Painful and Awkward Situation

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA'S POV

 

 

"Jiyong? What are you doing?"

 

 

Both our heads turned to the direction of the voice and saw the person I didn't expect to see.

 

 

"Kiko..." I heard Jiyong spoke and faced the person standing behind him. "What are you doing here?!"

 

 

"What do you mean what am I doing here? I'm just paying you a visit." She said irritably as she crossed her arms over her chest before shifting her gaze to me. "What were you doing to her?" She asked him but her eyes remained glued towards me.

 

 

"Nothing. Now leave this place and go home. We still have classes to attend." Jiyong hissed as he raked his hair with his fingers. It's pretty obvious that he's mad about Kiko being here, I just don't know why.

 

 

Kiko pouted her lips and started acting cute before striding towards Jiyong to cling her arms on him...again. Just like yesterday. "But Jiyong, I don't have anywhere else to go. I'm bored back in our mansion and if I stayed there any longer, it'll be the death of me." She exclaimed and hugged his arm. I don't know why but I'm beginning to feel irritated as well, what with this view I'm currently seeing.

 

 

Before my patience completely flew somewhere, I better get to class and do something more productive than watch these two morons in front of me. I hurriedly gathered some of my books that fell on the floor and made my way towards my assigned classroom without saying anything.

 

 

"Wait, Dara." I heard the dragon called but it has fallen to deaf ears for I continued walking. "Dara! Come back here." He ordered but I just ignored him. The nerve of that guy. He's not the boss of me! "Dara, if you don't stop..."

 

 

"I'm dead right?" I cut him off as I twisted my body to face him. "Kill me later if you want, I don't care! I'm late." I dismissed him and sprinted my way towards my room. I heard him calling my name a few times more but I never bothered to look back. Before I knew it, I can already feel something wet trickling down my cheek. Ugh! I hate this!

 

 

---------------

 

BOM'S POV

 

 

"Oh my Gosh! I'm so confused!" I'm currently staring at the fliers I took from the bulletin board this morning. It all came from different companies that supports the school program that we can choose for our internship. "Dara, where do you think is the best company to apply?"

 

 

"I don't know." She answered somberly as she stared at nothing in particular.

 

 

I looked up and gazed at her. "What do you mean you don't know? I mean, all of them are great but I think we have to choose the company that will give us the best experience suitable for our course. It should be our stepping stone towards a brighter future." I chuckled at my own choice of words. This might be the result of always hanging out with Top. His genius blood is starting to crawl up in my veins. Kekekek.

 

 

I whipped my head towards Dara when I noticed her silence. I'm actually expecting her to tease me to death right now but all I hear was the sound of crickets playing in the background. "Helloooo... Earth to Dara... Yuhoo!!!!" I brought my face near her ear so she can hear me clearly and it worked. She looked at me straight in the eyes but she's wearing a deadpan expression. Wait a minute, I know that look. "What happened to you? Are you ok?" I asked and feel her forehead using my palm. She's not sick but she looks like someone whose soul left its body.

 

 

"Yes, I am." She simply answered and softly swatted my hand away before shifting her gaze back to where she was looking at earlier.

 

 

I set aside the fliers I was holding and faced my drained looking best friend. "What's wrong? You know you can tell me."

 

 

"I'm fine Bommie." She said and plastered a smile though I know she's just forcing it. "Maybe I just woke up at the wrong side of the bed this morning."

 

 

I squinted my eyes as I scrutinized her face. She does have black circles around her eyes, a sign that she didn't get a good sleep but she's not telling me everything. "Fine. If you don't want to share it YET, I'll respect that." I told her before crossing my arms on top of my chest. Whatever's going on with her, I hope she can somehow handle it on her own. I know she doesn't want people worrying about her but just by looking at her state, it's pretty obvious that she's not fine at all.

 

 

"Are those the fliers from the companies willing to hire interns?" She suddenly asked to change the topic.

 

 

"Yeah. Have you seen these? They all belong to the big companies of Korea. A lot of them are owned by our school's sponsors and parents of the students here." I told her as I handed her the fliers.

 

 

She scanned each paper while nodding her head every time she sees the familiar names of the companies. "Kwon Enterprises..." I heard her spoke as she read one of them. Her face suddenly became serious again and she stared at it for who knows how long. Now I'm beginning to get a clue of what or who, rather, caused her to act like this.

 

 

"Yup. Apparently, they also need interns there and most of the students are eyeing that company. They're really hopeful to get in for they also want to work there after college." I explained; her eyes still glued on the paper. "We can try to send our applications there if you want."

 

 

She finally took her eyes off the sheet and looked at me incredulously. "No thanks, I don't want to be anywhere near that jerk." She commented as she rolled her eyes. I cleared my throat a little louder and when she realized that what she said was a dead giveaway, she immediately fixed herself and explained what she meant. "I mean, you know how I hate being near him right? And besides, Donghae said that we can't go to companies that we have connections on."

 

 

"But you're not related to the Kwons. You can still try." I pressed on further and learned more about her worries every minute she explains herself.

 

 

"Yes, I'm not but Appa is. He works there remember?" She justified and she has a point, looking triumphant when she saw my dejected face. The sign when she knew I already gave up on the argument.

 

 

"Aisht! Then where are we going to apply?" I screeched; the feeling of frustration is starting to take over me as I pouted my lips. She chuckled as she scanned the fliers once more, looking for other companies that's better than the Kwon's. As if there is. Ugh!

 

 

"Here, what about this?" She held the paper up high before showing it in front of my face.

 

 

"Shin Group of Companies?" I read out loud as I squinted my eyes to see it clearly.

 

 

"YuP." She answered and popped her lips to emphasized the letter P on the word. "It looks good isn't it? Aaanndd...the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter