The Internship

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA'S POV

 

 

"Tsk! Where is Bom?!" I looked at my watch to check the time and was shocked to see that we only have fifteen minutes before the interview starts. I'm already here at the lobby of SGOC building waiting for her and my stomach hasn't stopped from churning because of too much nervousness. I called her phone a million times and she's not picking up. Damn it. She's not ditching me, is she?

 

 

"Dara! Dara!"

 

 

I heard a loud sound coming from the back screaming my name. I turned around and felt relieved when I saw the woman I so wanna strangle right now.

 

 

"Where were you Bom?! I've been waiting here for almost an hour I thought you already went to other companies and ditch me!" I hysterically yelled at her the moment she reached me. She was panting heavily as she clutched on her bag and a folder full of files.

 

 

"Ditch you? Why would I do that? I just woke up late and the traffic was so bad I almost got out of the car and walk all the way here." she explained while fixing herself. She looks like an executive already with what she's wearing and I looked like her assistant.

 

 

"Fine. Let's go now. We're going to be late." I said and hurriedly walked towards the elevator. I pushed the up button and thankfully, it's already on the ground floor we don't have to wait any longer. We went inside the moment we heard the 'ding' sound and immediately pressed the floor number to where the interview will be held. The elevator was about to close when Bom and I heard someone yelling for us to stop the door from closing.

 

 

"Wait! Wait! Wait!"

 

 

I abruptly extended my hand forward and used it to prevent the door from closing but my face became distorted when the door crashed my hand to be able to stop it. A woman in her early twenties walked in and stared at me, maybe surprised with what I did.

 

 

"Thank you, Miss," she said and bowed her head again.

 

 

"You're welcome," I answered back awkwardly as I massaged my aching hand. Bom looked at me worriedly but I just gave her a reassuring smile.

 

 

She pushed the very top floor of this high rise building before standing against the wall in front of us. The elevator started to go up and the three of us waited to reach our floors. Since it’s a long wait, my eyes can't help but wonder around these four corners. It's very high-tech, we can hear a voice talking whenever the door opens and closes. It's also well ventilated and very spacious that the probability of a claustrophobic person being suffocated in here is close to none. Maybe this is made for them. It's so cool. Kekekek.

 

 

After being amused by the amazing interiors, my eyes then landed on the lady in front of us. She's wearing office attire and killer high heels just like the woman standing next to me. But what caught my attention more was her ID pinned on the lapel of her blazer. "Yuri..." I whispered her name to myself but unfortunately, Bom heard me.

 

 

"What?" Bom asked as she looked at me confused. I saw the lady looked at us too bearing the same expression as Bom.

 

 

"Nothing." I simply answered and lowered my head to avoid the lady's stare. Seconds passed and I can still feel someone looking at me like she's drilling holes into my skull or something. I feel heat crawl up my cheeks because of embarrassment.

 

 

We heard the elevator's 'ding' sound again indicating that we already reached our floor. I immediately positioned myself ahead of Bom and stepped out as soon as the door opened, not daring to look back. I heaved a deep sigh, relieved when I heard the door finally closed.

 

 

"What's wrong with you?" I heard Bom asked while wearing her double confused look. "You're acting weird again Dara."

 

 

"Aisht! I said it was nothing."

 

 

She planted her free hand on her waist as she scrutinizes my face. "I know you, Dara. When you say nothing, there's definitely something."

 

 

"I just accidentally blurted out the lady's name a little too loud. Damn, I didn't expect you to hear it." I told her. "Plus, I got scared when we caught her attention. Did you see how she looked at us? I got goosebumps all over me." I said as I held on to my arms protectively.

 

 

Bom stared at me impassively for five good seconds before breaking into a series of laughter. "Hahahaha, you thought she's a ghost or something? Hahahaha" She held her stomach because of too much laughing and that earned her a smack from yours truly. "Ouch, that hurts!"

 

 

"Serves you right. You're always making fun of me." I told her and fixed myself before walking ahead of her towards the venue.

 

 

She hurriedly followed behind me as I search for our room where the interview will be held. "Alright Tokki, I'm sorry ok? It's just that you're always being paranoid when it comes to things like that. Remember when you called Jiyong a witch? That was hilarious I tell you." She chuckled remembering that incident I told her.

 

 

"Well, it really looks like it. What with the voodoo dolls and all." I answered without looking at her. Now that she mentioned it, I remembered that time when Jiyong caught me snooping around his things. That was nerve-wracking but thinking about it now, I kind of missed those old times. I heaved a deep sigh before concentrating on what I was doing. "Aha! There it is!" I whisper shouted the moment I saw the room which the HR told us to come.

 

 

We immediately walked towards the room but saw no one in the waiting area. "Where is everybody? I thought there's an interview for a number of applicants today?" Bom asked.

 

 

I checked my watch and it says we're right on time. "I don't know either. Maybe the HR sent the wrong time?"

 

 

I was about to call the person in charge when the door suddenly swung open and revealed another lady wearing the same office attire as the one we're with at the elevator.

 

 

"Oh, you're here." She said the moment she saw us. "Good morning. My name is Choi Ji-Eun and I'm the HR Department head." She introduced herself and shook both our hands. "Did you bring your resumes with you?"

 

 

"Yes, Ma'am. We did." Bom and I answered in unison.

 

 

"Good. Now let's start with..." she looked at us interchangeably as if choosing who will go first. "You."

 

 

She pointed her finger to Bom and she excitedly nodded her head before turning to me. "Dara, wait here neh?"

 

 

"I will. Goodluck Bommie. You can do it. Fighting!" I said as I fisted my hands and show her. She entered the room following Ms. Choi behind.

 

 

I sat at the metal chair installed against the wall of the room while waiting for my turn. To be honest, I’m a little nervous...Ok fine, I'm super nervous about this. I mean, this is my first time to be interviewed and I don't know what they'll be asking me later. I'm not worried about Bom, I know she can nail it without sweat unlike me. I'm afraid I'll look like a complete moron in front of the panels.

 

 

I looked around my surroundings and it seems so quiet. I don't know if there are other applicants scheduled today but from what the HR told me, we're the first lucky batch and I hope we really are lucky to get in. I don't know why but I really want to work here. Maybe because I already feel comfortable the moment I stepped inside this building, well except for that Yuri girl who gave me the creeps.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter