glanced back at Appa and he's now giving me the knowing look.

 

 

"What is it Appa?" I asked but he remained silent for a few seconds before he decided to speak.

 

 

"It's late, go to your room now. We're leaving early tomorrow." He said in a low tone but I can tell that he's upset on something. I just nod my head in response, kiss him on the cheek before heading back towards my room.

 

 

How can I sleep now that I've learned something that can make me go insane?! Aishht!!!

 

 

--------------------------

 

 

Appa and I decided to wait for the Kwon's at the lobby to check out. He said we should always be the first one to arrive and never keep them waiting. "What happened to your eyes, Dara? You seemed like you haven't had enough sleep last night?" Appa asked as he leaned over to scrutinize my haggard looking face.

 

 

"Wh-What? Oh, it’s nothing. I had a hard time sleeping because of the bed. It’s too soft, you know I'm not used to soft beds. He-he." I lied. Of course, I didn't sleep. More like, I can't sleep! How could I? I was up all night thinking about what happened last night. I kept rolling on the bed, trying to find my sleeping position but every time I close my eyes, all I can see was Jiyong's image confessing his feelings towards me.

 

 

"Dara? Are you alright?" Appa's voice cut through my senses, stopping my endless thoughts of Jiyong. How can I face him right now?

 

 

"Yes, Appa. I'm ok."

 

 

He lifted his head and glanced behind me when someone caught his attention. "The Kwon's are here." He declared as he walked passed me and head towards them.

 

 

Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy.

 

 

I kept repeating inside my head, chanting it over and over, as I turned around and followed Appa with my gaze. There I saw them by the counter as they surrendered their keys to the receptionist, Jiyong standing behind. My eyes went wide when I saw him stared back at me as I immediately shifted my gaze somewhere other than his. Gosh, this is so nerve-wracking. Why is my chest pounding so hard and I'm already sweating buckets here?

 

 

I saw him pulled out his phone from his pocket and typed something on it. Not long after, I heard my phone beeped as I received a message which I already have an idea who it's from.

 

 

From: The Less Evil Monster

What are you doing there standing alone?

 

 

From: Me

Nothing. I'm just waiting for you guys to finish.

 

 

From: The Less Evil Monster

I see. I thought you're waiting for someone to approach you and 'help you with your bags' AGAIN!

 

 

I looked up and stared at his direction but he's not taking his gaze off of his phone. He looks like he's just busy fiddling with it playing innocent.

 

 

From: Me

And what exactly do you mean by that? Hmm???

 

 

From: The Less Evil Monster

Nothing, just stop looking like a damsel in distress. They'll be surprised once they knew how big your muscles are, just like Popeye.

 

 

What?!? Popeye??? I looked at him incredulously but still, he's not taking his eyes off his phone. Arggg!! This is the reason why it’s really hard for me to believe what he just confessed to me last night. This jerk really knows what buttons to push. Aisht.

 

 

From: Me

Popeye huh? Maybe waiting for someone to 'help me with my bags' wasn't such a bad idea. My muscles tell me they're not in the mood to carry heavy bags.

 

 

A smirk tugged on my lips, feeling triumphant to the comeback I just sent. Huh! Take that Jerk!

 

 

I was still reading the last message I sent him when an eerie voice made me jumped up on my place.

 

 

"Give me your bag."

 

 

Woah!!! I got startled when I saw Jiyong standing right in front of me in a speed of light. I looked over to where he came from and it’s a little too far from where I'm currently at. "H-How did you...?"

 

 

"I said give me your bag." He repeated between gritted teeth as he stared me down while catching his breath.

 

 

I heaved a deep sigh before gazing up at him. "Jiyong, I was just kidding ok?"

 

 

"Well, it isn't funny!"

 

 

"Look who's talking. You called me Popeye first and that wasn't funny either!" I retorted feeling pissed. I saw his lips curved in a smile as he tried to control himself from laughing. Arggg. This guy is unbelievable!

 

 

"Are you two fighting again?"

 

 

Both of us shifted our gaze to the owner of the voice and saw Mrs. Kwon standing beside us.

 

 

"Oh, no Mrs. Kwon. We were just talking." I answered as I shook my hands in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter