Her Fate's Wick

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3rd PARTY POV

 

"Are you all set princess?" Her father asked her when he saw her went out of their room. He smiled to her and gave her the lunchbox he prepared earlier. "I'm sorry you have to transfer school and leave your friends. But I promise you, you will enjoy your new school and you don't have to worry because Jiyong will be there with you."

 

"But he hates me Appa." Dara frowned as she pouted her lips.

 

Shin-yang crouched down to her eye level as he fixes her hair. "He doesn't hate you. It’s normal for him to act that way to a stranger. Did you hear what Mr. Kwon said?"

 

"That he's kind?" Dara said while looking at his father.

 

"Yes, and?"

 

She looks up in the ceiling and placed her finger to her chin as if thinking of other things to say to his father. "And....he needs help?"

 

"Exactly." Shin-yang smiled at her. "And I know how helpful my princess can be. Right?"

 

"Yes, Appa. I’ll be his friend." She answered while stretching her arms in the air.

 

"That's my girl. Now give Appa a hug."

 

Dara giggled and hugged his father tightly. They went out and headed to the garage where several cars were parked. Mr. Kwon already briefed him on which car should they use whenever he will drive them to and from the school. He also gave him the schedules of each one of them to be his guide.

 

As soon as Jiyong went out, Shin-yang immediately took his bag and opened the car door for him to step in. Dara was about to follow him but Jiyong abruptly raised his hand to stop her. "I don't want anyone sitting beside me." He declared as he glared at her.

 

They were both taken aback by what he said as Dara immediately halted on her spot. "Oh. It’s ok. You can sit in front Dara." Shin-yang said and closed the door at the back. She nodded and went in front as his father opened the door for her.

 

Shin-yang immediately started the engine as soon as he got inside the car, ready to drive them to school. "Buckle up!" He excitedly said that earned a giggle from Dara.

 

The drive will only take them 30 minutes but it felt like the whole day already passed because of awkwardness. Shin-yang stole a glance at Jiyong from the rearview mirror and decided to ask. "Are you alright there Jiyong-sshi?

 

Jiyong briefly looked at him and stared back at the window. He heaved a deep sigh before answering. "Yes, adjussi."

 

Shin-yang smiled and continued to drive. Upon reaching their destination, he immediately opened the door for Jiyong and was about to do the same for Dara but she beat him to it while smiling widely. "Aishht! Why didn't you wait for me?"

 

"Because I’m a big girl now Appa." She said and giggled when his father ruffled her hair. It didn't escape Jiyong's ears which made him more irritated. He hissed and immediately walked past them heading towards the gate, no intentions of waiting for her.

 

"Ok princess, be careful in there ok? Always be in your best behavior. Make friends if you can, I want to hear lots of stories later at home alright?" Shin-yang reminded her as he gave her a hug and send her off towards the gate. She waved goodbye and watched as his father sped off.

 

"Ahhh, I can do this. Fighting!" She whispered to herself as she raised her fist in the air.

 

The class started and as expected, Jiyong is one of her classmates. He was seated at the far corner of the room beside the windows. Their teacher called for her in front to introduce herself. She doesn't know why but she really felt nervous as she walked towards her teacher. She's usually energetic from her previous school, always in high spirit but this time, it’s different. Maybe, because her classmates were giving her an odd stare in a negative kind of way.

 

"Annyeong Haseyo! I-I'm Sandara Park. B-but you can call me D-Dara. I-I'm from...." she stuttered badly as she scanned the faces of her classmates, feeling the sweat streaming down her face.

 

"D-Dara P-Ppark???" One of her classmates mimicked her and made the whole class laughed at his joke. The teacher reprimanded them and everyone became silent once again. She told her to take a seat after her little introduction, unfortunately for her, the only vacant seat left was the one in front of Jiyong.

 

She walked towards the chair with heavy feet as if a ball and chain were attached to it. She stole a glanced at him and mentally thanked the heavens that he wasn't paying attention. She sat at her chair and focused her eyes in front.

 

The class went on but she really can't concentrate for she felt someone has been constantly staring at her back that made her shiver down her spine. If that wasn't enough, most of her classmates kept glancing at her direc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter