Guilt

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA'S POV

 

 

The bell rang at the end of the class and I hurriedly stuffed my things inside my bag. I ran out of our room and headed towards my locker to get and return some of my books. Gosh! I feel like I joined a marathon because of my speed. I already send a text to Bom that I’ll go on ahead of her because I still have to do some errands. But in truth, I have to head home and inform Appa about the trip before his working hours starts or else there's no way I can ask his permission because of his busy schedule. He told me the exact times that I can only call him because they will be changing destinations, from one place to another. Well, except emergencies of course but I don't think that my current situation falls under the emergency category. Now, the first chance that I can call him will be in an hour which is what I’m after, and the next will be on Thursday which is the day of our field trip! I can't miss the first one or I’m doomed.

 

 

Ahem, in case you are wondering why I have to go all the way home just to make a phone call is that one, I left my phone on our dining table when Appa and I had a father-daughter talk this morning. Two, I can't borrow Bom's phone because I don't want Appa to think that I’m using my best friend to have his approval. It happened once before and I don't have plans to repeat it again. Three, I don't want to borrow Jiyong's phone because...I simply don't want to. Ok, now back to my running spree.

 

 

I ran as fast as I could, avoiding every student that blocks my way. This school is really big that I’m already running out of breath because of exhaustion but my eyes went wide when I finally saw the gate. Almost there, Dara! I smiled to myself upon seeing that I was only a meter away but almost choked to death when somebody gets a hold of my collar stopping me from my tracks. That someone pulled me and pressed me against the wall.

 

 

"Where are you going hmm?" Uggghh its Jiyong. Why am I not surprised?

 

 

"Home! Where else?" I asked as I tried to free myself from his grip.

 

 

"Home? Do I have to remind you over and over again about your duti ...mmphmmph!" I didn't let him finish as I placed my palm over his mouth to shut him up. I don't have time for this.

 

 

"Where's your car?" I snarled as he whipped my hand away from his face.

 

 

"The parking lot of course. What's the rus..."

 

 

"Let's go!" I cut him off again and pulled his wrist towards the parking lot. I only have less than an hour to reach home and I hope we won't be caught up in rush hour because trains are much faster compared to a car stuck in traffic!

 

 

The jerk must have sensed that I’m really in a hurry so he did his best to slow us down. He feigned that his foot is aching and kept saying that we have to walk slowly to avoid getting himself a sprained ankle or worst a fracture.

 

 

"Oh, common Jiyong! Hurry up!! I know you're faking it!"

 

 

"No, I’m not. It really hurts...aaahhhgg." He dramatically said as he clutched to my arm to regain his balance. I scrutinized his face to see if he's telling the truth but he must be really good at acting because he looks like he really is in pain. Fine, it will be a lot faster if I'll help this evil monster first.

 

 

I grabbed his arm and draped it around my shoulder to assist him. Gosh, He's heavy but not as heavy as when he was drunk. "Jiyong, give me the key," I said as I struggled to hold him. He gave me the key to his car and I immediately opened the back door. I scoot him inside and buckled his seatbelt to keep him in place. Ok, Dara. You can still make it.

 

 

I quickly went in the driver seat and sped off. Looking at the clock shown over the dashboard, it's telling me that I still have thirty minutes to get home. Like what I did earlier at school, I avoided every car that blocked my way, swerving here and there, I’m like a maniac I tell you. Don't do these guys, only professionals are allowed Arrasso?!?

 

 

"Hey stupid! Do you want us to die?!" The ever-annoying passenger at the back shouted at me when he bumped his head on the window.

 

 

"Ooppsss! Sorry...he he he." I apologized and went back to driving.

 

 

"Arggggg! The paiinnn...!!!" I heard him yelled at the back as I saw him massaging his ankle. Oh my God. He must be really in pain.

 

 

"Jiyong, are you alright? What's happening back there?!" I tried to reach for him using my right hand while the other concentrated on maneuvering the wheel. "Jiyong, you're making me worry. Talk to me!!" I shouted with a shaky breath.

 

 

I can already see our street where I can just turn and head home but looking at Jiyong at the rearview mirror made me change my mind. I checked the side mirrors and when I was sure that the road was clear, I made a sharp U-turn and head towards the hospital. Damn, screw that trip, I don't care anymore if I’ll make it or not. "Hang in there Jiyong, we're going to the hospital!" I said and focused myself on driving.

 

 

"W-what?" He asked almost in a whisper.

 

 

"Don't worry. We'll get there as soon as possible." I assured him. I didn't hear any response. He must be doing his best to endure the pain. "Almost there, Jiyong."

 

 

"W-wait, i-i don't want to g-go in there." I heard him say but we are already at the entrance of the emergency room. I stepped on the breaks and looked at him with full of worry. I mean, he bullies me all the time and I want to get my revenge but not this way. I don't want him hurt.

 

 

I immediately got out of the car and opened the backseat door to get him out when he slightly pushed me. "Come on, Jiyong. The doctors will help you. Let's get you out of here." I said and insisted on grabbing his arms but he doesn't want to.

 

 

"I don't want to go in there. I... I’m ok now. I-It doesn't hurt anymore." He said and act as if nothing happened.

 

 

"What?!? Are you saying that you were just faking it the whole time?!" I snarled at him, now getting really pissed.

 

 

"No! It did hurt and it's still hurting, I just don't want to get in there." He said but it was too late for the nurses already came to our side and got Jiyong out of the car. He protested at first but finally gave in and went with them inside the hospital.

 

 

They checked him inside the doctor's clinic while I waited outside, praying that he's really ok. I don't know what I will tell his parents if something bad happens to him especially now that they are away. And Appa, he will be disappointed at me. He always asks me to look after him and now, arggg!!! I'm so careless! Because of that stupid field trip that I have to drag him forcefully. That may be the reason why he hurt his ankle. This is all my fault.

 

 

I got startled when the door suddenly opened revealing the doctor and the nurse. "Ms. Park?"

 

 

"Yes, doctor. Is he alright?" I said as I clasp my hands together feeling nervous. My worries doubled when I saw Jiyong got out of the room with bandages wrapped on his left leg while holding two crutches to support his weight. "Oh my God Jiyong! What happened to you?" I ran to him and assisted him in walking.

 

 

"Don't worry Ms. Park. It’s just a sprain. Mr. Kwon will be good as new in no time." He said, a wide grin plastered on his face.

 

 

"Are you sure doctor? He seemed to be in great pain a while ago. Did you check if he has a fracture or something?" I asked again, still not convinced with what the doctor is saying.

 

 

"Of course Ms. Park. He just needs a lot of rest for him to heal. I already prescribed painkillers in case he needed it." He assured me. I breathed a sigh of relief upon hearing him say that.

 

 

"Ok doctor. Thank you very much for your help." I said and bowed at him.

 

 

"No worries Ms. Park. Now, Mr. Kwon, take care of yourself so you won't get sprained again ok?" He said and patted Jiyong's back a little too harshly that caused him to lose balance. Good thing I caught him before he fell on the floor. Aisht! This doctor is so careless.

 

 

The nurses assisted us until we got inside the car. I don't know if it’s still part of their sop that more than five nurses should assist a patient because we almost have ten of them assisting him from the clinic until we got into the parking lot. Tsk Tsk! I better call their head nurse or maybe she is one of them? I thank them anyway and head back to the driver seat before their number doubles.

 

 

 

I started driving and I can't help but feel sorry for him. Like I said, this is all my fault. "Hey Jiyong..." I called him the moment I stopped the car after the light turned red. I looked at him at the rearview mirror and saw him playing with his phone.

 

 

"What?" He nonchalantly asked, not bothering to look at me.

 

 

"I-I'am sorry about what happened. This is all my fault." I apologized as I looked down at the steering wheel in front of me.

 

 

"Tsk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter