A Chance of Happiness

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA'S POV

 

Like any other day that Jiyong and I ate our dinner, this is no different. Except maybe for the fact that he's been acting really strange since we rode the car from the office to the restaurant. He is extra sweet and clingy. He is overly protective too. A guy accidentally bumped into me upon entering the restaurant and looked at me for just five seconds. For me, that was normal but for Jiyong, he immediately placed himself in the middle acting as a shield and glared at the poor guy using his blazing eyes. He told him to back off and threatened that he won't make it alive until the next second if he ever tried to lay his hands on me again. The guy quickly apologized and immediately scampered away, afraid that he might end up dead.

 

"Why did you do that?" I said as I stared back at him.

 

"What? He hurt you." he defended.

 

I sighed heavily, pinching the bridge of my nose before answering him back. "That was an accident Jiyong. He didn't see us coming in."

 

"Then he should have used his ing eyes and watch where he's going." He shot back. Aisht!

 

"You're unbelievable Jiyong," I said as I shook my head.

 

He suddenly smirked at me; a smile slowly crawled on his lips. Talk about mood swings. "I know Babe. Don't fight me on this. Not today." He said and tapped me on the nose lightly.

 

"But..."

 

"Let's go" He cut me off. "I found our table." He said and grabbed my hand. He led us to our table near the balcony overlooking the city.

 

He pulled my chair and waited for me to sit before rounding the table to take his. The view here is awesome I tell you. I guess I'm just lucky having to experience dining in such places. "You like it?" I heard him asked.

 

I tore my gaze away from the view to look at him. "Yes, It's amazingly beautiful," I told him and stared back at the scene again.

 

"Can I take your orders?" Both of us shifted our gaze upon hearing the voice beside us. I think he's the waiter though he's not wearing his uniform. He then handed us each menu for us to choose. "The view here is nice isn't it?" I looked up and saw the waiter directly staring at me, waiting for my answer.

 

"Uhm...Yeah, you’ve got a lovely place here." I answered as I brought my eyes back to the menu and busy myself scanning the pages but the persistent waiter dropped a follow-up question.

 

"You really think so?"

 

"Uhm, Y-yes," I answered back again, confused.

 

"It's not as lovely as you though." He commented in a low voice, like a whisper I almost didn't hear it. Unfortunately, the dragon in front of me heard it too.

 

He cleared his throat loud enough that it catches the attention of everyone within close proximity. "Are you done interviewing my GIRLFRIEND?" He asked. Emphasizing the last word as he glared at the waiter. "Can you take our orders now?"

 

"Yes, sir." The waiter simply answered and surprisingly not showing any signs that he is apologetic for what he just did. In fact, I saw him smirking which he tried to hide as he took Jiyong's orders.

 

I gave mine as well and returned the menu to him. "Will that be all?" He said and I just nodded in response. He took his leave but before he can take a full turn, he winked at me and immediately walkout. Fortunately, Jiyong didn't see that.

 

"That arrogant waiter." I heard Jiyong spoke in front of me.

 

"Hey, he's gone ok? Relax." I cooed as I reached for his hand resting on top of the table.

 

"But he's hitting on you. Can't you tell? He's obviously making a move on you in front of me. The nerve of that bastard." He muttered as he stared back at the direction of where the guy went off.

 

"I don't care. I'm with my boyfriend remember?" I said and that made him blush. Oh my gosh. Am I seeing this right? He's blushing! "Oh my God! You're blushing." I saw and pointed at his face. Oh Gosh, if only I can take his picture.

 

"No, I'm not. Stop it." He said as he looks everywhere but me.

 

I'm enjoying this and decided to more. What? This is once in a lifetime, guys. "Is my boyfriend jealous?" I said and stared at him. I propped my elbows on top of the table and looked at him closely, trying to read his thoughts.

 

"What if I am?" He said in a serious tone. Oh My. I did not expect that coming.

 

"Well..." My stomach churned at his comeback. Like always, he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter