One Step Closer

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA'S POV

 

 

"I'm sorry." I heard Donghae spoke beside me. I looked at him but his gaze was directed towards his plate, his head bowed down a little.

 

 

I put down my chopsticks and took off the table napkin placed on top of my lap before facing him. "That's ok," I told him and lightly tapped his shoulder. "That could have been worse." I chuckled and that made him turned to me.

 

 

He sighed as he brought his hand forward to put a stray of my hair and tuck it behind my ear. "I know you’re hurting, you don't have to hide it from me, Dara."

 

 

I was taken aback with what he said. How did he know? Am I too obvious?

 

 

"Yes, you are." He answered my unspoken question. Now he's a mind reader? "And I'm not a mind reader Dara."

 

 

My eyes widened as I looked at him in horror. "How did you..."

 

 

"It shows in your face." He chuckled before he continued. "You're really easy to read. I don't know why Jiyong can't. He's an idiot I tell you." He commented as he placed his table napkin on the table as well and called the waiter for the bill.

 

 

I sighed. If what he's saying were true, that means he can already tell what's been running inside my mind. That's totally embarrassing. "Are you ready to go?" I heard him asked as I saw the food already packed inside a bag for take-out.

 

 

"Yeah let's go," I answered as both of us head for the exit.

 

 

He insisted on sending me home since he told me that his house in on the way. I didn't argue anymore, I don't have the energy to do so, instead, I kept quiet for the whole ride. Donghae, on the other hand, kept his silence too. If he can read my mind through my face like he said he can, then he probably sensed that I don't want to talk about what happened back in the restaurant.

 

 

We arrived at the Kwon's mansion in less than an hour. I told him to park just outside the gate. He assisted me in going out since I've got lots of stuff to carry. "Here, this is for you." He said and gave me the paper bag of the leftovers we ate in the restaurant. "Those aren't leftovers. I ordered extra for you to take home."

 

 

"What? When did you do that?" I asked.

 

 

"When you were busy looking at the waitress jotting down my orders. You look funny by the way" he chuckled and copied how I looked. This guy is really gonna get it I tell you.

 

 

"Stop that! You're not funny!" I said and smack his arm repeatedly.

 

 

He lifted both his arms up in surrender and that’s the only time I stopped hitting him. Hmp! Serves him right.

 

 

"Just eat those foods ok? You didn't eat back in the restaurant. I don't want you becoming thin when you're with me." He said and that made me blush. He smiled at my reaction and I immediately looked away. He ruffled my hair and he gave me a quick peck on my cheek making me speechless as ever! "Goodnight Dara!" He said and strode towards his car before speeding away. I didn't have a chance to reply. That jerk stole a kiss from me. Argg! Wait till I see you in school.

 

 

-------------------------

 

3rd PERSON'S POV

 

 

A girl knocked three times before she heard her boss's muffled voice from the inside permitting her to come in. She peeked between the gap of the door and leaned forward to have a better view of her boss. It's always understood that every time the day ends, she will give her boss an update to all their pending transactions left undone and give reminders of their itinerary for the following day.

 

 

"... and Mr. Takahashi was very pleased with the presentations done by our sales team, they already want to sign a contract with us."

 

 

"That's good. They can be our very first client once we started expanding in Japan." Her boss nodded her head in approval before she propped her elbows on top of the table. "Any other updates?"

 

 

"Oh, and regarding the interns we needed, I already have the list of candidates for interview." She said and handed a folder to her boss. A smile instantly crawled up in her face when she opened the folder to read the list.

 

 

"Great Job Yuri. Have our HR handle them as soon as possible and don't forget to give me updates on this." She said as she placed down the folder.

 

 

" Of course, Ma'am." She answered, amused at her boss's reaction upon seeing the list. It's really rare to see her get excited about something related to their work or anything at all. That made her smile inwardly to herself, happy that her boss is finally loosening up a little. "I'm about to leave now. Do you need anything else that I can assist you with?"

 

 

"Oh, nothing more Yuri. You can go home now." Her boss answered. She bowed her head and headed towards the door to leave.

 

 

Minutes passed after left alone inside her office, she suddenly heard her phone rang inside her bag.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter