The Pageant (Part 1)

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YOUNGBAE'S POV

 

 

She really looks beautiful. Even without putting some makeup on, her beauty outshines everyone else. We went out of the room the moment the organizers announced that the show is about to start. I glanced at her one last time but my heart sank when I saw Jiyong walked over to her and pinched her cheek. I know he likes her and him being harsh on her is his only way to cover up his feelings. I'm not dumb not to notice that. He's just so stupid not to admit. But even if I tried to stop myself from liking her, I just can't. I'm trying hard to keep my distance for the past weeks and see if I can move on and forget about my feelings for her and to give way to my best friend who's being stubborn. But the more I pulled myself back, the more I found myself looking at her from a distance.

 

 

I heaved a deep sigh and just look away. Unfortunately, I bumped myself to someone when I wasn't looking.

 

 

"Oh, I'm sorry Young Master Youngbae." The girl instantly apologized when I regained my balance. I looked at her and recognized who she was.

 

 

"Sulli?"

 

 

Her eyes brighten up the moment I mentioned her name. "Y-Yes its m-me." She stuttered.

 

 

"I didn't know you're studying here," I told her as she began to look nervous.

 

 

"Oh. I'm a scholar here." She said and smiled at me awkwardly. This is what Dara's been telling me about.

 

 

"Oh. That's nice. And Goodluck with the pageant too." I simply said and that made her grin widely as her smile reached her ears. I just chuckled and left her. What a weird girl.

 

 

----------------------

 

DARA'S POV

 

 

We all lined up here in the backstage as the organizers gave their final instructions to all of us. I'm so nervous right now and my palms are getting sweaty. I caught a glimpse of the audience a while ago and my heart stomped harder when I saw that the whole auditorium was packed with students not only here but from outside the university. I prayed that somehow God will spare me from embarrassing myself.

 

 

"Ok people! Good luck and have fun!" The president of the student council cheered and finally walked out to take care of the stage.

 

 

Ok, Dara. Just remember what the girls taught you and you'll be fine. I kept nodding my head like an idiot to boost myself. My heart started to pound when I heard the emcee greeted the audience.

 

 

"Goodluck slum girl, coz your gonna need it," Krystal said and flipped her hair as she looked forward in front of the stage. I heard the others laugh at what she said. Tsk, laugh all you want. I don't care anymore. I just want to get this over with and done.

 

 

The stage curtains slowly opened and the music started to resonate around the place. The emcee shouted the start of the program as she introduced the participants. All of us walked out towards the stage, simultaneously coming from both sides, girls from the left and boys on the right. Each pair will have to meet in the middle and fetch their partner before going in front to greet the audience. I was the last person in our group to come out and hearing the others say their introductions make me want to hurl because of anxiousness. When it’s my turn, I fixed myself first before walking out from the backstage. This is it. Oh, God. Please help me.

 

 

-------------------

 

BOM'S POV

 

 

We all sat in the audience after we went to Dara in the backstage. I'm excited and even if the pageant hasn't started yet, I'm already proud of my best friend for coming out of her shell. I mean, look how far she'd become.

 

 

The program finally started and the host welcomed everyone who attended. The curtains opened as the music boomed inside the whole auditorium. The audience clapped their hands, others even yelled when they saw the contestants went out one by one from the backstage. Since the theme is Mr. and Ms. Congeniality, I’m not surprised that they will always come in pairs. I wonder who's paired with Dara.

 

 

Everyone made their own unique introduction to the audience to be recognized specifically by the judges. "They all look great. Look at Krystal and her partner." One from the audience commented as the b*tch came out.

 

 

"Oh, is that Taeyeon-sshi? I hope she finally wins this time." Another one said that made me chuckled. Right, she always joins the pageant every year and never did she win even once. Poor girl, I’m sorry but this contest belongs to my best friend. Kekekek.

 

 

"Omo! There she is! Dara Unnie!" I heard Minzy yelled the moment she saw Dara came out. She walked with confidence and met her partner in the middle before going in front to introduce themselves.

 

 

"Good evening everyone, I'm Sandara Park from Marketing course." She said and smiled widely followed by Jaejoong.

 

 

"And I'm Kim Jaejoong from Business Administration Course. Thank you for coming and please stick around. We hope you'll enjoy the show. " He said. He gave a salute to the audience and wrapped her arms around Dara's waist to guide her back in line with others. Everyone applauded as the audience cheered for the last pair.

 

 

"Ohhh...that Jaejoong guy sure acts too close with Dara Noona." I heard Daesung commented. My attention immediately gravitates towards Jiyong who seemed so quiet but emanating a dark murderous aura. He's seriously staring in front, dangerously glaring at every move Jaejoong make. I can see his knuckles turning white as he tightened his grip on the armrest. I laughed inwardly at the results I'm getting because of my brilliant plan.

 

 

"Yeah, are they friends or more than that?" I said out loud, putting more woods to the burning fire. I stole another glance and chuckled when I saw Jiyong's facial expression. He looks like he's ready to kill any moment now. Uh-oh. I can tell that Jaejoong is in deep sh*t. I can't imagine what a horrible position for him to be in and one wrong move, it will definitely send Jiyong over the edge. I swear we will see an axe on his skull that wasn't originally there before. Yeah-yeah, I'm morbid, I know. But we can never really tell what's going on inside Jiyong's head.

 

 

Another round of applause was heard from the audience when the introduction part was done. The host settled us down and gave us a hint what 's next on the program. I'm kind of worried because Dara isn't used to these kinds of stuff. I know I put her in a very compromising position but I also know that this will help her in so many ways. I explained it to her a million times before and I hope she already understood why I did this.

 

 

"Ok people, settle down on your seats and let’s welcome again the contestants here on stage as they model themselves for the event's fashion show." The host announced as the whole auditorium boomed because of the audiences' uncontrollable screams. We did the same actually, we even stood up to show our undying support for Dara.

 

 

The contestants went out alternately starting from the boys followed by girls while sporting their outfits. Gosh! I think my lungs will come out of my rib cage any moment now from too much screaming. My mood improved more when Top joined me as he yelled Dara's name over and over. I glanced at the poor Seungri who became Chaerin's personal punching bag every time she sees Dara come out of the backstage. Minzy on the other hand, won't stop waving the banner she's been holding since the show started. Daesung helped her by holding the other end.

 

 

While we can't contain ourselves because of too much excitement, Youngbae, Donghae and most specially Jiyong kept glaring at the guy who's taking advantage of the opportunity being laid upon him. Yup, Jaejoong must have his death wish alright.

 

 

I watched as Dara strikes different poses at every corner of the stage. She really did listen to all the techniques Chaerin has taught her. But even without those branded clothes, I’m sure she will still stand out among the other contestants.

 

 

The fashion finally ended and gave the audiences enough energy for the next part.

 

 

"Ok people. All I can say is, WOW!" The host reacted as the audience laughed. "The contestants as so into it and you made it livelier with your screams!" He yelled. The students clapped th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter