Brilliant Plan

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA'S POV

 

 

"So...Is Youngbae courting you now?" Bom asked as we sat at the benches near the school garden. Its currently our break time and this is one of our favorite spots to kill time while waiting for our next class.

 

 

"No Bom, he just gave me a souvenir, period." I nonchalantly said and continued reading my textbook.

 

 

"But you said that the keychain is supposed to be for his special someone. Why did he give it to you then?" She stared at me squarely in the face while munching on her favorite food. Yes, people, you guessed it right, corn!

 

 

"Maybe he changed his mind or something. Don't give meaning to it Bom. It's nothing." I explained as I stared back at her. "And besides, why would he court someone like me? I'm not at par and definitely out of his league." I muttered and concentrated with my book once again.

 

 

"What do you mean you're out of his league?"

 

 

"Well...I don't know. Maybe Jiyong is right, I can't hang out with him or anyone of s and friends." I said somberly and raked my hair with my fingers.

 

 

"He said that?!?" She barked like a mad dog. She looked like she's ready to attack someone she'll lay her eyes on.

 

 

"Bommie calm down, will you? Aisht! It's not the exact words he used but its the only reason I can think of. I mean, why else would he want me to stay away from his friends?" I explained as I saw her calmed down and stared back at me. I told her what Jiyong told me when he saw us parked in front of their mansion.

 

 

"Did he say anything else aside from that?" She asked raising her brows.

 

 

"No. Well, he wasn't able to say something after I completely went hulk in front of him and walked away." I said as I remembered that time. I felt my cheeks burned upon realizing what I did.

 

 

"Hmmm...." Bom hummed as she looked at me as if she found out something that I don't even want to know. I shrugged and went back to reading.

 

 

"Hey, guys!" I looked up and saw Donghae coming our way while holding a bunch of snacks on his hands. "Hungry?"

 

 

"Do you hate food that much you just have to buy them all and eat them?" I commented still staring at the food he's holding.

 

 

He sat next to me as he handed us some of the food. "No silly. I planned to share them that's why I bought a lot."

 

 

"Ohhh.." Bom and I both said and gave each other a knowing look before shifting our gaze back to him.

 

 

"How are Chaerin and Minzy doing?" Bom asked as she finished eating her corn.

 

 

"They're good why?"

 

 

"Nothing, she kind of planned to go out this weekend that's all," Bom said grabbing some of the food from his hand.

 

 

Donghae gasped, not believing what he's hearing. "Really? So you guys are talking now?"

 

 

"Yup, is that a bad thing Mr. Lee?" Bom raised her brow to intimidate him and it looks like it worked for he suddenly cowered in fear.

 

 

"No, just asking! Geez. So... can I just come with you guys? I don't have anything else to do anyway." He said looking at her then at me.

 

 

"Only if you bring one of these! Gosh, this is delicious!" Bom reacted as she took a bite of the bread. Well aside from corn, bread is one of her favorites. The three of us laughed at her as we heard the bell.

 

 

"That's our cue! See you later Donghae!" I pat his head as he playfully winked at me.

 

 

Bom and I headed towards our class which both of us were in. Sitting at the back, we continued chatting while waiting for our professor to arrive when the room speaker came to life signaling a piece of impending news to be announced.

 

 

'Announcement: Our Annual Foundation Day is nearing. In celebration for this event, I want all of you to participate in all tasks assigned to each level. Your adviser will be in charge to formally give you your duties to the three-day celebration.'

 

 

I heard my classmates including Bom squealed upon hearing our principal announced the most awaited event of every student here on campus. The room became quiet again when the announcement continued.

 

 

'And finally, we are all aware that this is also the time where the contest for Mr. and Ms., ahem, I still don't know the theme for this year yet, but to those who are interested to join, please go to the student council office to register your name. That's all for now.'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter