Growing Stuck

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ten Years Later...

 

DARA'S POV

 

I was walking aimlessly along the corridor, dragging my feet as I made my way towards my locker. The class hasn't started yet but I already feel exhausted. Don't ask why because I’m so tired to answer and I don't want to remember what happened.

 

Upon reaching my locker, I twisted the lock with my combination and as expected, I was welcomed with a pile of trash stuffed inside with my books. It all fell from my locker down to the floor that earned almost everyone's attention. Did I say almost? I mean everyone's attention! They all stared at me for one good second and burst out laughing. Arggg!! I glared at all of them and that made them stop but some were just trying so hard to stifle their laughs. These people! How could they laugh at other's misfortune?

 

I started gathering the trash and threw them at the nearest bin before anyone accuse me of littering. I very well know who did this childish act. If it’s not him, he must have paid someone to do it.

 

I went back to my locker to get my books when I suddenly heard the people around me squealed. "Oh my gosh! Here they come!" Some girls huddled in the corner loudly said and that made me stop moving. "God! They're so handsome!" Another one yelled and that's my signal to move faster and yup, hide!!

 

I hurriedly gathered my things and quickly made my way out of that place not bothering to look who it was. I ran as fast as I can and immediately turned left at the corner to hide and if possible, make myself invisible.

 

I tried to sneak a peek behind the wall to check if my instinct was indeed right and true enough, it was him. My mortal enemy!

 

There he is... right there! You see him? No? Oh. Right. You can’t. You’re just reading. Ha ha ha. Ehem...

 

Anyways, he's walking confidently together with his gang. Well, they're not really in a gang but they look like gangsters with their get-ups. I mean, who would wear something like that inside the university? Leather jackets and ripped pants? Duh! And those girls can't control themselves whenever they see them walking along the corridors like they're some kind of models or something. Geez, what's happening in this country?!?

 

If only they knew what they're capable of doing especially their leader. I have experienced bullying from others but those are nothing compared to him. My very own personal bully is more hideous than all of them combined.

 

I got startled when I saw him glance in my direction so I abruptly stepped back and quickly hid behind the wall again. Geez, how can I go to class if they are currently lurking on the corridor I’m supposed to walk into? I'm running late and I know my professor won't let me in his class if I come late.

 

I let a minute or two passed before I decided to peek at them again. I leaned towards the very edge of the wall to have a better view when somebody gave my shoulder a quick poke. I ignored it for I am a woman in a mission. I craned my neck a little bit longer and deeply sighed in relief, smiled triumphantly to myself when I didn't see any of them at the hall. Good gracious. Thank you, God, for your kindness. I feel so blessed. I was about to go out from my hiding place when I felt the same insistent poking on my shoulder.

 

"What?!?" I yelled shifting my head towards my right but my breath was caught inside my throat when I saw the last person I want to lay eyes on. I dropped everything I was holding in surprise. He was glaring at me dangerously, staring me down as he made a step forward to reach me. "J-Jiyong..." I stuttered as I felt all my hair in my body raised.

 

"Where have you been?" He asked with gritted teeth. Gosh, I’m sweating buckets here now.

 

"I-I uh..." I tried to come up with an excuse but my stupid brain is currently out of order. My eyes went wide when he reached me and planted both his hands against the wall trapping me in the middle. Dear God, are you taking me now? Is this my last day on earth? But I still have so many dreams to fulfill and dying in the hands of this monster is the last thing I ever wanted.

 

Ok, in case you guys are wondering why this dragon is currently breathing fire on me is that aside from him being my constant bully, I made the greatest mistake this morning. You see, it was his fault actually. I woke up this morning to prepare for school and when it’s time for me to wear my shoes, I felt weird when something sticky touched my foot. I tried taking it off but I couldn't. Turns out that he sneakily put glue inside my shoes when I was sleeping last night. Of course, I went berserk but I can't fight back because you know...I just can't. Anyway, I went outside the house to find something th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter